The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

23 minutes ago, iamDDips said:

My friend said
"if they released daily updates, slowly making the  infestation spread across the ship slowly still the quest is released cx"
"like updates every time it hits midnight, not updating constantly, it would only be a couple second download each morning ;p"

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me.

That sounds pretty sweet actually. Why not take it a step further and let your operator get assimilated resulting in them looking like Kerrigan...or male Kerrigan

2 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

It really IS immersion breaking...

Every sane tenno would open that damn door by force and kill everything inside what ever room this is, instead of waiting for it to come out when were on a mission and eat the operator...

58379434.jpg

What make you think you can kill what is inside ?

And what make you think you can actually open that door ? Maybe even ordis can't even open it.

I tend to agree with Trichouette, if the doors are locked, they're locked for a reason. Maybe those are not doors but just airlocks for future upgrades to the Orbiter. But the problem still remains, that we have Infestation spreading from either the exterior hull, or from whatever is inside the room.

Before patch, there have been sounds coming out from that area which clearly sounded infested. Now we have physical evidence of infestation growing there.

Being unable to do anything about it is just a wee bit... disheartening. Like, sure, there is everything going on in the solar system and whatnot. We can basically choose to ignore it or not. But infestation right in our bedroom? Well THAT Is troubling.

So, I came up with the theory today that Ordis could actually be infested hence why he has not mentioned the infestation on the ship. This could also be the reason why he is classed as the 'Mad Cephalon' (U14 for those of you who don't know) as the infestation has infiltrated his systems but he still has major control over what is happening. The quote "Excellent armaments, Operator. Please return - covered in blood - safe and sound." could be used as an example as the infestation want the Tenno to come back covered in blood to feed it but Ordis wants you to come back safely. While Ordis (the visual representation of him) does not show signs of the infestation, he is still cracked which could be him trying to hold back the infestation but is failing.

This is just a theory so, please tell me what you think and feel free to feed me some feedback...

Edited by Firehead331
Changed 'Infested' to 'Infestation' In title.

5 minutes ago, Firehead331 said:

So, I came up with the theory today that Ordis could actually be infested hence why he has not mentioned the infestation on the ship. This could also be the reason why he is classed as the 'Mad Cephalon' (U14 for those of you who don't know) as the infestation has infiltrated his systems but he still has major control over what is happening. The quote "Excellent armaments, Operator. Please return - covered in blood - safe and sound." could be used as an example as the infestation want the Tenno to come back covered in blood to feed it but Ordis wants you to come back safely. While Ordis (the visual representation of him) does not show signs of the infestation, he is still cracked which could be him trying to hold back the infestation but is failing.

This is just a theory so, please tell me what you think and feel free to feed me some feedback...

Ordis wasn't Infested originally, he was just damaged and glitchy. there's a clear visual difference when you compare Ordis and Jordas: Jordas clearly has tendons of Technocyte matter growing within his Visual form. plus Ordis only shows occasional Quirks of his more Psychotic side, Jordas is full-blown insane.

It's also not to be ruled out that Jordas may have been a ship cephalon at one point, and the reason it looks so mechanical is perhaps the Golem was once an orbiter that became overwhelmed by infestation. Perhaps Atlas was the frame in that orbiter at the time.

19 minutes ago, Khunvyel said:

I tend to agree with Trichouette, if the doors are locked, they're locked for a reason.

That's because they didn't put the patch allowing you to open it :D

Once again :

Spoiler

58379434.jpg

More seriously, I hope they intend to put another "hall" behind that door, otherwise that means we'll be limited to 3 rooms OR they'll have to increase this hall's size (again)

And as we know, the orbiter is pretty BIG, it looks bigger than a relay... I wonder why we have a space station for ourself but anyway, we'll probably soon know.

1 minute ago, ograzzt said:

Our warframes ARE infestation, controlled by space magic, I mean tenno powers.

And this is exactly what this door hiding - our inactive warframes. Probably.

Maybe all the ded warframe corpses that are roting :D

And when we open it the warframe we currently control notice what awaits it and break its chain from the tenno to live by itself.

The end. Thanks for playing.

2 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Our warframes ARE infestation, controlled by space magic, I mean tenno powers.

And this is exactly what this door hiding - our inactive warframes. Probably.

So, you are basically saying that our warframes are growing out of their restraints.... hmm... that could be..... interesting....

They're grown on saturn and Uranus, that's where we farm them. And Eris, if you can stand the lazy juggernaut design.

This is likely a left over from the plague that swept through the empire after we cut of its head. Only the infestation was dormant from so long in the void. Now its waking up.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Ordis wasn't Infested originally, he was just damaged and glitchy. there's a clear visual difference when you compare Ordis and Jordas: Jordas clearly has tendons of Technocyte matter growing within his Visual form. plus Ordis only shows occasional Quirks of his more Psychotic side, Jordas is full-blown insane.

Jordas is the end result while Ordis is still mostly intact. Of course there's clear difference.

Edited by Artarrwen