The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Bursas and Juggernauts are harder than all bosses

linkino

They are both terrible in sortie exterminates. As they cause endless spawning. In low level missions, juggy is easier to handle than bursas. As at least you can kill him with high slash damage, but bursas with their dang CC and high health and speed... Yeah, those are a nightmare. I actually avoid corpus as much as I can now.

6 minutes ago, linkino said:

I CAn simply solo kill any boss in every planet but those units make my day worst they kill me in one shot and make me fail missions, is that normal?! you need nerf their damages and keep their armors

The game shouldn't be trivial, you know.
I personally enjoy an occasional pack of bursas, level 85-100 juggernauts or sniper only corpus missions

Wait, is there really a problem with Juggernaut? It spawns only once, is generally doable with a group or immortal frame, is often possible to avoid him wait him off. Juggernout is fun and fits the demand for "mission minibosses".

Bursas causa bug of unlimited spawn in extermination missions.

yes, they're hard, but that's the point. it's all well and good facerolling mobs as a badass Space Ninja, but in order to keep things entertaining, we need an ACTUAL threat every now and again, otherwise it gets boring. virtual killing is something to be savoured and enjoyed, and you get that feeling of satisfaction when you slay the biggest dudes who think they're all that, only for you to wreck them.

Tenno didn't become the most skilled Warriors in the System by killing Lv1 Lancers, you know.

14 minutes ago, Teloch said:

I personally enjoy an occasional pack of bursas, level 85-100 juggernauts or sniper only corpus missions

There's a fine line between trivial and borderline asinine. With their current stat setup, high level bursas are not fun, they are not intuitive, they are not healthy to the game. They are fast moving, high cc, and tanky with decent damage. Likewise, high level Juggs would be fine if they didn't cause endless spawning nearby. Things like these don't make the game less trivial, they make it worse for the wear.

There is not issue with them unless in sortie due to there level highter level

Juggernauts is just a tons of HP that all just jump and move to avoid his attack , you can damage him even if you don't hit his weak point

Bursa , if you're talking about today sortie I do understand what you mean , one bursa is easy to handle but when you get multiple it's getting harder...

Btw they are not hard to kill , just take longer to kill

28 minutes ago, felixsylvaris said:

Wait, is there really a problem with Juggernaut? It spawns only once, is generally doable with a group or immortal frame, is often possible to avoid him wait him off. Juggernout is fun and fits the demand for "mission minibosses".

Bursas causa bug of unlimited spawn in extermination missions.

My only complaint with the Juggernaut is I think the window to damage them after they attack should be widened a tiny bit. It's very easy to miss your opportunity to attack them.

only time i ever have an issue with them is when they are level 90+ and when you are dealing with a bursa and an unsuspecting sapping osprey makes it through your max range avalanche and takes a dump on your chest.

Edited by OvAeons

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

how about a constant pack of them? like when one goes down another of the same type comes, fun isn`t it?

Juggies are BS on sorties but avoidable so leave them as they are

Sniper only VS 5 nullis and 3 techs inside his bubble, so much fun........

the only problem i've had with bursas has been when, in an interception mission, 1 got stuck under some stairs with a rad proc/mind spike (not really sure), and then another bursa stood directly above it on top of the stairs and they tried to fight each other. the endless amount of showaves made it literally impossible to do anything to any of them. and to make matters worse, they were both in range of a capture point.

as for juggies. i generally get killed in one shot before i even know where the thing is. 

The only problem with juggernauts I have is the fact that they don't expose their weak spot too often. And their shotgun might be a little overtuned at higher levels, but that's fairly easy to dodge.

Bursas spawn too often and spam their abilities too much. 

Edited by Genitive

My main complaint about bursas is how common they are. They take about as much attention as a field boss, but they're in almost every Corpus mission nowadays. It makes them feel less like a special occasion and more like a chore, especially to a bad player like me who prefers to run solo.

I think the mob itself isn't the problem, rather the spawn frequency.

If anything, Bursas should be limited to one per mission at any given time. It's like a tile mini-boss. The part where it spawns additional troops constantly need to be fixed to the moment of spawn. So when a Bursa does spawn on a map-tile along with 10 other units then that will be it. When the squad moves to the next tile, the spawn count resets and follows the map alarm rules to determine if a new Bursa should be spawned.

On this note, the alarms are also wonky on sabotage + exterminate missions. I have come across alarms not being "disarmed" even after hacking. You can still hear the sirens, mobs still spawned in alerted state, and beeline to your squad. The only way to fix this, is to force a lockdown and hack consoles twice. Now if you're on a map that could be hull-breached by breaking reinforced glass (lol srsly) then great, if not, you're SOL.

I noticed that this usually happens in two scenario.

First, before a Bursa spawn, when two persons go for the hacking console at the same time. Both may complete nearly at the same time and the hacking console stays green (lockdown) with yellow glow but does not allow hacking.

Second, is when the Bursa does spawn and the alarms were hacked shortly after. After hacking, the console is in it's un-alarmed state but sirens still blare, additional mobs that spawn are all in alert state. And, the consoles cannot be hacked anymore.

Edited by Currilicious
Typo + clarity