Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Once Best Now Worst.

TeaBegging

I own all Syndicate secondaries aswell. You compare  their dps but you forgot or didn't mention that continues guns only do damage once per second. So the comparrision is invalid. 

I don't think you really know how continuous weapons work.

I can pulse that Gammacor and kill a squishy enemy while using only 2 ammo. You may or may not be able to go below 2 ammo because of the fire rate. But only once per second, that'd be 15 ammo per enemy which is simply not true.

I don't think you really know how continuous weapons work.

I can pulse that Gammacor and kill a squishy enemy while using only 2 ammo. You may or may not be able to go below 2 ammo because of the fire rate. But only once per second, that'd be 15 ammo per enemy which is simply not true.

That pulse is still within one second. But if you want to get another hit going you keep that fire up. or you pulse agian. Thats how continues guns work. Before there used to be multiple damage numbers showing they changed that because people with low spec computers/laptops were getting visual issues. 

Wrong.

Lato is still the worst secondary in the game.

Burst firing the Gammacor is the way to save its ammo.

Get practicing. 

I think I made it clear in several posts that I don't like burst firing a continues gun. Just to reduce or counter the ammo cost. Completely breaks the gun functionality

That pulse is still within one second. But if you want to get another hit going you keep that fire up. or you pulse agian. Thats how continues guns work. Before there used to be multiple damage numbers showing they changed that because people with low spec computers/laptops were getting visual issues. 

I think I made it clear in several posts that I don't like burst firing a continues gun. Just to reduce or counter the ammo cost. Completely breaks the gun functionality

Why don't you use the regular Gammacor, then? The Synoid version is fine as it is now.

Wrong again.

Efficiency has nothing to do with firing type.

Sometimes a weapon is made Semi Auto is because of the calibur of bullets it fires is too heavy for repeated fire.

Sometimes a weapon is made full auto because the weapon is capable of supporting the load.

Efficiency in ammo is based purely on the user.

If yu can't aim,or yu refuse to stop holding down the trigger even when the target is dead, then yur ammo will forever be scarce, and burst firing ensures that yu do not waste unnecessary ammo trying to kill an already dead target.

Unless yur trying to melt the wall behind the target too, then whatever.

Gammacor still deals a metric S#&$ton of damage. And i still build for firerate. To hell with ammo consumption. It's called a secondary weapon or a reason. Burst clear stuff with the SG, then use my primary until i'm back to max, rinse and repeat.

43k burst is still way higher than most secondaries.

I will admit that I do hope the Synoid Gammacor gets a second pass when the Devs eventually roll out Damage 3.0, but for the time being its still an incredibly potent gun. It retained it's incredible DPS and even though you may notice the high ammo consumption on the highest tier Sorties for 95% of the game it's fairly manageable with trigger discipline and it still wipes the floor with every faction.

I certainly wouldn't call it the worst of the Syndicate secondaries (I'd reserve that role for the Secura Cestras).

Wrong.

Lato is still the worst secondary in the game.

Burst firing the Gammacor is the way to save its ammo.

Get practicing. 

Know what's better for burst firing? A brakk. And the brakk saves more ammo while doing the same damage if not more.

You don't use beam weapons for burst damage, you use them for continuous.

Don't see the reason people cry over this. You should absolutely never use only one weapon in any run. Different tools different jobs. I like my laser pointer with its hideous damage. 
"Ammo issue!" I have at least two more ways do dish damage. FFS guys, stop going to the "need the most overpowered things", the weapon as it is now, can stand up to raid, t4 and sortie mobs. What more do you want from it? Whip it - burst trough your ammo, swap and use the carrier to redeem the ammo. It is not like pistol ammo is that rare.

Edited by phoenix1992

I am using ammo mutation, and its not helping me one bit. Still run out fast.

Learn some trigger discipline, then. You hardly need to tap that thing to nuke anyone it touches. Holding it past that wastes ammo quickly. You should also use punchthrough so you can hit more than one enemy at a time. Every enemy you hit after the first one using punch through is extending your ammo efficiency by 100%... Besides- it's a SECONDARY. It's mean to be a backup weapon, not your main weapon. All weapons in this game should run out of ammo if you don't use anything besides them. Otherwise ammo has no point.

You don't use beam weapons for burst damage, you use them for continuous.

Wrong.

Firing type has nothing to do with Trigger discipline.

If the Gammacor or Beam weapons are designed to be held down for continuous damage, they would be given a feature that scales their damage up the longer it is fired. 

But it does not.

So it is functionally just a machine pistol with a beam aesthetic, and therefore, Trigger discipline is required. 

Learn some trigger discipline, then. You hardly need to tap that thing to nuke anyone it touches. Holding it past that wastes ammo quickly. You should also use punchthrough so you can hit more than one enemy at a time. Every enemy you hit after the first one using punch through is extending your ammo efficiency by 100%... Besides- it's a SECONDARY. It's mean to be a backup weapon, not your main weapon. All weapons in this game should run out of ammo if you don't use anything besides them. Otherwise ammo has no point.

