Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino is a tank.. You need a proof?

Teshin_Dax

No Taunt, No Tank. 

To give the post a bit more subsistence, the purpose of any tank is to draw aggro/hate from mobs and make them focus on the tank instead of the squishy damage dealers and support staff.  Rhino can take it, but unless you are actively jumping in-front of the bullets for the team, it really does not matter much. 

Edited by Pyus
Obama

He doesn't even have treads or a cannon. How is he supposed to subjugate the panzers with maximum vitriol if he can't fire steaming hot 105 mike mike rounds screaming down range to penetrate the enemies body like a molten rod through a wall of butter if he doesn't have a cannon. 

1 minute ago, -Judgment- said:

Lol yes hes a tank.....But hes not a good enough tank at the moment.

MMh... yeah it could be better ... but such a resistance against lvl 100 enemies is quite good... 

But without augments ... he would loose... So he could be better ... yes... but not every frame can be a tank like trinity :^)

7 minutes ago, Pyus said:

No Taunt, No Tank. 

To give the post a bit more subsistence, the purpose of any tank is to draw aggro/hate from mobs and make them focus on the tank instead of the squishy damage dealers and support staff.  Rhino can take it, but unless you are actively jumping in-front of the bullets for the team, it really does not matter much. 

The purpose of a tank is to take the damage so other people don't have to. Not having aggro draw is just part of that, not a requirement.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

The purpose of a tank is to take the damage so other people don't have to. Not having aggro draw is just part of that, not a requirement.

in that case

nezhas warding halo takes dmg received by nearby allies and makes the halo absorb it

best tank achieved :'D

How was this even a thing? Rhino already got his rework, and DE doesn't have plans of changing anything. If you're talking about people who say Rhino isn't a tank, usually they mean Rhino is more than just Iron Skin. He has CC with 4, buff with 3. Most people who even raise that as an issue are just tried of people only using Iron, when they can actually contribute more to the party as a whole.

39 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

No, it's pretty much a requirement - otherwise you're just the dude standing in the corner not getting damaged.  Please don't say CC lets you tank as a response - that's mitigation/debuffing, not hate management and tanking.  The hate mechanics in this game need a huge overhaul, as tanking really isn't a thing anyone except Saryn (and Loki?  Seems like his Decoy has elevated threat, but I'm not sure tbh) can do.  And by the time you get to a level where tanking would be nice to have, Molt gets rekt at a mere glance.

Edit:  OK, Chroma Effigy too.  Forgot about that one.  Not like he's my favorite frame or anything. :facepalm:

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann
Coffee must be decaf this morning >.>

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

No, it's pretty much a requirement - otherwise you're just the dude standing in the corner not getting damaged.  Please don't say CC lets you tank as a response - that's mitigation/debuffing, not hate management and tanking.  The hate mechanics in this game need a huge overhaul, as tanking really isn't a thing anyone except Saryn (and Loki?  Seems like his Decoy has elevated threat, but I'm not sure tbh) can do.  And by the time you get to a level where tanking would be nice to have, Molt gets rekt at a mere glance.

Don't forget Chroma's pelt, it has elevated Aggro sponging :o

I tank with Mag.  Pull is surprisingly effective at making everything in the room hate you.

As to Rhino; he's a decent low to mid range tank but he does need some tweaking if he wants to hold that role in higher content.  I've seen some Rhino players that are amazing and are able to withstand a lot of punishment in T4 Survivals and Defenses, but that's rare to see. 

3 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I tank with Mag.  Pull is surprisingly effective at making everything in the room hate you.

As to Rhino; he's a decent low to mid range tank but he does need some tweaking if he wants to hold that role in higher content.  I've seen some Rhino players that are amazing and are able to withstand a lot of punishment in T4 Survivals and Defenses, but that's rare to see. 

A good rhino uses his Iron skin to go on the offensive, and kill enemies before they shred it. As Rhino, I use roar for a damage boost, mop up enemies, and use Iron skin as an "Osht" meter. The faster it drains, the more likely I am to stomp, clean up high priority targets, and then mop up. Also, Charge is a lot funner than sprinting to move >w>

Its never about the frame, its always about the player. I primarily run Rhino Prime because he handles most content with ease. Soloing up to 1 hour survivals with rhino and can kill any boss. He makes juggernaut look silly as I leap over his charges and shoot him through his attacks. 

The problem with most players is that they become to reliant on Iron Skin, Don't utilize his other abilities properly, and seldom make effective use of parkour or environmental elements to mitigate taking damage. A good rhino player can and will handle long missions exceeding level 50 mobs easily. 

In the classic MMO sense no rhino is not a tank any more than other frames are. None of us force mobs to focus on us to the exclusion of the other team mates, the game is not designed that way. Rhino is a aggressive offensive support frame with crowd control capabilities, damage mitigation and direct damage and in the right hands very good at his job.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Edit:  OK, Chroma Effigy too.  Forgot about that one.  Not like he's my favorite frame or anything. :facepalm:

Also Nyx's absorb, sorta.