Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for advice on buying blueprints for weapons that are really good.

jezym

Question

Hello everyone,

I've leveled up all my starter weapons as well the Dex weapons that were given so I'm looking to buy new primary, secondary and melee weapons 

I was thinking of getting an AoE weapon for crowd control, a silent weapon for stealth plus a fast melee weapon.  I'm not sure if the primary or secondary should be silent.

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

11 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

Can confirm, synoid simulor is vury stronk. Plus you can pick one up in the trade chat for like 30p.

yes if 1. your master rank lvl 12 

2. he is only level 4 or 5 at most

3. so he would want to look for weapons he can get now and not in like 3 or 4 weeks or longer 

Generally you'll want to get your hands on the Syndicate Weapons, they're almost all pretty good (except the Telos Boltor, here the Boltor Prime is better), but that may take a long time to get if you've just started playing WF.

So if we rule out Syndicate, Clantech and primary weapons and go strictly with the ones you can buy in the market, I would recommend

- for primary: Hek (high damage per shot), Soma (high sustained damage), Tonkor (probably best AoE weapon in the game)

- for secondary: Aksomati (very good, but need a lot of forma), Sonicor (can ragdoll enemies), and maybe Kulstar for AoE (watch out, this is a weapon that can inflict self-damage)

- for melee: if you want something fast, Destreza, Tipedo or Orthos are good choices, and you can also check out the Ninkondi, they're a ton of fun.

Best silent Primary is probably the Dread, the bow that drops from the Stalker, best silent secondary is a matter of debate, but I'd go with the Spira Prime.

Well all melee is silent and there is a silent mod for secondary and rifles so technically you can make any secondary silent or rifle silent.

but you also want aoe. So I would recommend a rakta ballistica. It is automatically silent (clears up mod slot) and does Some AOE with it. That is your secondary. But if you want even more AOE I would go with a grenade launcher like penta or tonkor. They may or may not be able to use "Hush" (the silent mod that silences rifles)

Hope this was somewhat helpful.    

So if you want aoe or fast or stealth weapons these are the ones you want. 

Start at aoe rifles

Tonkor is a explosive grenade launcher its really good for blowing S#&$ up and not you

Ogris is a rocket launcher with charge time that deals massive and i mean massive amounts of damage  one side effect is you blow  off you arms ,legs,face, everything on all the walls in the room if you shoot to close to you or a team mate walks in front of you as you fire it. 

Amprex is a lighint gun that arcs off of its first target zapping everything you see and does good damage plus tons of red crit. BUT its very expensive to make while taking almost like  8 forma doing so to make a perfect build.  This is the same for the synapse and phage do a lot of aoe but takes a ton of forma to make it good.

The new Mutalist cernois counts as both stealth and aoe dots weapon that is pretty good but to it just doesnt have enough raw damage.

Boar prime or boar or hek or any really high teir shot guns are really good for aoe. Now that being said i think the best shotgun in the game is boar prime for this reason, You can get to a 100% status high amount of damage plus shoot 2 or 3 elements at a time with high or low fire rate with massive or very little spread making it just Vomit out 100's of numbers a second of kinds of damage from like corrosive/fire/any element combo you pick. To me this is the funnest weapon for crowd control and tons of aoe when you but blast on it with corrosive thats a hoot.

I thinks theres a few more aoe weapons that aer good but those are some of my favorite.

Now moving on to stealth weapons. It doesnt matter if its primary or secondary, what matters is what one you like the most to use.

For stealth bows you have DAiku, parris and parris prime, dread,cernose and the infected one and also the wonderful faction one from red veil. They are all good you can make them all do tons of damage, Im not going in to detail sense they all have different treats that they are good at and the other isnt. 

RIfles you can get mod and make any stealthy really if you want but some people dont want to loose that extra mod slot.

For pistols you have the throwing stars and knifes again theres to many to going to detail when thy are all good at something and the others beat the others at were another lacks at. My favorite are the prime throwing stars and knifes are rally run with attack speed and a mod called concealed explosives. They are like little stars with c4 strapped on them.

Melee weapons that are fast well S#&$ttt i own damn to many for this im going to make this simple.

Destraza super fast attack speed when your have its stance plus you can make it do 1000 puncture damage almost so its amazing.

tipeado  Super fast attack speed staff if you use beserker and fury your almost looking at 3 swings a second plus it also its 2 times a swing sense the blade on the bottom and top count as a hit.

Dual ichor are weird looking clan daggers that have massive attack speed almost more than the tipeado.

fang prime are fast but not super fast like others

War for a long sword is fast and massive aoe sword. 

AGAIN WAT MORE WEAPONS AT THERE but these are the few i use and love to play with myself 

Depends entirely on how you wish to play. If you wanna play a more stealth, look into some bows. If you wanna be a bigger powerhouse, look at the soma. Basically, if it looks cool, try it out. You have plenty of time to play with the weapons

15 minutes ago, tomrair said:

Generally you'll want to get your hands on the Syndicate Weapons, they're almost all pretty good (except the Telos Boltor, here the Boltor Prime is better), but that may take a long time to get if you've just started playing WF.

