The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer, have they had ai-work?

arch111

I am just wondering. Last night I fought the grineer and a shield-basher locked me into a groundslam by repeating the shieldswing 4 times in a row.

The bombards seemed to have increased aim on their missiles.

The stun after a Commander switch-teleport seemed longer, + 1 second is enough to get scorpions and bombards on you if you are crowded.

Even the flameblades groundslam seems bigger.

All in all Grineer seems more dangerous,  and they seemed to use cover alot better. 

I am not complaining, I was just surprised since this was Mercury and I am not used to this level of resistance there.

Edited by arch111

8 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The bombards seemed to have increased aim on their missiles.

Oh yes, the 'Lightly Seeking' missiles.

On topic, I agree that there seem to have been AI updates in general across Grineer, Corpus and Infested. The enemies seem to be using better tactics, rather than just running at you blindly.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

That's being worked on as well. But I wouldn't mind if general AI improvements came before rebalancing. 

TBH I prefer them coming out at the same time.

Imagine this scenario:

2 Arctic Nullifiers and 1 Nullifier decide to stack their bubbles. In a sortie. With a sniper-only restriction. In front of an isolator bursa.

See how painful it becomes?

Just now, p3z1 said:

TBH I prefer them coming out at the same time.

Imagine this scenario:

2 Arctic Nullifiers and 1 Nullifier decide to stack their bubbles. In a sortie. With a sniper-only restriction. In front of an isolator bursa.

See how painful it becomes?

Yeah, you have a point.

We've all been there, haven't we?

Just now, Genitive said:

We've all been there, haven't we?

I quit doing Corpus sorties when:

- Sheev was a reward (and unbuffed)

- Bursas returned (without fixing them)

- Corpus started spamming nullifiers

- Sapping ospreys weren't fixed properly

Staggers and stuns from grineer do seem to have been buffed a lot lately.  The spawn rate of enemies that can do that seems to have been boosted significantly of late, so expect enemy group composition to start leaning toward staggerlocking as you get to higher level missions.

not sure about regular Grineer units, but on a related note, am I the only one who thinks Arid Grineer in Phobos Defenses are seriously powerful? I can pretty much steamroll through any other Grineer defence, but on Phobos, it's more of a challenge for some reason. they know how to attack from multiple angles and use cover more effectively, and unless I bring Frost, it's noticeably challenging to defend a Pod Solo, even though they're only the same level as any other Grineer in a Syndicate mission.

anyone else think that the Arid units put up way more of a fight?

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

28 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not sure about regular Grineer units, but on a related note, am I the only one who thinks Arid Grineer in Phobos Defenses are seriously powerful? I can pretty much steamroll through any other Grineer defence, but on Phobos, it's more of a challenge for some reason. they know how to attack from multiple angles and use cover more effectively, and unless I bring Frost, it's noticeably challenging to defend a Pod Solo, even though they're only the same level as any other Grineer in a Syndicate mission.

To be honest ever since Phobos was introduces I have treated them more or less as a separate Grineer Faction.

I don't know their stats, but they all seem better than their brothers. Thats why I still haven't cleared all of Phobos.

On a sidenote, Kavat Masters appear everywere now. Hellions, bombards coupled with a few scorpions a commander and 1-2 Kavat Masters and why not a Drahk Master while we are at it, and we got a Plutoon that can do some damage.

I think you guys meant to say PhoBoss Grineer.

And yeah, they always seemed superior to the other grineer forces (Uranus ones seem like a step-between then two), which may be due to the arid climate - they're like sand, they're bothersome and get everywhere, hitting where it hurts.

With improved AI, they ought to tone down some of the cheap mechanics, tho. Not everything needs a ground slam, godlike homing, AoE attack or - heaven forbid - passive auras that don't require an activation / have a duration.

Nullifier bubbles that are turned off until they actually see a Tenno? Eximus auras that have a set duration or energy drain that the Tenno can stop via Magnetic procs? Give the enemy the same treatment as the players, let us take away their toys by using ours. Give enemies a chance to have sidearms when their primary weapon is damaged/disarmed (where applicable)

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I always thought the Phobos Grineer had bugged stats and spawned rate ever since I tried to do the excavation mission on it. Go ahead and give it a try, it's definitely wrong. On a side note, I suffered a similar bug in a syndicate mission on Earth, but it only affected this specific mission. The enemies were around level 15 but were dishing out enough damage to almost instakill anyone.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

I always thought the Phobos Grineer had bugged stats and spawned rate ever since I tried to do the excavation mission on it. Go ahead and give it a try, it's definitely wrong. On a side note, I suffered a similar bug in a syndicate mission on Earth, but it only affected this specific mission. The enemies were around level 15 but were dishing out enough damage to almost instakill anyone.

They are bugged. They were fine, then at some point they broke damage of specifically elite arid lancer. Lvl 25 arid elite lancer deals damage of lvl 70 normal elite lancer. That's the only unit and it's still not fixed.

6 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

The melee ground slams sure have picked up since thousand cuts, as well as flameblade in-your-face teleports.

(tbh i did not even know those things could teleport...)

It seems all grineers can teleport these days, they do it very frequently in exterminate - me trotting around in cleared rooms picking up loot, and BAM surrounded by an army - happens all the time lol