Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP competitive PvP. Dark Sectors will no longer have PvP according to dev stream 71.

-InV-igo95862

4 minutes ago, Cara360 said:

Can someone help me out? i'm confuse about this conflict about dark sector talk and PvP in it.

Imagine you get a Ferrari, nice car huh ? You worked hard and long for it. You deserve it. Then other people complain that they should all get Ferraris even though they didnt work for them. Now the manufacturer, hearing about these people, takes all of the Ferraris off the planet and makes it so nobody can drive them. Now they are giving everyone broken down trucks so nobody has anything better than anybody else.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord
The current PvE part.

1 minute ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Imagine you get a Ferrari, nice car huh ? You worked hard and long for it. You deserve it. Then other people complain that they should all get Ferraris even though they didnt work for them. Now the manufacturer, hearing about these people, takes all of the Ferraris off the planet and makes it so nobody can drive them.

Oh ok thanks for example. I know a bit better now. Ouch though how they doing this.

3 minutes ago, StormFighter117 said:

Dark Sector players long gone from the community?!?! --- Sir, I would like to know your sources.

The point I was making is if players can't find enjoyment in the game at all because dark sectors are gone then I doubt they would still be playing. I was responding to discord who said if they remove PvP, lots of players would stop playing. Seeing as we went without PvP of any kind (except for dojo) those players must have left already. 

Just now, Cara360 said:

Can someone help me out? i'm confuse about this conflict about dark sector talk and PvP in it.

I'll try to break this down as simple as I can. Conflicts were, in its simplest form, the end-game in Warframe. Clans would battle other clans for ownership of a node in the Star Chart. This node, you can run taxes that your clan would receive as income. When introduced, it was a PVE Sabotage mission. Later, it was changed to PVP to make the conflicts feel like actual conflict. When Armistice was engaged, the mode was put in hiatus to rebalance PVP. Now that there will be no PVP, a lot of folks here in the PVP sector is in a tizzy. PVP is end game for lots of folks, hence the topic at hand states that there is no longer a point to play PVP because it would currently play no role in New Dark Sector Conflicts.

2 minutes ago, Cara360 said:

You can watch some videos about dark sector conflicts on youtube. It's hard to explain without showing it but basicly if I need to explain it was something like this,

- Some missions that you need to complete while figthing the enemy team as PvP but there is some AI around too which you can kill and get experience

- If you are on the attacking team you hack some pannels and destroy a core, if you are on the defending team you defend the pannels and defend the core

Just now, Cara360 said:

Dark Sectors, like what most are talking about are referring to Dark Sector Conflicts, where clans and/or Alliances would battle over ownership of the Dark Sector planetary nodes and earn a clan/alliance leader set percentage amount of resources and/or credits from every Tenno that fought within....... Until another Clan or Alliance would challenge the current owner for the right, leading to a full on organised warfare of Tenno vs. Tenno, Specters, Turrets, and an all-in-one game mode. It was also a great place to earn some rare mods before it was patched out. I do miss the madness of those battles.

1 minute ago, Plushy said:

The point I was making is if players can't find enjoyment in the game at all because dark sectors are gone then I doubt they would still be playing. I was responding to discord who said if they remove PvP, lots of players would stop playing. Seeing as we went without PvP of any kind (except for dojo) those players must have left already. 

They left and you didn't even realize... What makes you think they didn't leave?? But since DE said no more PvP, they are completely done now... Pls don't make pointless replies...

1 minute ago, Trimaxsingi said:

You can watch some videos about dark sector conflicts on youtube. It's hard to explain without showing it but basicly if I need to explain it was something like this,

- Some missions that you need to complete while figthing the enemy team as PvP but there is some AI around too which you can kill and get experience

- If you are on the attacking team you hack some pannels and destroy a core, if you are on the defending team you defend the pannels and defend the core

1 minute ago, -cS-Nocturnex said:

I'll try to break this down as simple as I can. Conflicts were, in its simplest form, the end-game in Warframe. Clans would battle other clans for ownership of a node in the Star Chart. This node, you can run taxes that your clan would receive as income. When introduced, it was a PVE Sabotage mission. Later, it was changed to PVP to make the conflicts feel like actual conflict. When Armistice was engaged, the mode was put in hiatus to rebalance PVP. Now that there will be no PVP, a lot of folks here in the PVP sector is in a tizzy. PVP is end game for lots of folks, hence the topic at hand states that there is no longer a point to play PVP because it would currently play no role in New Dark Sector Conflicts.

