The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn needs to be unnerfed

TiberiumDreams

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

so your video proves my point about the new saryn being stronger than the old your point?

He's saying that people concerned about Draco should be happy about the new Saryn since she can do it better than she could before.  If someone claims that Saryn is worse and cites Draco viability, they are being silly on multiple levels.

I'll have to disagree. Saryn got a major buff and an overall enhancement on her gameplay. A lot of her skills are more useful now. Really the only "nerf" she got was Miasma, which doesn't do much on its own now sadly. And even with the combination of molt + spores + miasma, it's still very lacking due to the large set up time and energy cost. But with her new first ability, she can do much more in terms of large AoE damage if you build properly, as displayed by the Draco video posted in this thread. 

32 minutes ago, DesuEx said:

I'll have to disagree. Saryn got a major buff and an overall enhancement on her gameplay. A lot of her skills are more useful now. Really the only "nerf" she got was Miasma, which doesn't do much on its own now sadly. And even with the combination of molt + spores + miasma, it's still very lacking due to the large set up time and energy cost. But with her new first ability, she can do much more in terms of large AoE damage if you build properly, as displayed by the Draco video posted in this thread. 

How to Setup Miasma: Equip Toxic flight. Use Spores. Bullet Jump

Viral and Toxic Spread For the Cost of 1 Spore Cast

Profit

18 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Might as well compare her to Volt. Basically two most useless 'damage frames', so no wonder Saryn is doing "better".

Well, abovementioned ember has a use. That use is clearing lower level missions effortlessly and accelerant stunlock. Ember can do infested sorties when modded properly with no issues. 

But yeah, saryn and volt has no use. No wait, volt speed has a use. In raids with friends I've learned to appreciate his speed to speedrun the whole thing. Saryn is legitimately useless though. 

12 hours ago, DesuEx said:

This video shows nothing in fact. Only the plain spore damage without using any of the mechanics she got.

I'd love to post a video of what she is able to do myself but DE has once again decidet to make consoles wait months for shadow debt. 

The key word is toxic lash. Toxic scales off crits, what makes it scale supperb with crit melee weapons. The spores amplify and spread poison damage.

Molt and miasama are as you said fine by themselfes but they have one more use: unleashing the safed poison damage by popping spores. That's where they rly shine. Setting up molt, moving to the range limit and uleashing miasama gives you the possibility to get burst damage off a whole map worth  poison amplified spores.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

This video shows nothing in fact. Only the plain spore damage without using any of the mechanics she got.

I'd love to post a video of what she is able to do myself but DE has once again decidet to make consoles wait months for shadow debt. 

The key word is toxic lash. Toxic scales off crits, what makes it scale supperb with crit melee weapons. The spores amplify and spread poison damage.

Molt and miasama are as you said fine by themselfes but they have one more use: unleashing the safed poison damage by popping spores. That's where they rly shine. Setting up molt, moving to the range limit and uleashing miasama gives you the possibility to get burst damage off a whole map worth  poison amplified spores.

Brb (Leaves To make Youtube Channel and Video)

Will Edit Later

I Am on PS4 and Have no access to any Shadow Debt Mods. How Would Anyone Consider This a "Nerf" lol

Edited by (PS4)Crimson_Judgment
Addition

45 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Blame MS and Sony for the delay between build releases.  Both companies require DE to send all content to them for testing before it can be released, and this process is both time consuming and not exactly cheap.

So PC players get to play bug hunt, and once enough bugs are squashed DE sends out a patch to MS and Sony, and hopefully it'll make it to consoles after certification (which can take a month)

30 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Blame MS and Sony for the delay between build releases.  Both companies require DE to send all content to them for testing before it can be released, and this process is both time consuming and not exactly cheap.

So PC players get to play bug hunt, and once enough bugs are squashed DE sends out a patch to MS and Sony, and hopefully it'll make it to consoles after certification (which can take a month)

Yea in the process as they skip around 8-16 weekly patches >.> its not like the console version is bugg-free eather. We even have to bear with the most recent buggs that get patched with each version ...

It's the same, only without fast fixes. And i'm not sure bout the whole vertification procedere eather. It takes them a week to test the data, that's the delay between the announcment and the release. Evrything else might as well be a step to safe money...for whatever reason. The servers are not administrated my ms and sony but in the hands of DE right? Why would they even need to check the data for it to be released? I'm also playing FFXIV and it's quite possible for them...might as well be a huge scam what they do with DE.. who knows.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You completely misread my post. The purpose of mentioning the Draco video is to ONLY prove that spore is good. I didn't say the video displayed how effective her other skills are. I also don't recall saying Miasma is fine by itself, in fact I believe it needs a buff due to the ridiculous requirement to make it effect, that being casting molt + spore beforehand. 

Edited by DesuEx

Saryn is the frame I use most often after Nyx, and only because Nyx's CC is more universally useful, which is absolutely not Saryn's fault.

