Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #68

[DE]Rebecca

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Steve: One of your stated goals of remaking the Star Chart is to stamp out loot caves so players will disperse throughout the system... but isn’t it counter-intuitive to provide “meta” skills to make caves more efficient, such as Desecrate?

Scott: Previously you’ve stated that you were considering blanket changes to improve the baseline scalability of damaging powers. Atlas' Landslide and Equinox's Maim both have phenomenal scalability in their damage, but when will we see older skills like Fireball and Crush be made similarly effective? 

Presently all melee weapons share the same base stats in newer systems - Channeling, Comboing and Charging - and hidden stats relative to Stealth and Blocking. Have you considered altering these base stats for some weapon types, to enhance build variety and increase the value of some low- to mid-performing weapons, such as Scythes?

Edited by Archwizard

First of all, thanks for this awesome game

3 questions:

1: Is the latron wraith coming back as sortie reward or some near event? because is the last wraith weapon which didn't got re-released and shadow debt brought a new wraith(which is awesome, by the way)

2: as shown on buliding warframe: Rubico, you guys created several concepts for the Rubico(http://i.imgur.com/YPP3sxO.jpg). Do you have any plans for the ones not used? maybe a crit-based assault rifle with the number 5 design,with a shorter barrel and slight bigger magazine would be awesome.

3: i know this is kinda beating the dead horse, but would be possible to give to sniper weapons innate punch through, like lanka and snipertron? 

Edited by Lt.Nagae

Any progress on the Banshee skin? I loved the original concept with the fractal arm. Is that one still goning to be a thing or is it officially staying the vinyl arm? It'd be nice if we could get both as a skin specific armor option kind of like the way she has it now by default.

Edited by Volatice

Thanks for putting this up!

Have a few questions, which I imagine are gonna be condensed if they're answered on the stream:

- Is there any work being done to reduce the number of players getting banned for trading with a stranger who's done a charge-back on their plat purchase? The receiving player has done nothing wrong, so perhaps it would be better just to log trades on a server somewhere and reverse them prior to removing the plat from the economy? This would reduce the amount of headaches both for players and for your support team.

- Continuing with trades, is there any work being done to improve Maroo's Bazaar? It's bugged out pretty bad at the moment but it has the potential to be pretty cool, if you improve the system a bit and give people more of a reason to go there instead of trade chat. Perhaps you could stick Darvo's shop in there?

- Is there any work being done to re-balance weapons that are clearly under/over powered? Weapons like the Miter, Seer, Silva & Aegis, etc, are all very fun to use but they just don't do enough damage to use outside low level missions...while on the other hand weapons like the tonkor or Galatine, while also very fun, are easily acquirable and outclass almost every other weapon in their category.

- Same as above, but with frames. It's common knowledge that Limbo's rift plane is too restrictive, Hydroid's powers just aren't all that useful, Volt's 4 doesn't do nearly enough damage to matter, etc, etc. A lot of those could be fixed just by tweaking stats, no re-programming required. Is there at least one person assigned to do this?

Edited by Drenlin

Will you guys be changing the absurdity that is the auto-ban system in that it punishes victims for the actions of another? I.E. buying plat, trading it away, then canceling the sale, which could give others a negative plat amount resulting in a ban.

Also, any word on fixing the Carrier problem?

Edited by (XB1)Pumba315

Do you acknowledge that some of the frames are in desperate need of a rework? Limbo, Volt, Oberon and Hydroid are the prime examples that comes to mind (no pun intended). I would love to know if you at least had a plan for when some of these might receive their much needed rebalancing?

Personally, I think Limbo and Hydroid should receive your top priority in the rework schedule.

- Also, when is your next deluxe skin coming out? For which frame? And last but not least, who is the next prime after Saryn? Thank you so much for making this wonderful game, I'd really appreciate it if some of my burning questions could be answered. Thanks.

1) Considering the different philosophies of the Focus schools, I'm wondering if we're going to actually see any incentive for actions that actually play into those methodologies. Will there be efforts made so they're not improved expressly through kill-based affinity, but also through suitable approaches that fit the philosophies?

1a) More lore based, but will we have further exploration of what the different Focus schools actually teach? A line or two is a nice start, but there's a lot of potential depth to engage with what makes the distinction between the, say, Vazarin and Naramon paths beyond just the mechanical perks they offer.

2) Since the addition of the Operator, I've been wondering if it might be possible to have it so we have a distinction between an Actual Name and the Callsign/handle that is tied to our account. Minor, perhaps, but it can add a little extra depth perhaps.

3) Will we see Dojo and Liset decorations that have some relationship with the Focus Schools? Such as a Naramon Bonsai, or Dojo rooms that serve as a temple to that particular School?

4) Are there any considerations to helping support Status builds as much as Critical builds? With the recent additions of things like Argon Scope and Bladed rounds, Critical weapons have moved even further as more weapons can access Red Crit. Comparatively, many Status weapons can get 100%+ Status Chance, but that offers no logistical benefit; it's empty levels compared to the always valid Critical Chance.

5) Last but certainly not least, same question I ask every time I hang about: Are there any plans to add Name labels to Colour palettes for customisation? You've already done it for Dojo Colours and whilst it may be limited it nevertheless does help discussion as everyone of us can use a name and comment upon it, whilst trying to tell someone your colour scheme can get a bit fickle as all you've got to work with is the Palette name and whether you can name the colour.

Seeing as I understand you're still working to implement systems to help the colourblind, such as the Locker changes (You still need to fix the Derelict lockers by the way) and the addition of Rank Stars to the top of mods, I hope its not inappropriate to ask if we can get some Colour labels for the palettes to make it significantly easier for those of us so inclined to experiment.