So if we rule out Syndicate, Clantech and primary weapons and go strictly with the ones you can buy in the market, I would recommend

- for primary: Hek (high damage per shot), Soma (high sustained damage), Tonkor (probably best AoE weapon in the game)

- for secondary: Aksomati (very good, but need a lot of forma), Sonicor (can ragdoll enemies), and maybe Kulstar for AoE (watch out, this is a weapon that can inflict self-damage)

- for melee: if you want something fast, Destreza, Tipedo or Orthos are good choices, and you can also check out the Ninkondi, they're a ton of fun.

Best silent Primary is probably the Dread, the bow that drops from the Stalker, best silent secondary is a matter of debate, but I'd go with the Spira Prime.

boltor p got vaulted tough :/

Wow, so many recommendations to buy high MR weapons, when it appears that you probably aren't that high yet (as you've just leveled your starter gear and the Dex weapons).  Also suggestions for weapons to buy for plat, when it looks like you actually wanted to spend credits.

So here are some weapons that do actually make sense to get when you're relatively new to the game (and don't have the gear to do high level missions), and don't want to spend plat:

Silent Primary - Paris.  It's a well rounded bow that will last you well until you can get your hands on the Paris Prime, the parts for which drop in low tier void missions (there's a lot of parts so it might take a lot of farming due to RNG).  You can also get the Dread at low levels, which is one of the best bows in the game, but it takes a lot of luck to get the Stalker to A. show up, and B. drop the blueprint (although he also drops a blueprint for a good silent secondary).  You might occasionally find Stalker farming groups in recruiting chat though.

If you just want a good solid damage primary you can't go wrong with the Boltor (if your aim isn't that good), or the Latron (if you can consistently land headshots).

AoE CC Secondary - Sonicor.  Really nothing comes close to this for a newish player.  Put heat and cold mods on it for blast damage, and you will throw crowds of enemies all over the place.  If you're outdoors, you'll launch them into orbit.

Silent Secondary - Kunai.  A decent choice if you want to have a noisy, automatic primary that can handle crowds.

Fast Melee - Orthos Prime.  As well as being fast, it has a massive range, higher than normal slide attack damage, and it's not too hard to get the parts, as they drop in void T2 exterminate and capture missions (if Baro Kiteer - the void trader - is in one of the relays, check recruiting for people farming these).  You'll need a fair few orokin cells to build it, but those can be had from the boss on Saturn (if you get a 3 hour resource booster as your daily login reward, it's well worth farming him to build up a stockpile.  If there's an infested invasion on that tile then Phorid can be farmed even faster).

If you'd rather just get blueprint melees, then Dual Zoren is a very fast weapon that's good against infested (because it does slash damage), while Fang is better against Grineer (because it does puncture).  There aren't really any decent impact weapons that are also fast, to use against corpus (the fist weapons are pretty meh).

Edited by polarity

For new players I always recommend Atterax as you can get it at MR2, doesn't require clan tech, and it's easy to build.

Its whip stance is easy to get, it has long range, its fast, its a powerful crit weapon, and it causes extremely damaging bleed procs. It's a great weapon early off and it scales well into end game.

Boltor isn't silent but with a maxed out Hush mod can be and its powerful enough at low MR to get you through. I still have mine with 2 Forma in it.

Bows I prefer the Paris/Paris Prime but Dread is the best but not easy to get. 

For secondaies it all depends if you're in a clan or not, outside the clan I'd say try out different ones. My reasoning is in a clan my goto secondaies are the Pyrana and Marelock ( I know there is a syndicate version but this is to help start out)

Early melee not sure about MR since I kept my Skana way too long but if allowed the Tipedo is a beast. 

So when it comes down to primaries from the market I would say

Hek sobek boltor soma tonkor braton Burston Cernos etc 

one of the few weapons worth putting formas and time in it is the hek and tonkor since the telos bolter rakta cernos (both MR 12) soma prime braton prime and burston prime are available (boltor prime recently got vaultet). 

For secondaries it behaves the same there are a lot of good weapons like 

Balistica gammacor spira sonicor etc 

And again in my opinion the only weapon at the beginning to put formas in is the sonicor as rakta ballistica synoid gammacor (both Mr 8) and spira prime are available. 

However it is worth to level all of the weapons up to increase your MR. Try to find a clan with some research done there are some good weapons too like marelok dragon nikana and much more. Don't worry about your mastery rank you will level up really quickly. 

Just a note at the end I'm sorry I forgot any good primary or secondary this are just mu favourites at the end it all comes down to personal preference ;) 

On 3/31/2016 at 0:15 AM, jezym said:

an AoE weapon for crowd control, - syntoid simulor

a silent weapon for stealth - dread (bow)

plus a fast melee weapon. - alot of melee weapons fit this description ,the nikana prime or a sword with crimson dervish are both fast and have decent damage

Edited by Ioeper32

Being a sub-30 day player myself here is what I do.