In 4-mans, I generally fluctuate between 30% to 50% of the total damage, because my focus is on debuffing as many enemies as possible by spreading Space Herpes far and wide rather than "nuking" with Miasma, and I don't normally have energy problems because I can pretty safely do some harassing with Toxic Lash. I actually don't use any corrupt mods because the only one I have is Overextended, and it works out fine.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

Bladestorm needs a nerf and Everybody knows it

Just Because 1 thing is OP doesn't mean something else sucks

No it doesn't. Needs an animation makeover maybe. 

Saryn had tankyness that put her on par with ash overall. Now she's objective trash because there's always a superior choice for any given mission. And any given objective. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Saryn had tankyness that put her on par with ash overall. Now she's objective trash because there's always a superior choice for any given mission. And any given objective. 

You know, I can't remember the last time my Ash cut the health of every enemy on the map in half.  Or the last time his abilities killed 20+ dudes in 2 seconds.  Oh yeah, because he can't.

The Dev's have been planning to rework BS, which means a nerf no matter which way you put it.

Now she's objective trash because there's always a superior choice for any given mission. 

Why are you being so absolute? I can understand if you said that she's lackluster, or that she needs adjustments, but you said objective trash. Not everything is that black and white. You might not like Saryn, you might not have gotten her to work for you, or she simply might not fit your playstyle, but that doesn't mean she's undeniably, indisputably worthless. 

You're entitled to your opinion. You don't have to love Saryn. You don't even have to like her. But your opinion is an opinion, it is not indisputable fact. 

Saryn had tankyness that put her on par with ash overall. 

Saryn has a couple key advantages over Ash.

First and foremost, Saryn is more useful in a squad, since Viral proccing an entire room is something that an entire team can benefit from, whereas Ash only brings damage to the table (barring a Smoke Shadow build, which is so rare it's almost not even worth mentioning in this discussion).

The other key advantage that Saryn has is that she's better at dealing with greater numbers. Blade Storm can only strike 18 targets at a time, and it takes him a fair amount of time to attack those 18 targets. It's going to take Ash a lot more time and energy to fight 36 targets than 18. Meanwhile, Saryn can fight 36 targets better than she can fight 18 targets, because not only does she still only have to cast Spores once, but more targets also means that she bursts more Spores and thus can stack up a lot more damage. 

Not to mention that Ash and Saryn are not mutually exclusive. Ash benefits quite a lot from Spores, since it makes the damage from his Blade Storm go twice as far. Meanwhile, Saryn appreciates Ash's ability to deal with armored targets that her DoTs might have a hard time killing without armor reduction. They form a pretty good tag team, and I think they're pretty much on par with each other.

Her 1 needs to do a percentage of enemy health per tick. Yeah sure, the viral proc scales. Doesn't matter since it's easy to get viral procs using weapons. The damage itself should scale because it's a long duration DoT so it needs to have something over burst damage.

35 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Her 1 needs to do a percentage of enemy health per tick. Yeah sure, the viral proc scales. Doesn't matter since it's easy to get viral procs using weapons. The damage itself should scale because it's a long duration DoT so it needs to have something over burst damage.

This is a nice point. I actually hope for something like that in the (hopefully) close damage and scaling rework.

Edited by Genitive

9 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Oh so useless. Level 125 Ex HG's. Only 139% PWRstrength and a Lanka with 2.4k electricity/7.4k Gas damage

Hide contents

S2MI2Im.jpg

Is that demonstrating Saryn's power, or the Lanka's?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Saryn's EHP was nerfed by ~13%, and the days when her innate durability mattered are long gone in this age of Sorties and Raids.  If you're going to make harsh claims, at least use hard facts and qualified analysis.  

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

Even without all of that, Saryn is in a much better spot that she was before the rework.

I can agree she's in a better spot but she still feels bad, the rework just changed which ability felt good to cast. I love spore to bits because it's an amazing first power, arguably the strongest first power in the game but, molt toxic lash and miasma feel like energy wastes and dependent on certain weapons to even use.

Not to mention she was intentionally balanced around everyone running regenerative molt.

Furthermore, toxic lash's comparatives, speed and warcry, are still usable sans melee weapon(despite not functioning at 100%) and toxic lash can only make use of half its buffs at any one time due to not being able to to block and melee at the same time combined with the high innate blocking resist on most melee weapons and the cap on blocking resist.

Also miasma not causing corrosive procs or shredding max armor, for some reason avalanche does, is beyond me design wise when saryn's role is being put as the melee debuffer frame

Edited by ThatOddDeer

si, ojala de desnerfeen por favor, ahora no es mas que una spawneadora de poderes que aburre al minuto, 2 -1 -4 etc. y asi toda la partida, y la version prime no tiene partes prime, mas que una hebilla y algun q otro adorno que no se ve, RANGO 21 por aca opinando eh!