Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if the Sentients are the perfected Infestation?

DrBorris

This may be a bit far fetched, but in the realm of Warframe you never know. I guess this is based on the assumption that the Technocyte virus is, well, techno.

And if it was created by someone, I would say chances are it was created by the Orokin (Go away Dark Sector fanatics, it is a spiritual predecessor).

Now comes the real speculation. From what we can tell from the Infestation, it has a goal to reproduce and can adapt its influence to many forms. Maybe, just maybe, the infestation was the starting point for the development of the entities that would explore the Tau system. The Orokin made these tiny machines that were able to work together, but their abilities and AI led it to unstable.

Later on some Crewman was able to bring the Technocyte to a point where it was controllable and adaptable without needing to assimilate stuff.

When I type it out it sounds even crazier, but it seems ever so slightly plausible... seems like reason enough to see what others think.

I think whats more probable is that the infested are a failed weapon to fight the sentients (who I still hold out hope that they are aliens and not another orokin invention) 

eventually the orokin perfected the use of technocyte to make warframes

thats my best guess

The infestation was brought out to fight the sentients. So. Sentients can take over technology, but not organics. Infested take over organics, but not technology (prior to Alad V's involvement; the ''natural'' infestation cannot interface with machinery).

The infestation doesn't adapt, either. It just consumes. It warps forms to spread itself and break stuff, but it doesn't adapt.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

No no sir, the infested were a bio weapon created to deal with the Sentients.

Its speculated that the Warframes are byproduct of the many experiments created by the orokin during their war with the SentientS.

At some point though the Tenno turned against the orokin but its unclear if this happend AFTER or BEFORE they dealt with the sentients, my take is before.

Its still debatable if the Technocyte we have in Warframe is the same of Dark Sector or something else entirely, my expectation is the one we have is a strain created from the original and with the fall of the orokin the original was lost or yet to be shown.

Edited by Henji

Does "Technocyte" even exist in Warframe? I thought the devs had removed every single reference to technocyte in the game a long while back.

Nekros' "technocyte nanobots" description for Shadows of the Dead was removed within a week of his release, and I think that some of the Infested weapons that may have referenced Technocyte by name (Mire, maybe? Can't remember) had their descriptions updated to no longer reference Dark Sector.

OT:

Basically, what AdunSaveMe said. The Orokin created the Infested as a bioweapon in order to combat the Sentients; it just sort of got out of control.

Edited by SortaRandom

I don't believe the Infestation and Sentient are related; its true that as far as we know, both were developed into their current stage by the Orokin but the Sentient seem to have been made for exploration and terraforming before the Great War but as far as we know, the Infested were turned to as a major option by the Orokin after the Sentient turned the Orokin's great tech against it.

While the Sentients may be made in with a similar ideal, with a focus on enduring and overcoming most barriers, they were designed to be weak against the Void - which seems to be our purpose in fighting the Sentients - the infested seem to be able to metabolize or at least be controlled and strengthened by the void energy we give off. Our warframes themselves being re-purposed infested tech themselves.

29 minutes ago, Ohmlink said:

Pretty sure sentients are heavily implied to be a Orokin invention that came back. Now the question is who shot first?

19 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I don't believe the Infestation and Sentient are related; its true that as far as we know, both were developed into their current stage by the Orokin but the Sentient seem to have been made for exploration and terraforming before the Great War but as far as we know

Where are you guys getting the idea that Sentients are an Orokin invention? To my understanding, there has been no indication whatsoever that the Sentients are manmade, and the Natah questline made it very, very clear that the Sentients are not from our solar system.

EDIT:

Scratch that. The Crewman entry all but confirms that the Sentients are a creation of the Orokin / early Corpus, and (from what I gather) they were designed to travel to the Tau system (the "solar system" of a nearby star) and create an interstellar rail for the Orokin as they went along, before terraforming the destination to make it suitable for human living. Basically, they were a tool designed to relocate the Orokin to a new star system.

Thanks, Ohmlink!

Edited by SortaRandom

12 minutes ago, Henji said:

No no sir, the infested were a bio weapon created to deal with the Sentients.

Its speculated that the Warframes are byproduct of the many experiments created by the orokin during their war with the SentientS.

At some point though the Tenno turned against the orokin but its unclear if this happend AFTER or BEFORE they dealt with the sentients, my take is before.

Its still debatable if the Technocyte we have in Warframe is the same of Dark Sector or something else entirely, my expectation is the one we have is a strain created from the original and with the fall of the orokin the original was lost or yet to be shown.

