The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Chroma Prime And Valkyr Prime Ever Came Out!

Chroma Prime In PvE

People would drop out school and quick their jobs then bankrupt themselves.

Why?

Because people will spend nonstop hours just to get a chroma prime piece and betting if you need the resources and components to build a regular Chroma. You'll need a saryn prime system,Volt prime helmet, Ember prime chassis, and frost prime helmet. 

That will lead people to buy these parts at outrageous prices, because we all know damn well that if we get our hands on a chroma prime piece, will either sell it at a outrageous prime or try to buy components for it. 

And the person your selling it to will buy a ridiculous amount of plat to buy a part off you. That will put more money in DE pockets.

People will probably go bankrupt if you their hardcore players. 

Valkyr Prime in Pvp or Dojo Pvp

do i even have to explain how op Valkyr prime would be in dojo pvp or pvp. She would have incredible armor and one one hell of a op hysteria. Then after seeing Valkyr in action, people will farm or buy balky parts.

Which will lead to the same thing as chroma prime. 

So people who are hoping for Chroma Prime Or Valkyr Prime your definitely out of luck.

1st Just because Chroma is built like that doesn't mean the Prime would. Besides, regular parts would still be a viable solution since it's only meant to represent elements.

2nd Who said that Valkyr Prime would have to have an upgrade on armor? Many frames take upgrades in other areas.

3rd The thing about farming, hoarding, trading scene... It happens to ALL frames.

Resuming: Overreacting.

Valkyrie Prime would not work,cause its Alad V experiment just by lore. Chroma is just a copy from Cephalon scan,by lore even one of first models what later was in past stopped to produce and was a mass model for soldiers.Where actual person was inside,thats why even in codex Chroma appears as infested.Person inside got consumed by infested.

Edited by Asherus

3 minutes ago, Asherus said:

Valkyrie Prime would not work,cause its Alad V experiment just by lore. Chroma is just a copy from Cephalon scan,by lore even one of first models what later was in past stopped to produce and was a mass model for soldiers.

dude. you are pretty dense. Valkyr existed before alad got a hold of her. that's what the gersemi skin is. her before the experimentation. She was just opened up and had her armor removed and placed on zanuka. With that said, valkyr prime might have alot more armor than vanilla valkyr given the current valkyr was stripped on armor....

Our chroma was made based off a roaming chroma. all frames in this time period are based off the primed versions which were lost during fall of the orokin era. we just need to find the parts ;p

4 minutes ago, Asherus said:

Valkyrie Prime would not work,cause its Alad V experiment just by lore.

No, it isn't. By lore, Alad found a Valkyr and experimented on her, hence her appearance.

Every warframe might get primed eventually.

6 minutes ago, Asherus said:

Valkyrie Prime would not work,cause its Alad V experiment just by lore. Chroma is just a copy from Cephalon scan,by lore even one of first models what later was in past stopped to produce and was a mass model for soldiers.Where actual person was inside,thats why even in codex Chroma appears as infested.Person inside got consumed by infested.

Sigh... so much to say here.

Firstly- Valkyr prime would work. She was not created by corpus- she was torn apart by them. Primes are the originals- not upgrades. Any frame can and will get a prime- straight from the mouths of DE themselves.

Chroma "person inside got consumed by infested". You should play the second dream quest- I won't say more than that in this regard. Also I can't tell if you're saying Chroma prime isn't possible because the one we chased is not a prime- but again, primes are not upgrades. Primes are the originals. Any frame can and will be primed.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)xxTHEKING1006xx said:

Chroma Prime In PvE

People would drop out school and quick their jobs then bankrupt themselves.

Why?

Because people will spend nonstop hours just to get a chroma prime piece and betting if you need the resources and components to build a regular Chroma. You'll need a saryn prime system,Volt prime helmet, Ember prime chassis, and frost prime helmet. 

That will lead people to buy these parts at outrageous prices, because we all know damn well that if we get our hands on a chroma prime piece, will either sell it at a outrageous prime or try to buy components for it. 

And the person your selling it to will buy a ridiculous amount of plat to buy a part off you. That will put more money in DE pockets.

People will probably go bankrupt if you their hardcore players. 

Valkyr Prime in Pvp or Dojo Pvp

do i even have to explain how op Valkyr prime would be in dojo pvp or pvp. She would have incredible armor and one one hell of a op hysteria. Then after seeing Valkyr in action, people will farm or buy balky parts.

Which will lead to the same thing as chroma prime. 

So people who are hoping for Chroma Prime Or Valkyr Prime your definitely out of luck.

Didn't Valk's armor get nerfed in Conclave? I believe it's only 200 now...

I have no issues with Valkyr Prime. That is a given.

But Chroma ... do we even need/want a Prime?  If the Lore ia to be taken litterally, that is actually a reaninated creature he wears. How do you prime that?

The warframe is really the "knight" under the pelt. And that one can benefit no end to a Prime.

So by this reasoning the pelt should stay more or less the same, but the body should change.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

But Chroma ... do we even need/want a Prime?  If the Lore ia to be taken litterally, that is actually a reaninated creature he wears. How do you prime that?

Add gold trim to it.  I'm only half joking. 

Its one of some kind of unnamed animal, Infested, or Sentient (least likely, given what we know).  The cheap way is to give it a gold shimmer and one of the "party masks" they slap on Corrupted units.  Alternatively, replace it with something the Orokin would have. 

19 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Add gold trim to it.  I'm only half joking. 

Its one of some kind of unnamed animal, Infested, or Sentient (least likely, given what we know).  The cheap way is to give it a gold shimmer and one of the "party masks" they slap on Corrupted units.  Alternatively, replace it with something the Orokin would have. 