Or i can just use atomos. Ba dum tss.

Or i can just use atomos. Ba dum tss.

That works too. They work different ways but they both get the job done. One is better suited for people that like precision and something that can quickly melt a hard target, one is better suited for people that like dealing with lots of small stuff quickly for long periods of time.

Or the original Gammacor, as suggested previously. Your point?

Or i can just use a lato? I heard it's well enough if modded properly....Duh.

My point is, why should i sacrifice 2 mods slots in my synoid gammacor (ammo mutation, seeker) just to be able to SAVE some more ammo? I could just use an atomos. Does the job easier, faster, better and more efficient. Also why should i EVER use the normal gammacor? It's like saying use the Lex instead of the Lex Prime. Ha. PS: Atomos deals the same dps + 5% more status and also while hitting up to 4 enemies together.

I like how all of you people like to say that synoid gammacor is still one of the BEST secondaries. Not to mention that HIGH DPS man. Uhm, excuse me? Do you know how it deals DPS? Yeah, by wasting ammo. I get my lex prime and kill 20 guys with 20 shots, or let's say 25 shots, let's say i just missed 5 bullets. By that time, you have killed 20 enemies with the synoid gammacor too, but with probably 150 or even more shots wasted. Totally unreliable for higher levels. Have fun later, killing 1 guy with 60 ammo while i kill him with 3 - 5 ammo. Even the atomos, that is capable of hitting up to 4 enemies together...250 DPS x 4 = 1000 DPS. And that with a fire rate of 5. Synoid Gammacor has triple the fire rate, but not even HALF of atomos possible dps. (S. Gammacor = 420 DPS)

At least you got a MLG 420 blaze it laser pointer but that's about it. The shiny times of the synoid gammacor are over. I have to agree it had to get nerfed somehow. It had highest dps back then, best ammo efficiency and the continuous thing made you able to use it as a laser sword. But i agreed for a nerf, not for a nuke. I probably only use it when i'm either drunk or when i want to disable myself for whatever reason.

Now if you still feel like you give no crap about efficiency and love bursting heavy targets down, fine. Take the Twin Grakata. Miles better. Sniping capability, higher DPS and also doesn't waste the first shots by shooting like the s. gammacor that has it's laser get to reach first.

Or i can just use a lato? I heard it's well enough if modded properly....Duh.

My point is, why should i sacrifice 2 mods slots in my synoid gammacor (ammo mutation, seeker) just to be able to SAVE some more ammo? I could just use an atomos. Does the job easier, faster, better and more efficient. Also why should i EVER use the normal gammacor? It's like saying use the Lex instead of the Lex Prime. Ha. PS: Atomos deals the same dps + 5% more status and also while hitting up to 4 enemies together.

I like how all of you people like to say that synoid gammacor is still one of the BEST secondaries. Not to mention that HIGH DPS man. Uhm, excuse me? Do you know how it deals DPS? Yeah, by wasting ammo. I get my lex prime and kill 20 guys with 20 shots, or let's say 25 shots, let's say i just missed 5 bullets. By that time, you have killed 20 enemies with the synoid gammacor too, but with probably 150 or even more shots wasted. Totally unreliable for higher levels. Have fun later, killing 1 guy with 60 ammo while i kill him with 3 - 5 ammo. Even the atomos, that is capable of hitting up to 4 enemies together...250 DPS x 4 = 1000 DPS. And that with a fire rate of 5. Synoid Gammacor has triple the fire rate, but not even HALF of atomos possible dps. (S. Gammacor = 420 DPS)

At least you got a MLG 420 blaze it laser pointer but that's about it. The shiny times of the synoid gammacor are over. I have to agree it had to get nerfed somehow. It had highest dps back then, best ammo efficiency and the continuous thing made you able to use it as a laser sword. But i agreed for a nerf, not for a nuke. I probably only use it when i'm either drunk or when i want to disable myself for whatever reason.

Now if you still feel like you give no crap about efficiency and love bursting heavy targets down, fine. Take the Twin Grakata. Miles better. Sniping capability, higher DPS and also doesn't waste the first shots by shooting like the s. gammacor that has it's laser get to reach first.

You know with that first line, I'm not even going to bother taking this seriously.

So your point here is either comparing apples to oranges like that other guy or simply misrepresenting what this weapon is capable of, gotcha.

Edited by Kontrollo

You know with that first line, I'm not even going to bother taking this seriously.

So your point here is either comparing apples to oranges like that other guy or simply misrepresenting what this weapon is capable of, gotcha.

It's not my fault that the truth hurts. I did not design the weapon nor did i decide how it's "nerf" is going to look like. I tryed to give the best examples and explain it as best as i could. If you refuse to belive that the s. gammacor is just bad and outdated, fine. It's your thing.

Edited by IceColdHawk