Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Saryn Prime Access Anticipation Megathread

AsaTV-Twitch

He's probably one of those GGEZ frame users, like excal.

Whoa! Chill, Tenno! What's with the Excal hate on a Saryn Prime hype thread?

On topic - I am hyped about the Nikana Prime, but also worried whether I will be able to use my Gemini skin on it. As for the Spyra - unless I see some updated stats (not sure if they did that, actually, not logged in-game in a few days) I can't really decide. Also I am not a Saryn fan (though I do approve of her currect fighting style), but I am not a hater either, for the record.

Whoa! Chill, Tenno! What's with the Excal hate on a Saryn Prime hype thread?

On topic - I am hyped about the Nikana Prime, but also worried whether I will be able to use my Gemini skin on it. As for the Spyra - unless I see some updated stats (not sure if they did that, actually, not logged in-game in a few days) I can't really decide. Also I am not a Saryn fan (though I do approve of her currect fighting style), but I am not a hater either, for the record.

You should be able to use your Gemini skin on Saryn prime. I know this because I use the Strega skin on Trinity Prime. Nothing to worry about.

Forget about what I said that up there. No mostly it won't be able to use the skin since most prime versions of weapons use different textures and whatnots. At least from personal experience all the prime weapons I have can't use other skins from the original weapons.

Forget what I said up there as well, I don't know anything from what it seems when it comes to skins. I was sure that skins for the glaive can't work on the glavie prime but I guess I was wrong. Anyway have a good day.

As for Saryn prime, I can't wait. People say she is bad now after her rework but I find her a lot of fun and pretty powerful if you use her abilities in combos. Sure, it takes little more effort to execute her full toxic destruction but it all worth it when you see everything boil and melt away before your eyes. For meself I put her around a middle to high expert level to fully use her the way the Devs intended with her rework. That is when I say middle to high expert level I mean doing more then press four to win. (I'm looking at you Ash and Nova). Good thing is, Ash will be getting a rework so he has that going for him. Anyway long live the toxic queen!

Edited by Elivil

All I see is mastery fodder.

But still, all this will be a nice distraction as I wait for PC to get 18.5.

Then the countdown for 18.5.1 for us console tenno...may begin.

I wish the best for you console tenno <:( Maybe someday they will sync the updates in the future. Anyway still counting down for Saryn prime and all the wonderful prime weapons that come with her.

look forward to some drama on this thread

"Saryn is good and fine"

"Look at those viral procs!"

"MP 2x dmg modifier without slow"

"MR fodder"

"She lost EHP upon revisited oh mah gawd"

"Look at kill rate of high lvl enemies!! Not even close to excal!"

"Bewbs"

"Tentacles"

"Buk_ake"

Let the war begin!!

Edited by Volinus7

Gemini is a Nikana/Dragon Nikana sheath skin, not a Saryn Skin.

Blaa, How embarrassing. I meant the Orphid Skin. Yeah I'm not sure about the Nikana skin. My guess would be no, since other prime versions don't use the skins for the originals. Sorry about the mix up guys. 

Umm, yes they do. (regarding skins on primes)

Are you sure? I was sure you can't use skins for the glaive on the glaive prime. This was my reference for all of this when it came to the nikana prime

Edit: Alright I looked up something about weapon skins and learned that "some" skins may not work on certain weapons. So from what i know right now, My final answer is I don't know. The gemini skin may or may not work on the nikana prime. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

My example is: The Day of the dead skin does not work on the glaive prime but proto glaive skin does.

Edited by Elivil

Are you sure? I was sure you can't use skins for the glaive on the glaive prime. This was my reference for all of this when it came to the nikana prime

The other weapons and frames can. The thing with Nikana Prime and Gemini is iirc, Gemini looks different on Nikana and Nikana Prime. So would Nikana Prime use the Nikana or Dragon Nikana Gemini Sheath?

The other weapons and frames can. The thing with Nikana Prime and Gemini is iirc, Gemini looks different on Nikana and Nikana Prime. So would Nikana Prime use the Nikana or Dragon Nikana Gemini Sheath?

good question, I will find out in a few hours, my guess is the regular nikana sheath since its not a dragon nikana.

good question, I will find out in a few hours, my guess is the regular nikana sheath since its not a dragon nikana.

It really all depends on what the devs want to do. It most likely will work on the prime version since it doesn't matter if the skin is placed on the nikana or the dragon nikana. I wouldn't worry about it.