The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Lotus Inform Squads Of The Presence Of Rare Containers In A Mission?

24spencer

Hi,

I've been discussing the rare containers with a few friends and clanmates and the same idea cropped up a few times - since The Lotus can detect the presence of caches where they spawn in Sabotage, should the same apply to rare/reinforced containers?

I'm interested to see what the community at large things about this idea. Do you agree, or disagree?

Edited by 24spencer

Problem I see with it is this:
You load into a mission.
Does Lotus tell you a rare container is there or not?
if not then abort and retry until there is.
If there is then go through every single tile with loot detector until you find it.
Then repeat the entire process.

That's what would start to happen, and I can't really agree to it because of that.
Especially the impact that would have in pugs.

On the end of the mission....maybe...(When all enemys gone, survive 15min +, defense 15waves +)

I woulde see this workeing but amp it up to a full rotation 20 min survival defence and so on and so on you coulde run into it at random but get a heads up like sab catches just at the end of the rotatation instead of the begining

Edited by DreadmaulEx

For the love of GOD, YES!! This should be a thing.

Maybe... it should be conditional? Have an item that you must build, a sort of rare detector, that is consumed once you find/open the container??

But honestly, ANYTHING that indicates whether I should look for rare crates or not would be a godsend. I have been looking for that Mantis part in orokin Towers for months

On the end of the mission....maybe...(When all enemys gone, survive 15min +, defense 15waves +)

This would require a change to keys in non-endless missions to work though, as in the key is used before mission completion in non-endless missions.

Currently they key is 'used' after the first reward is given (eg 5 minutes/5 waves/1 round) for endless missions.

For non-endless missions the key is only used upon successfully completing the mission.

Without a change to make it so that the key is used upon objective completion (eg killing the enemies/defending all of the terminals) it would just lead to more annoying abuse: Doing a T4Mdef and you clear all the terminals.  There is no lotus voice-over to tell you that there is a rare container in the mission.  Host aborts to keep his key (since the mission isn't finished yet) and screws over everyone else in the squad from getting rewards.

It could work if keys were changed to be consumed at the point when no one else could be invited to the mission.  But without that change it wouldn't get better.

or when u reach the tile or tile next to it lotus would tell u there is rare box nearby

Would still lead to efficiency quitting.

Especially in key based missions:

Run through all tiles of mission, avoiding completing the objective.

No voice over? Abort and try again and again never using your mission key until you get a rare container.

Would make joining random void missions more annoying with that becoming the dominate strategy.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Would still lead to efficiency quitting.

Especially in key based missions:

Run through all tiles of mission, avoiding completing the objective.

No voice over? Abort and try again and again never using your mission key until you get a rare container.

Would make joining random void missions more annoying with that becoming the dominate strategy.

so in order to make the lotus tell u if rare box is somewhere we would need to do following: complete objective, be in that tile the box is in, revamp key system to make u lose the key if u leave after objective is completed, maybe needing a special gear item just for hek of it and to be crown jewel be alone. otherwise lotus wouldn't inform you.

yeeeeah still makes no sense :|

I don't even know what a rare container looks like lol. 

But do you know what it sounds like it?

---

I think it is fine as is. It already has its little chime.  Lotus knows I've probably missed dozens of them but whatever.

Edited by Lanieu

Problem I see with it is this:

You load into a mission.

Does Lotus tell you a rare container is there or not?

if not then abort and retry until there is.

If there is then go through every single tile with loot detector until you find it.

Then repeat the entire process.

That's what would start to happen, and I can't really agree to it because of that.

Especially the impact that would have in pugs.

This is why i think she should say it after the objective is complete or like someone else commented already, once you within X range of it

How about making them appear different on the radar. Right now all loot containers show up as a small white box, rare containers could show up as a special symbol that you'd only be able to see within a certain distance of the container.

But do you know what it sounds like it?

---

I think it is fine as is. It already has its little chime.  Lotus knows I've probably missed dozens of them but whatever.

Didn't know it had a sound either -_- 

I've actually only encountered 1 rare container because a teammate way pointed it. Was in a spy sortie too. Didn't really spend the time to look at it either. Just rushed over, picked up the booster and ran away.

Edited by (PS4)Lilg31

Seems like a good use for air support - particularly since new craft need rare containers

Make the next landing craft's support have a radar ability, that takes 5 mins to slowly exand to full map coverage, but locates any rarities - kuria, rare chests, etc.

or when u reach the tile or tile next to it lotus would tell u there is rare box nearby

Some nice discussion here, but I can see where you're coming from saying that efficiency quitting would be a problem.

I like Ouroboros' and Hemmo's suggestions actually, they sound like good ways to handle it.

Nah lotus inform no instead loot detector aura should show it with a different icon on the map

Hemmo67 has it right. telling you when you are a certain distance away from said container would help prevent abuse. i like it

How about making them appear different on the radar. Right now all loot containers show up as a small white box, rare containers could show up as a special symbol that you'd only be able to see within a certain distance of the container.

Very good suggestions. I like it.