The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am more excited with the new Oberon skin than with a new frame

Vlada91

1 hour ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Everything he can do, other frames can do way better. He is completely laughable when compared to Trinity, his radiation proc is useless when compared to Irradiating Disarm and Chaos. His defensive capabilities are barely adequate.

I have no favourite playstyle, I switch from tank to stealth to inbetween all the time. I've used every frame in the game and Oberon (in my opinion) is blown out of the water by every other frame in the game, with the exception of Hydroid (pun intended).

But I love Oberon, so doesn't that mean he does have his own niche?  And if so, means he does have his own play-style that just maaaaaaayyybe you don't fit under?  And maaaybe just let people enjoy the frames they enjoy, and can do good with.  When I am Oberon I am more than capable at holding my own and helping to keep my buds from getting too low on health.  We all like certain frames more than others, but that doesn't mean we need to say that the ones we don't like are "useless".

18 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

I didn't like the skin that much, i think it is missing something. Like the cherry on top, that made the other skins pretty amazing.

syandana peraphs ? they will likely add that, if not, uru syandana may fit just fine

That skin looks really nice. Can't wait to see it ingame.

5 hours ago, Tsoe said:

Oberon was for long my favorite frame

But with the game evolution and his lame augments i started to use him less and less (just like chroma)

The skin is awesome and i will gladly put plats in it

i just hope for some kind of buff for him during the process , to make him part with the new and old reworked frames

it will surely become my favourite frame again if they do so

2nd and 4th augments are lackluster, true, but Smite Infusion? That said, Scott mentioned at some point he wants to have a look at the unloved Warframes again. But I guess they're currently occupied with "bringing Volt and Mag to Excalibur's level".

Side note: Oberon is one of the best team players in this game, yet people hate him for some reason. It's really kinda funny.

Just now, Kontrollo said:

That skin looks really nice. Can't wait to see it ingame.

2nd and 4th augments are lackluster, true, but Smite Infusion? That said, Scott mentioned at some point he wants to have a look at the unloved Warframes again. But I guess they're currently occupied with "bringing Volt and Mag to Excalibur's level".

Side note: Oberon is one of the best team players in this game, yet people hate him for some reason. It's really kinda funny.

OBERON FTW +1 <3

I like that skin. Might dust off my Obe to use it for a bit. Except... someone mentioned the small goat feet, and that is all I can stare at now. Curses! Maybe just make his lower legs and hooves a little 'beefier' rather than like stick figures? Please? Kay? But yeah, other than that one little nit-pick; Looks fabulous! 

well the problem with oberon is scaling

only is 1 and 4 are reliable at all lvl

hallowed ground statut immunity is useless when you get 1 shoot and renewal healing rate (and the tone of energy it consume if team need healing) is nothing for same reasons

but for sure at low/midle lvl mission he is great

Not saying he couldn't use some improvements - e.g. he should be more tanky as the allrounder he's meant to be - just that people are blowing his weaknesses out of proportion.

It's possible to bring him into a 60min T4S, and that power level is good enough for most of the content this game has to offer.

I am beyond in love with this skin for Oberon. I'll miss his slightly thicker current hooves - this new skin draws more on thin fawn-like legs instead of the sturdier and thicker style his legs are currently - but oh lord alive I really love the Monarch Butterfly theme. So much. 

(Also his legs will probably look better in game in an actual standing pose. In the typical T-shape, the feet don't seem to plant firmly on the ground and it almost looks like they should have more of a pronounced hock than they do, so they just look oddly slanted and like he should be falling over at any given moment.)

2 hours ago, (PS4) GamerCat535 said:

Thanks for the insult...also, I can read...but it becomes difficult to understand the meaning behind a sentence when there is literally no punctuation helping it.

you're pretty sensitive arent you?^^ feels like whatever people says you're takeing it as an insult

4 hours ago, (PS4) GamerCat535 said:

But I love Oberon, so doesn't that mean he does have his own niche?  And if so, means he does have his own play-style that just maaaaaaayyybe you don't fit under?  And maaaybe just let people enjoy the frames they enjoy, and can do good with.  When I am Oberon I am more than capable at holding my own and helping to keep my buds from getting too low on health.  We all like certain frames more than others, but that doesn't mean we need to say that the ones we don't like are "useless".

Oberon's 'playstyle' is the same as other frames that have his statistics. As for having a niche, no he doesn't because he cannot handle endgame. I can't actually remember the last time I saw an Oberon in a public game. I'm not saying you're misguided for liking him, if you like playing Oberon, then that is perfect. Each to their own.

I'm stating the simple truth that Oberon is probably one of the most useless frames in the game as of this precise moment in time. He is rarely seen out of mid-game missions and even then he is a rare sight. It's good that you manage to make use of him in the field. There are three tiers in this game, low-game, mid-game and end-game. Almost all weapons/warframes can conquer mid-game with ease, but when it goes into missions that start off with lvl 35 enemies, that is when your gear is truly put to the test. It is clear that some weapons/warframes will not last very long in end-game no matter how much you move around. An example would be the Kraken. Easily listing as one of the worst weapons in game and is purely there for Mastery fodder. No one takes that thing into end-game, because they all know it is completely useless.

Another example would be Oberon. If going into long Void missions or just general high end ones, a grand majority prefer an instant heal from a Blessing Trinity then a slow heal from Oberon, who's healing projectiles have travel time and do not instantly restore health and shields. I say this with regret because when Oberon first came out, he was my main for awhile, but I eventually left him behind because I simply couldn't find a reason to use him when all of these other, more powerful frames were put in front of me.

I would genuinely love to see more Oberon's in high end missions, because unfortunately at the moment he has the defensive capabilities of a China teapot in an elephant reserve. With the buff he will hopefully become more on par with the other frames.

Back on topic:

The skin is beautiful. But he is in dire need of a buff.