Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why buff Spira Prime's stats but leave the derpy throwing scatter?

Shy0

normal spira's aim mechanics (first throw at crosshair, second a fixed distance below it) are already annoying enough, but at least predictable. spira prime's is so much worse, with the projectiles falling at four different points instead of just two. the pattern is random as well, and is not changed by throwing one at a time (instead of full auto) or even by reloading between shots to try and preserve accuracy. what's the point of having such a high crit chance when you can't even hit targets beyond short-to-medium range after accounting for the steep arc?

stats look so good after the buff but disappointing experience overall since the daggers go everywhere but where i want them to go. choice of assassins? must be some really lucky or bad assassins to pick a weapon that is so unreliable.

not even going to bother making any suggestions to fix it, since DE does whatever it wants. just waiting for staticor nerf anytime now.

Yeah just wanted to ask the same...

Spira Prime is such a nice Throwing Knife, but it suffers from the same problem as Spira and Kunai...for some reason the only accurate throwing knife seems to be Despair, also Haiku Prime were very accurate (pinpoint).

Spira, Spira Prime and Kunai have 3 spots where they can hit, not just two as i thought, you throw them basically in a triangular pattern...

I seriously considered using it, but when i saw this scatter...nope
I wanted something silent to kill, not something silent that misses 4 times and then hits everything but the spot i was aiming for (just happened, wanted to throw it at close range at a crewmans head and hit his arm instead...)
I hope this will get fixed someday

Edited by LazerusKI

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, ApexSummoner said:

im ok with the aim. not bad but not perfect. just which it had innate punch through. Just feels wrong to see them stop when i see that cool spiral animation.

The spira animation has it's rotation to the wrong side (rotating out instead of drill).

weapons cant only have good side

i love when powerfull weapons are harder to use than regular ones 

and have downside that can give sensitive to use less OP weapons but easier to use

Edited by Tsoe

51 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

weapons cant only have good side

i love when powerfull weapons are harder to use than regular ones 

and have downside that can give sensitive to use less OP weapons but easier to use

problem is, that the weapon has a 100 accuracy, so it should be pretty accurate...in reality its worse than a shotgun.
so its not a "disadvantage", its an animation issue

11 hours ago, LazerusKI said:

problem is, that the weapon has a 100 accuracy, so it should be pretty accurate...in reality its worse than a shotgun.
so its not a "disadvantage", its an animation issue

i see too bad so .. i dont own it didnt saw the accuracy

its either UI bug or weapon bug so

cause i can see them using stuff like that giving a reason to use targeting subsystem

Edited by Tsoe

1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

i see too bad so .. i dont own it didnt saw the accuracy

its either UI bug or weapon bug so

cause i can see them using stuff like that giving a reason to use targeting subsystem

Animation "Bug"

If you carry a datamass so that you only have one free hand, and you throw them, they have exactle the pinpoint accuracy that they should have.
only when you are throwing them with both hands you have this accuracy issue

1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

my bad

should as well get the weapon before trying to talk about it XD

you dont even need it.
Regular Spire and Kunai (so i guess Kunai MK1 too) also have this weird animation.
Despair for some reason is accurate, also Hikou are pinpoint

EDIT:
Posting this video as a seperate bug report with proof that its an animation issue

Edited by LazerusKI

I wonder why even the kunais have this. I don't remember them having such inaccuracy before the Spira was introduced...

Also (would have to test this out myself TBH... but) judging by the vid Lazarus posted they aren't random. Kunai and Spira Prime always shot in this pattern in the video:

near center, low left, near center, low mid, repeat.

3 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

I wonder why even the kunais have this. I don't remember them having such inaccuracy before the Spira was introduced...

Also (would have to test this out myself TBH... but) judging by the vid Lazarus posted they aren't random. Kunai and Spira Prime always shot in this pattern in the video:

near center, low left, near center, low mid, repeat.

the pattern is random, sometimes i only got two out of three possible locations, but the spots are always the same, so they are not random

Edited by LazerusKI

+1

Hope the devs notice this. Spira Prime quickly turned out to be one of my favorite secondaries. Fixing the accuracy will only make it more so.

Unfortunately I don't have high hopes since they didn't even bother fixing the Despair bug where the pouches seem to fit incorrectly in the legs and that bug has been in the game for so long.

Edited by (PS4)Mattz0621

On 25.2.2016 at 9:09 PM, LazerusKI said:

you dont even need it.
Regular Spire and Kunai (so i guess Kunai MK1 too) also have this weird animation.
Despair for some reason is accurate, also Hikou are pinpoint

EDIT:
Posting this video as a seperate bug report with proof that its an animation issue

How did you do that last clip? it looked like they were perfectly accurate there.

39 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

How did you do that last clip? it looked like they were perfectly accurate there.

On 25.2.2016 at 9:05 PM, LazerusKI said:

If you carry a datamass so that you only have one free hand, and you throw them, they have exactle the pinpoint accuracy that they should have.
only when you are throwing them with both hands you have this accuracy issue

^

Thats exactly what it is, you can see the datamass at the very end when i stop aiming with them (after the two kills).
100 accuracy as long as you throw them with just one hand, scattering when using both. thats why i think that it is an animation bug, because all the throwing knives have 100 accuracy, but only Hikou and Despair are actually 100% accurate when using both hands. The others need the "Datamass" to be that accurate

Edited by LazerusKI