Again, do we need a Prime? 

I got the impression from Lotus and the Quest, that this IS the Prime, or rather there never was a Prime like we are used to, since it was "One of the most powerful warframes" and made up of parts from other warframes.

See my reasoning there?

Just now, arch111 said:

I got the impression from Lotus and the Quest, that this IS the Prime, or rather there never was a Prime like we are used to, since it was "One of the most powerful warframes" and made up of parts from other warframes.

See my reasoning there?

I do, but its got holes in it. 

Most obvious being that you're honestly suggesting that DE would intentionally put out less content for any reason. 

I'm also skeptical that prime gear is actually the "origional" version (why would you add gold trim to a version that you weren't sure would work well?), or that all primes have to be from the Orokin Era.  It also doesn't need to follow the normal version's blueprint scheme, haven't they started adding in nitain to prime BPs now? 

As far as I know, DE's official position on Primes are that the Orokin, being obsessed with "symmetry and golden irises blah blah" created everything with bling.

I therefore see Chroma as a Tenno-project in the Tenno/Orokin War (my speculation) or that the Orokin made Chroma this way.

But it will be Primed. They all will be. Just hope they will build a story for it and preferrably Expand on the supposedly MOST POWEFUL warframe. 

But then we found Inaros in the sand.

Be my guest: please suggest what a Chroma Prime would look like and how it will be different.

They'll both appear in time. Quite a bit of time in Chroma's case. Valkyr is about 9 months to a year, so not too terribly long.

And we already have the Gersemi Valkyr, so we know what she looked like before the AladV experiements (which don't have much to do with anything outside the narrative). Since we know that and how other female primes have developed from their more mundane sisters, we can extrapolate a fairly good idea what Valkyr Prime will look like.

You also have to remember that there really aren't huge difference between regular warframes and Prime variants. The only one I can think of offhand with a moderately serious stat advantage is Saryn Prime, and her only because of the changes power suite just before her PA.

They said they were going to prime every Warframe eventually. The Chroma Prime would be the first straight up Prime Access I would actually purchase day one. So long as some fool doesn't get him nerfed to manure tier and he doesn't look horrible. I'm looking at you Mag Prime and your gross Prime Helmet. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

See my reasoning there?

Why do we even "need" primes then? by this logic there should be no primes,since you know,we dont need them 

6 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

You also have to remember that there really aren't huge difference between regular warframes and Prime variants. The only one I can think of offhand with a moderately serious stat advantage is Saryn Prime, and her only because of the changes power suite just before her PA.

^This. The difference between Prime and regular is a small buff to one or a few stats, that's it. The rest is cosmetic. So Prime Valkyr's Hysteria will be the exact same as regular Valkyr's Hysteria. As for an armor buff, maybe, but she could just as easily get a slight buff to Health or Speed instead.

As for Chroma Prime, they will not make him require other Prime pieces. No way. Primarily because 2 of those 3 are vaulted and unattainable. Even when Starchart 3.0 comes out and the vault goes away they still won't do it. Chroma Prime will have his own Prime pieces, the only extra might be the regular 3 Warframe peices needed. Same with Equinox Prime, when she comes around I highly doubt she will have 8 Prime parts that you need to collect.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

Definitely want a Chroma Prime. You could make it so that the pelt has wings (either of energy or gold), rather than stubs, make the pelt seem more... alive while you wear it (kind of like Saryn Prime's tentacles), maybe have some of Chroma's knight armor over the pelt (to show mastery/dominance over the primal nature of it, rather than simply wearing it), make his chest not so... weird and bumpy. Oh, and add a plume to his armet. Plumes were radical. There are things you can do aesthetically for him. As for stat boosts, I think that Sprint Speed, slight energy boost (not extreme like Volt and Saryn, just so that he has 250 or 275 at 30, rather than 225), and/or either a slight Armor boost, or, what I'd like to see, a slight bonus to one of the four main warframe stats. Efficiency, Range, Power, or Duration. Efficiency or Duration getting boosts to 105% base would be fitting, I think, because either would let you use Elemental Ward and Vex Armor slightly more/for longer, while also being useful for Effigy. 

Then again, it won't be until 2018 when we can even think about Chroma getting a Prime.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

Why do we even "need" primes then? by this logic there should be no primes,since you know,we dont need them 

Not really.  No other warframe is introduced and tied into a Quest and the unveiling storyarc in this manner.

Lotus went on an on about how special it is. A Prime sort of makes the Events in the Quest irrelevant.

I am sure a Chroma Prime will be along, and knowing Mynki like we do, it will have some kind of weird change we love or hate.

This is in no way a post to say "Lets not have Primes!", but since I like to see DE put together good Lore in the coming year, I hope that they include Chroma into it.

When they release Chroma Prime, I hope that too is in a Quest, and one that maby echoes the past, so we see this greatest of warriors in the Golden Age.

Thats what I am saying.

none of what you said will happen. and here's why:

Chroma is fairly new compared to a lot of other frames. by the time DE even begin working on his Prime, we will have already had Starchart 3.0, which should solve the problem of needing to vault stuff by granting nodes that can drop every prime part there is (with a little weighting, of course), so all of the parts you need (assuming the Frost/Volt/Ember/Saryn system applies) will be available without having to go through trading, though I imagine DE will just give Chroma his own pieces and cram them behind the RNG wall to make it simpler.

as for Valkyr Prime, I'm looking forward to her. maybe her Prime Power visual effect will be flinging the salt of the Nerf Brigade from her claws whilst in Hysteria...