Oh ok. I never play any Dark sector PvP due to my connection, but this seem like a BIG backward. Why are they removing this anyway? This give a the game feel more alive than a regular PvE..

1 minute ago, Drakenreiter said:

Good, that means they'll be better!

IF, by better, you mean grinding out a Dark Sector mission over and over again at some ungodly hour to get a chance at getting a node, yeah, mack. It'll be better.

Just now, Trimaxsingi said:

They left and you didn't even realize... What makes you think they didn't leave?? But since DE said no more PvP, they are completely done now... Pls don't make pointless replies...

I'm not even saying any left or not! It was a hypothetical situation that may or may not have actually happened. 

1 hour ago, igo95862-LookingForClan- said:

In dev stream 71 it was just confirmed that new Dark Sectors won't have any PvP included in them.

That means there is no more purpose to PvP. No more clan, alliance competition.

Competitive side is what could have made PvP a large part of the game. Now its just a small grindy mini game. Grind your daily challenges and get out. No reason to play it to improve your skills as there is no competition involved.

Dark Sectors was the part I was most looking for in Conclave 2.0 I played Conclave to be prepared for them, I practiced my skills to be rewarded in Dark Sector conflicts but now its all meaningless...

I believe they said contesting pvp was not going to be the focus of the new dark sectors, but its still too early to write it off the rework at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Cara360 said:

Oh ok. I never play any Dark sector PvP due to my connection, but this seem like a BIG backward. Why are they removing this anyway? This give a the game feel more alive than a regular PvE..

Because DE has their reasons, as of right now.

I'm not even saying any left or not! It was a hypothetical situation that may or may not have actually happened. 

No, you clearly made the mistaken statement that Dark Sector PvP players are gone:

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, Plushy said:

they are long gone from the community.

9 minutes ago, Plushy said:

those players must have left already. 

:facepalm: this community sometimes I swear 

Backpedal all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

1 minute ago, StormFighter117 said:

If Dark Sectors where to contain PvP and PvE at the same TIME?!?! Ohh Mahh Gawwd its the end of the world! Then maybe our problems would be solved and everyone would be happy :)

That's basically what I suggested earlier. In war, everyone plays a role. Some roles require a form of sabotage and infiltration. Others require fighting in the frontlines. Por que no los dos? Adding both aspects and both being equally significant will change the entire discussion.

3 minutes ago, Knaimhe said:

No, you clearly made the mistaken statement that Dark Sector PvP players are gone:

Hide contents

Backpedal all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

You forgot the "if" on the first one and the second one was in the context of what Discord originally said. Good job in taking things out of context though. You should become a politician. :clap:

You must consider the current state of conclave, it's practically abandoned. Then you must consider what was happening last time darksectors were pvp:

• Hate practically flowed through the community.
  • Many players burned out instantly due to the high levels of grind.
  • The many connection problems and people bailing at the last minute.

Having been through the complete experience of darksectors from when it started as pve and seeing the sorry state of conclave at the moment. I really don't want to see darksectors be pvp.

to all the people crying:

V1HqCDV.jpg

Dark sector PvP was horrible. it was full of people cheesing and using whatever unbalanced, dirty tricks there were (host disconnecting, blocking terminals so there was no physical way to progress, etc.) Lets not forget the fact that there were greedy alliances who would put 100% taxes on their nodes. 

2 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

You must consider the current state of conclave, it's practically abandoned. Then you must consider what was happening last time darksectors were pvp:

• Hate practically flowed through the community.
  • Many players burned out instantly due to the high levels of grind.
  • The many connection problems and people bailing at the last minute.

Having been through the complete experience of darksectors from when it started as pve and seeing the sorry state of conclave at the moment. I really don't want to see darksectors be pvp.

You don't know anything about dark sector conflicts clearly dude... Just stop pls xD

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

Dark sector PvP was horrible. it was full of people cheesing and using whatever unbalanced, dirty tricks there were (host disconnecting, blocking terminals so there was no physical way to progress, etc.) Lets not forget the fact that there were greedy alliances who would put 100% taxes on their nodes. 

Do you feel the cold?