Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sands of Inaros = Prince of Persia?

-GaMeR-

2 minutes ago, (XB1)IxSPINxATx33rpm said:

Maybe a dev is a fan of PoP or something. I really don't see any connection though. Persia, time and sand aren't copyrighted.

Maybe there is someone, we wouldn't know. I think you haven't played the games. I'm pretty sure anyone who has played the original trilogy could spot the similarity from a mile away.Even if he didn't play warframe, the update name and that moon mechanics would give it away. Of course those words aren't copyrighted, this is just a simple discussion.

oh my various gods, they mentioned some correlation between sand and time!? they're totally ripping off a game that has had one good entry in the last 3 console generations, that got killed deader than dead by it's terribad reboot.

or they used a connotation that is millenia older than any video game series.

well, first of all, they never sad Inaros has time power, sounds more like a summoner. Second of all, the connection between sand and time is not an invention of Prince of Persia. I mean hourglass existed long before that game. So yeah, I don't really see why this is a rip off

4 hours ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

Sand of time was because people used to use sand clock.

Anyway this could be DE paying homage to an awesome series.

Shame it's dead. Then again, wouldn't want to know what current day Ubi would do with it.

13 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

He will have no time changing powers, he will be a summoner and primarily a life leacher in terms of skills as he has zero shields and just a ton of HP

I know, neither did I say so. I know he will be leech-high hp-type of warframe I watched the devstream.

12 hours ago, -GaMeR- said:

I love both games, but still this seems like a tiny bit of "idea" ripoff to me.

With that you just instantly triggered the community. They read this and bash you for that, better becareful next time.

19 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

He will have no time changing powers, he will be a summoner and primarily a life leecher in terms of skills as he has zero shields and just a ton of HP

Seems like the frame of choice of every leecher, huh? ;)

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

With that you just instantly triggered the community. They read this and bash you for that, better becareful next time.

Seems like the frame of choice of every leecher, huh? ;)

Well I suppose we'll have to look for dozens of them at Draco =p

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Seems like it. Would've been much better if I didn't say "ripoff" I assume. Too harsh word, although the similarity still stays the same. For me at least. 

The moon mechanics are far more similar to Soul Reaver series which was published four years before Sands of Time. If memory servers, devs literally said "It's like Soul Reaver" in the Devstream. On top of that, the frame has life-leaching powers and is undead. Raziel anyone? Even looks a bit like him. Solid effort OP, but inspiration is not a rip-off, and you're way off mark anyway. 

2 minutes ago, tisdfogg said:

The moon mechanics are far more similar to Soul Reaver series which was published four years before Sands of Time. If memory servers, devs literally said "It's like Soul Reaver" in the Devstream. On top of that, the frame has life-leaching powers and is undead. Raziel anyone? Even looks a bit like him. Solid effort OP, but inspiration is not a rip-off, and you're way off mark anyway. 

I don't know about soul reaver. But they certainly remind me of prince of persia puzzle mechanic. I get that the word "ripoff" was too harsh, and triggered some nerves. As you said, it would be more like an inspiration. Way off the mark? Sadly but no.

Just now, -GaMeR- said:

I don't know about soul reaver. But they certainly remind me of prince of persia puzzle mechanic. I get that the word "ripoff" was too harsh, and triggered some nerves. As you said, it would be more like an inspiration. Way off the mark? Sadly but no.

Oh I'm not triggered, just clearing something up, sorry if I came off harsh myself. It's just that it resembles Soul Reaver (also an action platformer) a lot more, since the PoP mechanic was probably also inspired by Raziel switching between alternate realities, as well as time traveling. I can tell you don't know about it, because you'd see what I mean instantly. It was an excellent series, google it up if you feel like it. 

And I just checked it, they do mention Soul Reaver as an inspiration around 23:18 in Dev#69.

13 hours ago, -GaMeR- said:

Maybe there is someone, we wouldn't know. I think you haven't played the games. I'm pretty sure anyone who has played the original trilogy could spot the similarity from a mile away.Even if he didn't play warframe, the update name and that moon mechanics would give it away. Of course those words aren't copyrighted, this is just a simple discussion.

I played the original trilogy. I don't see the similarities because though they may be in the same update... they aren't really connected in any way besides being in the same game. Prince of Persia is about time manipulation. You can speed yourself up, slow down enemies, stop and reverse time. In Spy vaults you can switch between 2 timeline.

wow. many similarity. much connection. wow.

2 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

I played the original trilogy. I don't see the similarities because though they may be in the same update... they aren't really connected in any way besides being in the same game. Prince of Persia is about time manipulation. You can speed yourself up, slow down enemies, stop and reverse time. In Spy vaults you can switch between 2 timeline.

wow. many similarity. much connection. wow.

Hmm prince of persia warrior within? Island of time? Going through portals between the present and the past in order to proceed further? Or to solve a puzzle? Doesn't that ring a bell, or?

2 minutes ago, -GaMeR- said:

Hmm prince of persia warrior within? Island of time? Going through portals between the present and the past in order to proceed further? Or to solve a puzzle? Doesn't that ring a bell, or?

It does, but again the fact that the mission itself and the frame aren't really related, besides being in the same game makes it quite a stretch. Inaros' sand has nothing to do with time, and his quest takes place on Phobos while the time warping spy is only on Earth's moon and just happens to be in the same update.