Any event, whether my questions make the cut or not, thanks for your time to read them over.

Good hunting.

Should focus on fixing the long bug list that has not fix in long long long time... That makes the game real anoying and frustrating many times! And hopefully stop creating new bugs all the time triyng to nerf every single thing that bring out and never test...
Besides all that let see if make the game less boring.

I have just a few questions, one a more technical question and the other a more artistic or thought-provoking question. I always try to make it a point to ask questions that could be discussed, as opposed to quick "yes or no" type inquiries.

Two technical questions:

1. In the way Arcanes are equipped on Warframes currently, would you consider changing it to allow players to enchant ANY cosmetic they like BUT have a limit of how many Arcanes are equipped as a net gain on the Warframe at once? I.E. Instead of limiting Arcanes to just helmets and syndanas, which any Warframe can equip only 2 of at once, have a limit of 3 Arcanes on a Warframe at once and let players enchant armors, auxillaries, chest plates, anything they like?

2. For TennoGen creators, would you consider adding all the default helmets of approved Warframes so that Skin creators can make matching packs just like the Primsa Excalibur Skin pack which comes with a matching Prisma default helmet, Avalon Helmet, and Pendragon helmet? What are the restrictions for this?

And for a more thought-provoking question:_

1. Now that all consoles have had access to u18 The Second Dream quest, I would like to ask the team from a creative, and artistic design standpoint, What is the reasoning or inspiration behind revealing the Tenno to be what they are, children? I do not mean this in a malicious or displeased sense, but rather from pure curiosity and willingness to understand your decision as a whole for this choice of story-telling? For example; was the team inspired by certain mecha anime mediums, was the team trying to make something really shocking and out of the ordinary? Etc?

2. What is your team's motto/theme/morals for the design and development of the game in regards to what it is you want your players to experience and get out of the game? What I mean by this is, all tweaks, buffs, nerfs, and changes to the game-play in Warframe is subjective to the direction you want to take it in; and given the huge amount of discussions on the forums on what "should" happen or what is "fair" really all depends on this direction. For example, in a horror game you'd want your players to feel uneasy, defenseless, scared. In something like Dark Souls you'd want your player to feel challenged, difficult but realistic, paced human combat. In something like Dynasty Warriors you'd want your player to feel strong and energized mowing down unrealistic amounts of armies in a hack'n'slash combat.

A very long time ago (2~3ish years)  when Dev-diaries were being posted on the Warframe news your team commented that you'd want your players to feel powerful, and unique, playing as a mysterious warrior capable of taking down hundreds of enemy units with ease, with unique abilities no other enemy has.  How has this motto, or moral for the direction of the game held up over the years? In follow up to that set-up, with the expansion of the game, the Void, Sentients, and now Stalker(s), new enemy units with various nullifying or blocking features, one may be forgiven in saying the enemies of the Tenno grow stronger, greater, with ever more interesting abilities even shared with the players' Warframes themselves. One might even say in the face of the ever expanding world and enemies, the Warframes might be in danger of losing or has lost some of this uniqueness and strength for the players' experience. What are your thoughts on this concern, and would you be able to tell us what is it you want your players to experience or feel when playing this game?

2.a Speaking as an idea for discussion; This line of thought perhaps may in general address the constantly changing, and volatile topic of what is exploitation, cheating, cheesing, or other morally questionable ways of playing the game. Sometimes it feels like certain changes to the gameplay's mechanics are to specifically halt the part of the community that exploits/trivializes a certain part of the game, and in doing so the whole community suffers from the change. For example take the event of "ViverGate"; in response to the exploited Reputation farming meta, Excalibur, Trinity, and Mag were nerfed to directly halt those players taking part in Vivergate. However every other player who enjoyed playing those frames or were never even interested in Syndicate Reputation at the time also were punished for it. What are your thoughts at drawing the line between that it is you want your players to experience in the game, and those players who seek to simplify, trivialize, or exploit the game? In a way, it can be expected that no matter what is created, there will always be at least a small part of the community that seeks to trivialize it, you can't please everyone.

Edited by Volkovyi

Will all the Warframes ideas from the contest devolped in the Desing Council will actually be Warframes? Or will they be just concept ideas and not all will be included?

Up untill now we got Equinox(The Winner), and Atlas(Rock) which both were ideas and I was wondering if you plan on making all of the others which I will not mentiom for spoilers.

With the addition of Shadow Debt mods many weapons are now able to red-crit and some even fairly reliably such as the Dread being able to theoretically reach 216.5% crit.

My question is will status weapons be getting any love in the near future with a "red"-status? Simply doubling status proc's wouldn't really be too helpful in most cases but perhaps adding an additional effect when status chance is over 100% chance?

Edit: Also will Pluto ever be changed to match it's real appearance as seen when New Horizons passed it last year?

Edited by Zieryk

After you separated alt fire from aim most weapons with alt fire are basically unusable on ps4. Like panthera. Or harpak. Do you even test such changes at all? FYI R3 and L3 on dualshocks were never meant for holding down.

Revert this if you must. You already used up all controller buttons. Right now it's basically broken. I'm honestly astonished someone decided it was fine.

Took me a while to post this feedback without resorting to language that could get one banned or in jail.

Are the mods from the Shadow of debt going to be entirely event-exclusive, or are they going to appear as a drop from enemies outside the event?

Also, is there any news about new stance? I've been hearing people wanting better stances for mainly dual swords and whips.