The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK

asinus_ad_lyram

So, since Inaros doesn't have shields and he is based around lifesteal, when is the cyborg with no (or 2) health and 4k shields coming? What is everyone's thoughts on a frame that has a mechanic of using abilities to recharge shields or even consume shields to use abilities?

Also, I think it'd be interesting if this frame had a mechanic where it could switch robotic attachments which changes its abilities. Thoughts?

Edited by byebyepuppy

2 hours ago, byebyepuppy said:

Hmm yeah. passive to ignore toxin and slash procs?

was just thinking this actually.... but then there's also getting hit with magnetic damage.  you'd literally have to be immune to just about all elemental types, which wouldn't be efficient

8 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

was just thinking this actually.... but then there's also getting hit with magnetic damage.  you'd literally have to be immune to just about all elemental types, which wouldn't be efficient

Would make sorties with a radiation hazard and a mag on the team hilarious.

Wouldn't work out. Health has armor backing it. Shields do not. Health can be replaced quicky and easily with orbs or a slew of mods/abilities. Shields, not so much. Toxin bypasses shields entirely. Slash and toxin status proc ticks also directly hit your health. Said frame would need closer to 40k shields and their life being entirely dependent on them- having no health bar rather than a tiny one- with boosted shield regen for any chance whatsoever to work.

Hm, a frame like this would be practically useless against certain factions (Infested, Grineer, etc) without having Quick Thinking which is a fairly hard to come by mod. While I like the idea, I feel like a lot of newer players or players who have yet to get the mod (and even some who have it) would object to the fact that QT would be practically a necessity for any build. Maybe its passive ability would be a drastic reduction or resistance to slash and toxin procs?

On the other hand, for those who do like using QT and Flow/Primed Flow in their builds, a frame like this would be quite interesting. As long as it had some method of replenishing its small pool of health or replenishing its energy reserves it could be fairly self sufficient. I feel like it would have to have some abilities to differentiate itself from Trinity though, maybe it could even be the male counterpart to Trinity.

The concept intrigues me, at the very least.

A rather interesting concept, since this Warframe heavily reminds me of the Archons in Starcraft I think that his passive ability should reflect the overwhelming powers that he holds. First of all, any energy consumed by fellow allies is converted to his shields (cast only abilities transfer 100% of their costs and channeling abilities 95% on cast and 125% on every energy tick) the abilities from Rebootseks (that's the way I'll call this frame to make the reading easier) would transfer 150% of their costs (so way more than his allies costs). The second part of it's passive would be preventing damages that would hit both it's shields and health (think of the Health/Armor system in Payday 2) to hit both of them (if he has 150 shields and let's say 50 health points and take 300 damage points from a Ballista shot he would lose all of his shields but no health point),  as well as preventing Toxin and Slash damages from hitting him (for obvious reasons).

Of course that needs more balancing and a more precise idea of it's kit but the whole idea is something that I'm looking forward to. 

Saw title. Expected a post 2nd-dream off-topic, and the post to be 'I recharge all night and slaughter all day'.

Am disappoint. :P

-----

50 minutes ago, EranTerran said:

aren't cyborgs not supposed to bleed and take toxin damage?

Hotfix 18.5.5:

• Adjusted Robotic and Machinery resistances:
    • -25% Toxin -> -100% Toxin
    • -25% Slash -> -100% Slash

This change does not affect Sentinels or Specters.

Edited by Chroia

3 minutes ago, AoiiToori said:

Way too much exclusive effects for a single frame, ya no ty

Well, i´m not even sure if we play the same game. Warframes in themselves are all about exclusive effects, first. Second, none of the things except armor shield factoring would even be something new. Adding new effects to passives in itself, is not something new.

Making a frame working around a exclusivity IS the game. Thus a frame resolving only around shields and making his kit fit to this theme is only the logical conclusion.

Also i´m not making this frame, deciding on his design, nor do i say i´m a designer nor do i say i´ve found the philosopher´s stone. You are allowed to share your own solutions to the theme of the frame - no one will stop you from doing it. I´m just sick of negative people here.

I find it disturbing that people can only say things they don´t like and that don´t work instead of using their energy for either not even replaying to a thread with negativity or , mind blowing, with something constructive.

2 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

Well, i´m not even sure if we play the same game. Warframes in themselves are all about exclusive effects, first. Second, none of the things except armor shield factoring would even be something new. Adding new effects to passives in itself, is not something new.

Making a frame working around a exclusivity IS the game. Thus a frame resolving only around shields and making his kit fit to this theme is only the logical conclusion.

Also i´m not making this frame, deciding on his design, nor do i say i´m a designer nor do i say i´ve found the philosopher´s stone. You are allowed to share your own solutions to the theme of the frame - no one will stop you from doing it. I´m just sick of negative people here.

I find it disturbing that people can only say things they don´t like and that don´t work instead of using their energy for either not even replaying to a thread with negativity or , mind blowing, with something constructive.

So disagreement that a frame shouldn't overtake other frames  in terms of ability means being negative? What kind of fantasy world do you envision over there? The fact that half of the existing frames wouldn't even have those amount of effects in terms of passives and you want me to perceive the idea of a frame being made with 5+ super-passives? Inconceivable.

1 minute ago, AoiiToori said:

So disagreement that a frame shouldn't overtake other frames  in terms of ability means being negative? What kind of fantasy world do you envision over there? The fact that half of the existing frames wouldn't even have those amount of effects in terms of passives and you want me to perceive the idea of a frame being made with 5+ super-passives? Inconceivable.

You didn´t understand what i´ve said to you, don´t you. Maybe it´s my failure. Those things i wrote down as solutions are not written in stone nor do i say they´re the kings road.

I just wanted to make some examples of solutions not, like you, say nothing constructive.