The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To everyone that has seen Devstream 71 and still oppose genderswap

RadioLarity

On 3/19/2016 at 0:42 PM, SortaRandom said:

I stopped reading through this thread a couple pages in. I love how every time the gender-swap topic comes up, there's always the folks who suddenly attack the OP by calling him an evil sexist who's insecure about his weak masculinity and all sorts of unnecessary crap, and then get applauded for it.

I've been part of a solid handful of game forums, most with less-than-ideal communities, and never have I seen such disgusting behaviour occur in something as innocent as a customization-request thread. Stay classy, folks.

OT:

I'd personally love to see gender swaps in the form of premium skins, but the problem is that there isn't enough demand from the playerbase for it to be financially feasible.

There's not much more to the issue. Not even lore issues are enough reason for it to not happen, considering that one of our existing skins is literally Hayden Tenno (a human from the Cold War era who doesn't even exist in the WF universe). It's just that most players aren't interested. Nothing more.

You,  I like you.

Just now, Naftal said:

Hopefully the content creators can be forced to fix their stuff then since they're receiving profits.

I don't think there's anything the creator's can do about it once the skin is in DE's hands though.

Wouldn't that require access to either the database or having the creator edit every cosmetic and weapon to fit the skins?

Just now, Noamuth said:

I don't think there's anything the creator's can do about it once the skin is in DE's hands though.

Wouldn't that require access to either the database or having the creator edit every cosmetic and weapon to fit the skins?

I'm mostly thinking about fixing the model if there are collision/clipping issues and/or the armor placement.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Hopefully the content creators can be forced to fix their stuff then since they're receiving profits.

You know something? Mirage and Nekros uses the same skeleton. That is why they can use eachothers aninations.

Picture this:

1. Completely rework Nekros to look lika a male Mirage. 

2. The new model for Mirage would use the same anchorpoints for syandanas as Nekros, but they said we will get to change those on ALL frames very soon. The same for holsters.

3. They might sell holster and anchors the same way they sell animations today. 

4. Clipping is a part of this game allready.

5. Points for weapongrips and body-positions are allways the same. Try it in the Armory and youll see that when you swap from female to male.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Exactly. The only issues wilö be to not go too far out of bounds of the rigg and DE can skin it no problem.

Not following you. What does the Mirage+Nekros comment mean then?

Also I'm not talking about the slight clipping that always happens with frames and attachments. I'm talking about the huge clipping issues and armor placement errors that the devs have needed to fix.

Oh, I only used Nekros and Mirage as the example for how a skin would need to be created.

Since we have models that allready work well, we can choose the warframes that suits the one we are swapping. 

Sorry if I was being unclear.

2 minutes ago, BabyKurama said:

I would say no to gender skins, but yes to the opposite frame with the same theme as existing opposite but with new powers

Supposedly DE will maby do those warframes. Some think Nehza is Ember.

either way its pointless seeing you cant swap the gender of something that is genderless

are warframes actual male or female mammals that can reproduce ? no

just because their appearance takes a form, its just a shape and is completely meaningless

Okay so here is what the Devs have to say for gender swap the warframes based on the lore and their vision of the game.

Spoiler

no.gif

And with the tennogen if they agree into letting players do their ''fan fiction'' skins

Spoiler

Xw7NjdB_700wa_0.gif

I mean with the Tennogen we finaly have a valid argument that this won't directly intefere with the lore itself or the devs plans for the game so, why the hell not ?

Just to clarify I'am totaly against forcing the devs to change their view of their own game to attend to a pointless cosmetic feauture that won't add nothing to the game right now BUT with Tennogen I realy don't that being much of a problem. 

Bear in mind this has to be a free cosmetic for the entire community unless DE wants all hell to break loose.

Edited by Henji

I've said it many times before and I will continue to say it until the day I am done with the forums:

THAT ART FOR FEMALE ASH IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. 

Aside from that I don't care if they do genderswaps, if the devs want it then that's fine.

1 minute ago, TheErebus. said:

I've said it many times before and I will continue to say it until the day I am done with the forums:

THAT ART FOR FEMALE ASH IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. 