I picked 4 weapons: dex sybaris, marelock, galatine and dex dakra which I keep, especially if I'm going into something decently hard that needs a catalyst/forma weapon

Then I one by one rotate through pretty much everything cheap...even stuff I hate carrying (like the Seer) for mastery rank. I've seen a few players who have stalled thier MR progress by maining certain weapons (especially when they are given or luck into prime stuff) and never going back to weapons list. If I am just farming the starchart or doing defense t1-t2 defense missions most of the time I'm carrying a crappy weapon I level passively, even if I never really use it.

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 6:15 PM, jezym said:

Hello everyone,

I've leveled up all my starter weapons as well the Dex weapons that were given so I'm looking to buy new primary, secondary and melee weapons 

I was thinking of getting an AoE weapon for crowd control, a silent weapon for stealth plus a fast melee weapon.  I'm not sure if the primary or secondary should be silent.

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Get the furis asap. Thers a new loka syndicate mod that gives you free life steal and places this weapon among the best secondarys in the game!

Primary: tonkor for o.p. ae damage, (synoid) simulor for CC+damage

Melee: any dual sword type weapon. Become frickin monsters with the shadow debt mods as they have the best crit base in the game. My personal favorite are nikana type weapons. The best one is the nikana prime imo. N prime has a 20:20 mixed crit and status base on the strongest basedamage in the game. Gives you the possibility to make a mixed status+crit build what offers the strongest scaling damage in the game!

Build recommendation: viral status+crit. Additional slash finisher damage that scales from basedamage and crits, therefore ignores armor and shields on set and tick on halfed health. The status:

*Ignores corpus shields and attacks theyr low health

*Ignores grineer armor

*gives bonus damage vs infested

Makes the scaling in this game a frickin joke. Especially of you choose the naramon focus tree as you gain stealth while you slaughter the battlefield.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 31/03/2016 at 5:31 PM, (PS4)ChaoticChaos said:

Synoid Simulor is pretty amazing.

On 31/03/2016 at 6:34 PM, tomrair said:

I think your forgetting those are MR12 weapons. Jezym won't have access to them yet. So try not to get his/her hopes up

Your option right now is Vulkar (Sniper), Attica (Crossbow), Daikyu (Bow & Arrow), Dread (dropped by the stalker), Standard Paris, Zhuge (must get), Lex Prime, AkMagnus (dual pistols), despair (kunai) and that is all. These are just the primaries and secondariness that are availble at the MR zero.  

1.For primary I would recommend soma/soma prime if u have MR6 and Paris prime for silent weapon and for AOE only tonkor coz that thing can turn any thing upside down...because these are easy to get hands on and are powerful if  u modded them correctly...not the soma prime that one is a bit expensive

2.For secondary I can,t tell u any good one coz I my self don't use them much but would like to recommend pyrana coz it's fun and does decent damage too..

3.and now the most important weapon of a ninja...For this I would have recommended u dakra prime keeping ur MR in mind but since it's no longer available I would like u to give a try to nikana and later on you can upgrade to Dragon or primed version...you should also give a try to redeemer the shotgun melee the damage is insane even without potatoe...

Personally I believe Hek and Tonkor if properly built, can cover almost all your needs and carry you through end game.

Hek

Hek has become my favorite general purpose weapon in my arsenal. My Hek currently does almost 28 K damage per shell, and it could blow almost anything away with ease. In my experience, it can one shot kill a regular Grineer soldier in level 80s if most of the pellets hit.

Here is my build:

Notice the 96.5% status chance, together with the blast damage it deals, means that there is a very high change of knocking down the enemy even if not killing it.

1 Orokin Catalyst, 3 Formas and no primed mods for budget reasons. All except one mods shown below are pretty common. The only mod that is slightly harder to get is the Scattered Justice which can only be obtained from Steel Meridian syndicate offerings. I just bought one from another player for around 10 platinums.

yeBM8mx.jpg

Tonkor
Great AOE and damage, the only downside is that the grenades have a flight time and drop off, making it harder to aim for a single target at medium range. Most of the time this is not a problem for me, but for boss assassination, this gets a little annoying.

Edited by Haskall

On March 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM, tomrair said:

Why Tonkor? I have one as well but the grenades bounce around too much and I don't seem to kill as well with it

A great AOE weapon is the Sonicor.  It is a magnificent secondary and I use it more often than my primary when it's maxed.  Ivara + Suppressed Sonicor = Solo T2 Survival with invisible ease!

Primaries with good crowd control would be the Amprex, but I think you need to be MR6 for that?  Amprex needs a lot of work (~4 forma and a catalyst) in order to fulfill its maximum potential, but if you put the work into it, you will be VERY happy with it.

Galatine is a magnificent melee weapon with a maxed Fury mod on it.  You can get the Cleaving Whirlwind stance mod for relatively cheap in the trade chat (I'm selling mine for 10p, lol) and then you just lawnmower your enemies into oblivion.