Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your first good underrated game?

Sartactics

28 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Warframe because IGN and GameStop gave it cr@pp review and AnrgyJoe didn't review it yet :/

Wait, wait, they gave Warframe a BAD review?

THEY GAVE THIS AWESOME GAME A BAD REVIEW!

GET YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES, WE MUST BURN THEM!

13 hours ago, Basdiow said:

Wait, wait, they gave Warframe a BAD review?

THEY GAVE THIS AWESOME GAME A BAD REVIEW!

GET YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES, WE MUST BURN THEM!

Most reviews that i have seen for warframe were as recent as the release for the PS4 and a bit after, and they are all 7/10 or 6/10 and i generally agree. And you know if angry joe reviewed warframe he would criticize the fact that it has working cash shop even though the game isn't finished, just like TotalBiscuit did back when he did his review. It's a great game, but don't be delusional, there are points where its a cash grab to take advantage of players who are frustrated at the grind that is forced apon them (like totalbiscuits wife explained when she realized how much grind was put up in front of getting mirage) and points where the game just falls flat on repeated unfixed bugs since the developers crank out content all the time, so bugs never get fully fixed before moving on to more stuff. 

Either way, alot of those reviews are old, and don't reflect parcour 2.0 or the fleshed out damage system. They did review a beta game after all. 

Hard to say... Not sure if it's entirely underrated but Metal Fatigue.

RTS with typical units and underground/ground/air combat but also with mech's which you can customize to a decent degree and they actually have duelling animations! Loved it back in the day. Especially when wacking in cheats in peace time and then having a massive battle with the AI, duels all over the place and mech parts (which can be picked up, taken back to your base and researched so you can then build them) scattered on the battlefield and pilot teams fleeing for their lives.

Hoping it someday reaches GOG. Very unique game for its time.

Edited by Naith

Depending on how you define "good"...

My first game that i personally considered good was "Vanark, space trooper" (more or less - can't recall the title correctly now). To my childs mind back in the days of 2000-2001 the story, mechanics and atmosphere seemed superb (though it didn't even nearly compete with crash bandicoot lel)

Another contender for this - Vagrant Story. 

Probably BulletStorm.

This game was a blast, but simply couldn't compete with such monsters as Battlefield or COD (i think one of them realeased a new game in the same time).

Seriously guys - if you are ready to put up with Games For Windows Live bullS#&$ - you will have a lot of good time in this game.

In the mean time - listen to soundtrack

Edited by Artek94

Just now, Denny2669 said:

Dark Sector and Prototype, I love em to bits, but people dislike em for stupid reasons...

Prototype was Underrated? That's a shocker... It was an awesome game indded and i think it might have did a good number on me.

Probably the biggest injection of edgyness i have ever got.

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

Probably BulletStorm.

This game was a blast, but simply couldn't compete with such monsters as Battlefield or COD (i think one of them realeased a new game in the same time).

Seriously guys - if you are ready to put up with Games For Windows Live bullS#&$ - you will have a lot of good time in this game.

In the mean time - listen to soundtrack

It's because Codbros and Battle%&^s don't like anything besides CoD and BF, and the game magazines criticized it t all hells, because it had multiple creative ways to use the word "$&*^" in a sentence.

Anyways - it was/is awesome and had an interesting mechanic...