Aside from that I don't care if they do genderswaps, if the devs want it then that's fine.

But Erebish, don't you want sexy female Ash?

12 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Not if it looks like THAT ATROCIOUS THING.

This being the concept art for Ash, the end product really is very similar.  I am not sure what you do not like, but this was a basic concept,  and as such shall never be taken litterally.

I dare say that ANY genderskins that get DE'S seal of aproval, will have the highest standard just like everything choosen from tennogen so far. 

I guess this was inevitable. We had a more-or-less constructive thread about the alternate sex models the other day. Should only be expected that we get a "Hah, we told you so" thread.

Simply put, OP, this thread seems really subjective. Here is the problem with the entire debate over these alternate sex models: There is way too much opiniated BS being thrown. It's like trying to force feed somebody some fish they don't like. It's pointless, it pisses people off, and makes people not want to approach the issue. This thread is like the poster child for what is wrong with people these days. You don't realize that other people feel a different way about things, so you go ahead and try and push your opinions expecting them to feel the same way. Again, it's force feeding. Of course people are going to adversely react. You aren't giving an alternative and you sure as hell aren't providing a stage on which constructive conversations can exist.

I, personally, think the alternate sex models would be neat. More customization. I mean, we all know that Fashion Frame is the true endgame. Here's the thing though, I believe we should rationally approach this and not push it. Why? Because forcing the point is only going to make people avoid it. Besides this, there are plenty of valid arguments for and against it. You aren't inherently correct just because the picture looks neat. Use some actual logic. This is part of the reason DE mostly avoided the topic until this last devstream. Very little people thus far have, in an unbiased and constructive manner, discussed this topic. Threads for it are usually littered with massive opinions, closed mindedness, intolerance, bias, and sometimes even hostility. It would be like playing with a time bomb. And this is all from people who simply don't consider other people's thoughts. I would love to discuss this topic and others like it in the future. It's good to have points of disagreement, as it helps the community grow. However, threads like this spread toxicity, bias, and misinformation, and honestly make me want to join those who have given up on the topic.

With that, I'm not even going to bother actually responding to the thread. There's no point.

3 hours ago, Henji said:

Bear in mind this has to be a free cosmetic for the entire community unless DE wants all hell to break loose.

That's one thing no one has really touched on. Although it's fine to say you're willing to buy it there are other people who would not be so fine with paying just to have a different sex. Which in turn creates media attention as more people gain wind and disagree with having to buy male/female skins.

In reference to posts about the other models:

If you go beyond changing the sex, then you are changing the frame thus making it no longer the same character. Primes, prototypes, and premium skins have lore connections to say how the frame is this way. If you look at those variants you will see that the base model remains almost the same. The only times they change some-what (It's only her legs.....) is with the premium skins Loki and Trinity. However even then you still recognize the shapes as the characters Trinity/Loki. The whole model isn't drastically changed to masculine/feminie for example, and the armour maintains traits (skirt, horns) from the original armour. Without these two working together like this you don't keep the originality of the character. Thus a different character is made.

Edited by Postal_pat

2 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

That's one thing no one has really touched on. Although it's fine to say you're willing to buy it there are other people who would not be so fine with paying just to have a different sex. Which in turn creates media attention as more people gain wind and disagree with having to buy male/female skins.

Before someone says they could go beyond changing the sex, then you are changing the frame making it no longer the same character. Primes, prototypes, and premium skins have lore connections to say how the frame is this way. If you look at those variants you will see that the base model remains almost the same. The only times they change some-what (It' only her legs.....) is with the premium skins Loki and Trinity. However even then you still recognize the shapes as the characters Trinity/Loki. The whole model isn't drastically changed to masculine/feminie for example, and the armour maintains traits (skirt, horns) from the original armour. Without these two working together like this you don't keep the originality of the character. Thus a different character is made.

I think you elaborating way too much on this matter, people just want boobs or dongs, its that simple. 

And with Tennogen there is a fair argument now with DE that the skins that come from there are NOT related to the lore of the game thus the idea of gender swap is more relevant atm.