Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mage Weapons

(XBOX)FISTO ROBOT0

I think the wrist weapons are the sci-fi analog for "mage" weapons. One shoot lasers, another shoots fire, also got sonics; do we have one for electric yet?

Hell no, geez, Warframe is not a anime, when we became medieval mages? If we get a magic staff, then people will ask for a Unicorn.

Warframe has been pretty anime since before second dream reveal was even a thing. Melee and Parkour 2.0 saw to that.

mages are in the realm Fantasy-style Magic, which is totally different from Space Magic. all the crazy powers Tenno and their enemies have are either a result of incredibly advanced Technology (as seen in Mass Effect and other Sci-fi), or from Void Energy, which basically is "Magic" as nobody really understands it, yet it is capable of doing outrageous things.

If I want mages, wizards (is there a difference?) and mystical stuff, I'll go Play Diablo 3 or whatever.

Funny how people are against "fantasy magic" or "anmime-like" things given that warframe is pretty much all about that...

Space-Robots that use glowing melee weapons...

Gundam-like Space-Thingies...

A hawt "Mother" with quite some cleavage that cares for her edgy, tweeny "children"...

DAT booty on weapons of mass erec... destruction...

SUPER edgy Archnemesis that has no more background than to be the obligatory edgy Archnemesis...

LITERAL Space Magic called Void Energy in the hands of some "chosen" teenagers...

Absurdly evil dudes that make it a no-brainer to dislike and fight them...

Constant chit chat of the badies that no matter what want to give voice to their witty one-liners... and they write your some emails too... even that tentacle thingy...

A "funny"-borderline annoying comic-relief sidekick called Ordis...

Oh this list can go on with all the tropes... that doesn't mean its bad, just get real and take it for what it is.

While that would be cool, what about.... now hear me out... what about a shield. Yea... cause everyone wants one of those. It'd be like a big rectangular metal sheet just on the warframe's back and you could smash stuff or something... Idk

Every frame in the game is essentially a "mage"

Different frame = Different type of "mage"

So.... I don't see how an addition of a magical weapon will help with the game.

If anything, it is just a secondary drain on yur energy pool, and if it runs on ammo, it is just an ordinary gun that fires fantasy beams.