The Tenno killed the leadership of the Orokin after the Sentients were pushed back to Tau System where they were sent a long time ago by the Orokin.  This is at least mostly talked about in the Natah quest and Stalker codex entries. 

Below is spoilers for Natah quest, just in case.

Spoiler

Natah or the Lotus was a sentient agent sent to turn the Tenno against the Orokin, and then kill them afterwards.  Thankfully she decided against that killing the Tenno.

1 minute ago, folklore504 said:

The Tenno killed the leadership of the Orokin after the Sentients were pushed back to Tau System where they were sent a long time ago by the Orokin.  This is at least mostly talked about in the Natah quest and Stalker codex entries. 

Below is spoilers for Natah quest, just in case.

Reveal hidden contents

Natah or the Lotus was a sentient agent sent to turn the Tenno against the Orokin, and then kill them afterwards.  Thankfully she decided against that killing the Tenno.

Memory is a bit hazey with due to the no replayability in those missions and the ammount of booze...

54 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The infestation was brought out to fight the sentients. So. Sentients can take over technology, but not organics. Infested take over organics, but not technology (prior to Alad V's involvement; the ''natural'' infestation cannot interface with machinery).

The infestation doesn't adapt, either. It just consumes. It warps forms to spread itself and break stuff, but it doesn't adapt.

The red and bolded is up for debate. The existence of Jordas Golem shows that the Infested were already capable of taking over technology. I would say that prior to Alad, it was a process that took a looong time. Alad probably gave them the knowledge to effectively infect machines and made it very virulent against them as a result.

On topic:

What OP says does make some kind of sense. I'm going to try to detail what OP might be getting at.

- Orokin experiment with techno-organic substance to explore it's potential.

- Orokin try to create something that can change form to use for various applications.

- Failed results produce the infectious variant that results in forcibly changing forms in a nonuniform way. It constantly needs mass to continue growing and takes it from organics.

- The Orokin archive it and save it.

- Another Orokin creates a successful result using the techno-organic substance that is self contained and doesn't grow needlessly. It only changes forms when needed.

Keep in mind that this is all conjecture but, It wouldn't be surprising to me if the Infested and Sentients share the same origin besides being Orokin made.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

I'm aware of that and it wouldn't be the first time something new caused someone to reconsider old information.

If you're aware of it, I don't get your point. It doesn't show they were already capable of taking over technology at all. In fact, it shows the opposite.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

If you're aware of it, I don't get your point. It doesn't show they were already capable of taking over technology at all. In fact, it shows the opposite.

I'm going by the fact that Cephalon Simaris lore entries give information of past events. The origin of Jordas Golem is one of his archived entries, it's under the Runner synthesis target.

4 minutes ago, -Ksaero- said:

According to Natah quest, Sentients are more like Reapers from Mass Effect. Orokin weren't the first who were attacked by Sentients.

There's actual lore stating the orokin (or a lesser) created a sentient-like being, with sentient-like abilities, for use in the same way the sentients were used.

Not sure where you're getting your idea from.

10 minutes ago, -Ksaero- said:

According to Natah quest, Sentients are more like Reapers from Mass Effect. Orokin weren't the first who were attacked by Sentients.

Read the Crewman lore. The Sentients are indeed invading from the Tau system, but it was actually the Orokin / early Corpus who invented them and put them there in the first place.

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I'm going by the fact that Cephalon Simaris lore entries give information of past events. The origin of Jordas Golem is one of his archived entries, it's under the Runner synthesis target.

Which just sounds like an infestation in progress, from Jordas' point of view. Doesn't have a timestamp, but it was added after the mutalist incursion.

Past events, yes. Before mutalists, not really.

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Which just sounds like an infestation in progress, from Jordas' point of view. Doesn't have a timestamp, but it was added after the mutalist incursion.

Past events, yes. Before mutalists, not really.

I didn't say anything about it not being an infestation in progress or about it being outside his POV. Many things don't have a time stamp, but their implementation after a specific event doesn't always mean it happened that way story wise.

Best not to confused development order with canon story. It's still arguably up for debate until proven otherwise.

5 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I didn't say anything about it not being an infestation in progress or about it being outside his POV. Many things don't have a time stamp, but their implementation after a specific event doesn't always mean it happened that way story wise.

Best not to confused development order with canon story. It's still arguably up for debate until proven otherwise.

It may not be proven, but considering there's no evidence of Infested machinery prior to Alad V introducing the mutalist units, it's a pretty damn safe assumption.