Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoClockNews(.com)

TGDM

Now featured as an Official Warframe Fan Site!

LD7bwWU.png

**********************************************************************************************

Last night I pushed Tenno Clock News live. Originally I was hoping to wait to launch it with an editorial piece about account security as a follow up to the 2035 Ban Situation Thread on Reddit which was stickied on the sub for a while. I still can't give any official updates on that (for now), though.

Anyways, if you want to know more about the site and what to expect from the posts, check out the Welcome to TCN message I wrote up:

ContinueReading-N-Welcome.jpg

Primarily the site will function as a blog to give much more depth to some of the topics I make more serious posts about on the Warframe subreddit, but it will also serve as the home for some of the tools I've been maintaining on the subreddit such as the Warframe Release and Prime Log, Resource Cost Log, EHP Calculator, and maybe possibly the Stalker Drop Log once I find a better way to integrate the spreadsheet.

Oh, and there's a satire section dubbed "The Forma" along the same vein as The Onion and ESEX. I plan to push that hard because they're just fun to write. There's not really a schedule set in place right now but I'm aiming for at least one per week and have a backlog of 6 posts complete with their silly shoops and another 50+ topics ready to expand on.

I have a few more planned features, such as fleshing out the In Development page to include every source I can find for various topics. Also, I will eventually be adding a mega-post for each major update (#.# as opposed to #.#.#) which will also include all the hotfixes. The wiki does a good job of this already, too, so it's a bit redundant but just a thing I want to do. I might go a step further and create specific changelogs that track individual topics (i.e. all changes to Excalibur or all changes to Conclave).

I've got a few pipe dreams, too. I'll be reaching out to Deathmax and the creators of Warframe.Market to possibly add a "lite" version of their sites as live-updating links that just show a tiny bit. For example, the Warframe.Market link would show the 3 most recent buy/sell orders in a super simplified format of quantity, item, item value, plat. The Deathsnacks link would probably just show the most recent alert notification and Baro's location and/or inventory (if he's around). I have no idea how to make these kinds of things, but I'm slowly learning in my free time.

I also want to put together a LFG tool but it's beyond my skills and price range at this point. I can't give an ETA on that but if anyone's interested on doing the coding I can do all the visual stuff or busywork like populating lists :V

This thread will serve as a megathread for the site on these forums. I also have a post up on the subreddit and am much more active there.

tl;dr: another warframe fansite

Edited by TGDM

The Forma update: "Digital Extremes Shares Their Lay Out of Plans For Warframe in 2016"

ContinueReading-TF.jpg

Following the recent acquisition by Leyou Technology Holdings Limited in the final fiscal quarter of 2015, Digital Extremes has finally laid out their upcoming plans for the fast-paced space ninja game Warframe.

Check the site for the rest of the (satirical) story!

Edited by TGDM

General News update: "Update: The 2035 Ban Situation"

ContinueReading-N-Welcome.jpg

Warframe’s DE_Adam has posted a PSA regarding account security on the official forums: “PSA: AutoBan FAQ and You

This PSA covers the basics of what could potentially cause a false flag of an automatic ban as well as providing an update regarding two-factor authentication. Over a month ago, I posted a thread onto Reddit hoping to collect more information from players about their experiences with the autoban system...

Read the post for more details on my update with looking into the 2035 bans.

The Forma update: "Loading Times Between Missions Have Been Increased"

ContinueReading-TF-LT.jpg

After the most recent update, many players were reporting that they had been experiencing longer loading screens between missions. The official forums, a hub of thoughtful and insightful discussion, was overrun by entitled players both boasting of their expensive hardware and rioting over the increased loading times.

News update: "DevPost Roundup: March 19, 2016"

ContinueReading-N-DPR.jpg

A weekly round-up of the more noteworthy DevPosts on the Official Forums. This week’s roundup features the recap of Prime Time #110, talking about the recent DDoS attacks, a PSA on Account Security, Tonkor and radial damage, and the recent Dark Sector news from the Devstream.

Check the site for last week's recap!

Missed this week's Devstream? Check the TCN Recap which includes timestamps and screencaps of all the newsworthy bits!

