The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate the Corpus.

Nyrakav

Specifically Nullifiers and Sapping Ospreys. I actively avoid higher tier Corpus missions because of these enemies. Seriously, walk into a room and oh I guess I'm missing 75% of my health/I'm dead now. These enemies don't make missions difficult, they make them annoying. This isn't fun or difficult, DE. For the love of God, please change them.

Edited by D20
Mind your language.

Nullifiers I've been accustomed too, though I wish single-shot weapons like snipers were more effective against them. Sapping Ospreys I despise, because you cannot destroy their mines until after they've detonated. They don't have enough ways to play around the damage field.

Sappers I'm with you - their audio and visual tells are simply not discernible enough in a heavily populated mission before you're already in the death bubble.

But Nullifiers - not so much - get over it already people. They're not hard to work around unless you really can't play this game without Hysteria or Invisibility up permanently. Which if that's the case - you should probably be staying out of high level missions. 

25 minutes ago, Leuca said:

Nullifiers I've been accustomed too, though I wish single-shot weapons like snipers were more effective against them. Sapping Ospreys I despise, because you cannot destroy their mines until after they've detonated. They don't have enough ways to play around the damage field.

The sapping osprey mines can be destroyed with gunfire, but not with abilities (not sure about melee). My biggest problem with those mines is that A.I. allies (mainly Kubrows and Syndicate operatives) will stand inside one like morons instead of moving literally anywhere else.

19 minutes ago, Leuca said:

Sapping Ospreys I despise, because you cannot destroy their mines until after they've detonated.

8 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

The sapping osprey mines can be destroyed with gunfire, but not with abilities (not sure about melee).

Leuca, it was like that for the longest time, that they couldn't be damaged midair. KirukaChan is correct, though - I think it was sometime within the last few months they changed it. There was a short span - don't quote me on how long - I want to say at least a few days. It was directly following the initial patch announcement, the sapping orbs were really easy to destroy.

Then I think there was a hidden update not too long after, because I thought they were reverted to being initially invincible again. So I payed closer attention. And it's seemed like no, they *can* be damaged, they just have a lot more health, and for me they're hard to hit.

40 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

But Nullifiers - not so much - get over it already people. They're not hard to work around unless you really can't play this game without Hysteria or Invisibility up permanently. Which if that's the case - you should probably be staying out of high level missions. 

If Nullifiers were an 'expensive' unit they'd be a lot more reasonable. But they're not. They're on the same tier as your average Shockwave Moa, and you cannot tell me the effective strength as a unit is anywhere close to equal for those two.

Nullifiers are literally more powerful than Comba and Scrambus units, have less counterplay, yet they're far more numerous because they're considered mid-tier units at best by the game. The only thing Comba/Scrambus have going for them is being a bit more beefy in comparison.

(Also, Nullifiers have Eximi)

Edited by EDYinnit

My long-standing tactic: sapping osprey being among top-priority targets. Depending on the situation, either those or nulls are my first priority against high-level Corpus. But looking for the sapping osprey is a visual priority over nulls. (Which obviously can be seen a mile away.) They're actually quite noticeable once you've done it for a while. Bright electric-blue glowing texture, stands out greatly from all of the other osprey. Also worth noting that my eyes are bad enough for me to need glasses that I don't have.

So for me, tight quarters, no nulls: target the osprey - either via AoE or high damage and punchthrough, pretend any crewmen in the way aren't there. Kill them before they get close, avoid the orbs.
Wide open area, target the nulls - sappers can't get near you, nulls will house a cake of crewmen you can't damage that hit you from range. I'll often just bulletjump right above the null and smash into the cluster in that scenario. Even late-game. Quick thinking, flow, melee with decent knockdown radius/smash damage, and even a plushy frame can pull it off if you plan ahead. (Both actually in-game, before charging into the null field, and in your ship gearing up).
Tight quarters, nulls and sappers? Well, I  probably don't need to tell you that I get the hell out and find a more opportune battle ground.

Oh, also. Somewhat off-topic, but I think little known: null fields don't take entire magazines from a lot of weapons to burst. Especially burst weapons. You can often fire a few bursts, then stop and watch. The field will keep shrinking after you stop firing,  possibly pop entirely.

2 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

If Nullifiers were an 'expensive' unit they'd be a lot more reasonable. But they're not. They're on the same tier as your average Shockwave Moa, and you cannot tell me the effective strength as a unit is anywhere close to equal for those two.

I hear all the things you say as valid to a degree but then consider the fact that I don't ever hesitate to slaughter them as soon as I see or hear that bubble ... They really don't live long enough for me to pretend that they're some kind of issue. While random squad member Valks, Rhinos or Lokis dither around shooting the bubble - I've already gone in, killed the bugger and gotten the hell out of dodge. 

As already stated - unless you are completely dependent on having a certain ability permanently activated - they are a non-issue. 

These are show stoppers demanding you drop your current target and get them first. If they are rare units then it would've been fine but they aren't.

I would like to see punch-through actually punch-through the bubble. Or only have snipers and bows able to do that.

Sapper mines has too big a radius and lasts too long with low cooldown. I know the mines can be destroyed, however targeting said mines means you aren't killing them and they can always deploy more. Lets not even get into mines killing you through obstructions.

54 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

Sappers I'm with you - their audio and visual tells are simply not discernible enough in a heavily populated mission before you're already in the death bubble.

I don't even use Valkyr or Loki at all, my main problem with them is that you're restricted to Bullet hoses, if you don't use them you have to A.) Ignore them and hope they go away (GL with that.) or B.) take the penalty in the bubble.

