Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... The Conclave Syandana...

Just now, Noabettiet said:

Personally i hate cosmetic items that change depending a certain "stat" or aspect of the game. 

It goes against the whole point of it being a cosmetic.

It is still cosmetic because it doesn't confer you any statistical advantage or benefit compared to others.

This should be the way cosmetics should be implemented. To give you a visual progression of your achievements. 

Just now, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

It is still cosmetic because it doesn't confer you any statistical advantage or benefit compared to others.

This should be the way cosmetics should be implemented. To give you a visual progression of your achievements. 

What. Do you even know what the word cosmetic implies?

They are meant to be small trinkets that enchant your appearance and individuality. They aren't your goddamn grocery lists! 

4 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

What. Do you even know what the word cosmetic implies?

They are meant to be small trinkets that enchant your appearance and individuality. They aren't your goddamn grocery lists! 

:facepalm:

So it's a flashy grocery list.

Does it give you power?

Does it boost your speed?

Does it give you any statistical advantage over others? 

It doesn't.  So it's cosmetic.

Just like the tactical alert badges.

And your mastery rank sigils.

Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Took the words out of my mouth. 

5 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

So it's a flashy grocery list.

Does it give you power?

Does it boost your speed?

Does it give you any statistical advantage over others? 

It doesn't.  So it's cosmetic.

Just like the tactical alert badges.

And your mastery rank sigils.

Jesus. 

Except those beams will work depending on your daily conclave activities. And by chance if you actuality like the omni-cool beams, you'd have to avoid conclave (or not, depending on how they will work).

Just go research what the word cosmetic means please.

Forget it, i am linking you ithttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmetics
It not giving power/ extra stats or whatsoever is NOT what defines something as a cosmetic. It is just that it becomes counterintuitive if the same cosmetic offers stats. Because then, your choice will be biased towards those stats and you won't be using it because it makes you look "cool".

Edited by Noabettiet

Just now, Noabettiet said:

Here.

"involving or relating to treatment intended to restore or improve a person's appearance."

Thanks google.

We already have syndicate syandanas that act in a similar way, so why not this one?

Personally I hate conclave, and I really wish they wouldn't make cosmetic items that can only be obtained by playing it, I don't want to deal with PVP to get that neato lex and strun skin, I just won't do it.

Edited by Demoonic

Just now, Demoonic said:

Personally I hate conclave, and I really wish they wouldn't make cosmetic items that can only be obtained by playing it, I don't want to deal with PVP to get that neato lex and strun skin, I just won't do it.

If it helps, you sorta win standing regardless if you lose. And you kinda can invite friends to help you, so it isn't so bad.

Though i sorta agree with that..

Just now, Spot. said:

Here.

"involving or relating to treatment intended to restore or improve a person's appearance."

Thanks google.

We already have syndicate syandanas that act in a similar way, so why not this one?

Well to be blunt, my whole argument was against all of those that work like that and like i said, it is just my opinion. If you guys actuality are alright with it, i am fine then.

10 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

Took the words out of my mouth. 

Except those beams will work depending on your daily conclave activities. And by chance if you actuality like the omni-cool beams, you'd have to avoid conclave (or not, depending on how they will work).

Forget it, i am linking you ithttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmetics
It not giving power/ extra stats or whatsoever is NOT what defines something as a cosmetic. It is just that it becomes counterintuitive if the same cosmetic offers stats. Because then, your choice will be biased towards those stats and you won't be using it because it makes you look "cool".

Firstly: based on what you linked.  The conclave syandana fit every part of that definition.

It is a cosmetic.  You need to work to pay for your lipstick.

Secondly: the definition of cosmetic in F2P  games = cosmetic items that do not confer satistical bonuses to players.

Do your reading and research and don't embarrass youself further please. :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Aerostrike 04 said:

My Jade Excal is going to be very pleased to get this syandana ;D

Why... my obsidian excal felt the same way...

And for those who debating about this cosmetic, chillax...its not even out yet, hold all your judging until you get your hands on it.

11 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

I hope the beams are permenant once you get them though.

I highly doubt they will. I bet the syandana resets when the challenges it tracks resets, losing a charge a day doesn't really make sense, and them being permanent seems too simple.

yah im thinking those flames will only remain active if the player also remain active playing conclave..

i dont really wanna be force to play PVP just to get a syanda..

but im not againts it.. if by all means its a simple incentive to attract new PVP and old players..so be it..

Warning about the conclave sydana, you must complete all conclave mission tasks DAILY to keep the 6 extra flame jets going. Without the daily achievements in conclave, it's just another Asa sydana with new loka design.