The Forma update: "Infested Tumor Mystery Revealed"

ContinueReading-TF-ITMR.jpg

Tenno across the system have been trying to solve the mystery behind Door #1 on the Orbiter. In Update 18.5, Tenno have reported hearing noises originating behind the doorway on the Orbiter. In Update 18.6, Infested growths and tumors appeared in proximity of the doorway. Thanks to the efforts of our investigative team, we now know exactly what awaits us behind the locked door.

On 18/03/2016 at 5:27 PM, TGDM said:

The Forma update: "Loading Times Between Missions Have Been Increased"

ContinueReading-TF-LT.jpg

God damn it...

I'd gone onto your website from your first post, browsed a bit and moved onto the Forma section. Clicked on this topic because the screens bothered me and read it all and you know what, you fooled me. At first I was like 'This can't be serious...' but then I thought 'Well, I guess it kind of makes sense, least it explains why the screens take so long, orbiter travelling to planet/node'... I slowly carried on, 'Hmm, loading screen features, gives us something to do', then I finally read the part about the boosters 'Seriously DE? That's low'. I swiftly moved on and then when I read "enter an existential crisis as you tally up all of the time you have spent sitting in front of your monitor doing nothing with your life." I laughed and realized I'd been completely fooled.

Know what the worst part was? That I thought it wasn't really surprising for DE to consider doing such a thing. Or any other F2P/MMO company for that matter. Especially the gameplay experience considering most do spend money on landing crafts and they have such a minor role in the game. Hence me being still convinced. I also feel slightly ashamed for such thoughts :clem:

Edited by Naith

47 minutes ago, Naith said:

God damn it...

I'd gone onto your website from your first post, browsed a bit and moved onto the Forma section. Clicked on this topic because the screens bothered me and read it all and you know what, you fooled me. At first I was like 'This can't be serious...' but then I thought 'Well, I guess it kind of makes sense, least it explains why the screens take so long, orbiter travelling to planet/node'... I slowly carried on, 'Hmm, loading screen features, gives us something to do', then I finally read the part about the boosters 'Seriously DE? That's low'. I swiftly moved on and then when I read "enter an existential crisis as you tally up all of the time you have spent sitting in front of your monitor doing nothing with your life." I laughed and realized I'd been completely fooled.

Know what the worst part was? That I thought it wasn't really surprising for DE to consider doing such a thing. Or any other F2P/MMO company for that matter. Especially the gameplay experience considering most do spend money on landing crafts and they have such a minor role in the game. Hence me being still convinced. I also feel slightly ashamed for such thoughts :clem:

Satire is done explicitly to elicit some kind of reaction. Generally by pushing the logical points of an ideology or perspective gradually until it breaks into absurdity. It's really, really, satisfying to hear someone share their experience of that trip. Glad you enjoyed it and I hope to maintain that kind of quality with The Forma posts.

News update: "DevPost Roundup: March 26 2016"

ContinueReading-N-DPR.jpg

A weekly round-up of the more noteworthy DevPosts on the Official Forums. This week’s roundup features the recap of Prime Time #111, upcoming changes for Mesa, forum spring cleaning, as well as some changes and bug fixes.

Check the site for last week's recap!

Want to stay up to date with all upcoming features and ongoing development? Check out TCN's In Development section to keep up with the devs!

The Forma update: "New Warframe Cosmetics and Accessories Announced"

ContinueReading-NWCAA.jpg

Digital Extremes has unveiled upcoming additions to the fan-dubbed “Fashion Frame” aspect of Warframe. Following in suite of the newer Warframe and Armor accessory designs, the new roster of accessories adds a whole new level of customization to the game as well changing the way you can acquire them.

Devstream Recap update: "Devstream #72 Recap"

ContinueReading-N-DS.jpg

Devstream #72 aired on April 1, 2016. This post will feature a recap of the Warframe Devstream with screencaps and timestamps for players to check out the specific clips themselves after the Devstream. In the mean time, check out the recorded stream at PlayWarframe on YouTube or check out the subreddit’s Devstream #72 Megathread!

Check the site for the full recap and keep track of what's currently In Development for Warframe!