7 minutes ago, Nyrakav said:

I don't even use Valkyr or Loki at all, my main problem with them is that you're restricted to Bullet hoses, if you don't use them you have to A.) Ignore them and hope they go away (GL with that.) or B.) take the penalty in the bubble.

I disagree(d): make the sappers top priority targets. Again, at or above the levels of nullifiers, of course situationally-dependent. You kill them before they become a threat. Priority targets give you something to do OTHER than mindlessly bullet-hose: at least a small bit of a challenge - "fun", as far as I'm concerned.

Sapping Ospreys would not be much of a problem if not for the fact their Sapping thingthings hitbox is atrociously tiny and it is really hard to disable them.

Not to mention they spam them as hard as an Exalted Blade spammer so the floor is covered in death traps in literally seconds.

I think a nice change would be allowing Players to "Stomp" the nodes while they are on the floor, like when a Player walks by a node, they crush it beneath their feet. 
(Obviously a better idea would be to jump over and land on a node because running to it would murder the player on higher levels)

19 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

I hear all the things you say as valid to a degree but then consider the fact that I don't ever hesitate to slaughter them as soon as I see or hear that bubble ... They really don't live long enough for me to pretend that they're some kind of issue. While random squad member Valks, Rhinos or Lokis dither around shooting the bubble - I've already gone in, killed the bugger and gotten the hell out of dodge. 

As already stated - unless you are completely dependent on having a certain ability permanently activated - they are a non-issue. 

I don't play Valkyr, haven't dusted Rhino off for some time and only bring out Loki for the odd occasion, but in all fairness, there are lots of frames that don't have the innate beefiness to handle taking a hit, or just find an incredible inconvenience in being cleansed. Chroma buffs, toggle-drain recasting, losing your defensive tools as a caster frame unless you wear the bubble down at a distance...

Yes, it's only an inconvenience and not a complete deal-breaker, but it's not a good one. There's no skill-based mitigator in it. You go in and lose what you spent energy on, or you dunce around trying to wear the bubble down and take the unit out while trying not to get shafted by all the Techs, Sappers and Snipers.. including the Nulli itself in that last category. It's not engaging.

Compare to Comba/Scrambus, where you can outrange their disablement and shoot their helmets off - a skilful element to fighting them, but not without risk thanks to their typical homing, high-damage weapons (Lecta wielders notwithstanding).

Usually the Nullifiers are easy to kill, but sometimes they just come packed in with so many friends that it's hard to get a clean shot in - especially if you use a projectile weapon, since being too close to things tends to make their logic do a complete fart and just send them wherever as long as it isn't where you're pointing. And then there's the times when they stack with each other, making you have to

If they were 750-affinity, 'high tier' units, there'd be less of a problem with them stacking on each other like some hellish Venn Diagram. Also, no eximi.

1 hour ago, Leuca said:

u can shoot the ball in middle of the field to deactivate them

Corpus will need a rework at some point. Right now they are reskins of a few units with cheap tactics. I'm sick of crewmen too. What Corpus needs is more robots. We need enemies that do more than nullifying. Hyenas should be a thing in normal missions, we need a bigger variety of proxies than moas and ospreys. And much, much fewer crewmen.

If you look at the Grineer, they have units with machine guns, flamethrowers, jetpacks, boomerangs, hammers, fire axes and powerfists. Two units summon pets and you have three types of heavies. Corpus, despite having some variety, just doesn't feel as good. It feels boring and repetetive. They got bursas now, yay, but that's not enough.

5 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Corpus will need a rework at some point. Right now they are reskins of a few units with cheap tactics. I'm sick of crewmen too. What Corpus needs is more robots. We need enemies that do more than nullifying. Hyenas should be a thing in normal missions, we need a bigger variety of proxies than moas and ospreys. And much, much fewer crewmen.

If you look at the Grineer, they have units with machine guns, flamethrowers, jetpacks, boomerangs, hammers, fire axes and powerfists. Two units summon pets and you have three types of heavies. Corpus, despite having some variety, just doesn't feel as good. It feels boring and repetetive. They got bursas now, yay, but that's not enough.

how about mini versions of different elemental resistant razorbacks which u can only destroy by hacking bursas to make them attacking it? :D

if that's not too far gone how about a combination of railgun moa, denial bursa and sapping osprey that can only defeated by proccing radiation on it and let other proxies kill it? :'D

Keep in mind that you're not supposed to go blindly into rooms, that itself removes all problems mentioned.

You're supposed to adapt, if you bring one of the weapons are a bullet dispenser (to pop bubbles fast) or even a weapon with big AoE, concealed explosives or an explosive weapon can kill nulls without even popping the bubble, same with Gas procs. That's why you can bring 3 different types of weapons with you.

Even Valkyr immortality dependent players can figure it out, pop the Sapping mines with ground slam or even regular attacks if you have enough reach, and you can also pop nulls bubbles without entering it.

Ninjas aren't only fast and agile, they're smart, intelligent and know how and when to move. Going in rooms full of enemies thinking of rushing, that's more like a Juggernaut type of thing, but you can't just crush walls in your way like so.

4 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

how about mini versions of different elemental resistant razorbacks which u can only destroy by hacking bursas to make them attacking it? :D

if that's not too far gone how about a combination of railgun moa, denial bursa and sapping osprey that can only defeated by proccing radiation on it and let other proxies kill it? :'D

I like that idea, but in a way, it should be kept as a mini-boss, like Juggernaut of Infested. Needing to trigger some sort of situation and only 1 per run.

Edited by Manyc

8 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

Uhhh... Let's not push it.

1 minute ago, Prinny13 said:

Wish punch-through works on Nully guys T_T

Explosion damage does bypass their bubbles. Explosion on hit (mod for bows/throwing secs) or like Ogris can be used to kill without popping bubbles.