Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma fast small rework/tweaks

IfritKajiTora

Chroma is a good powerfull Warframe but need a good control of his abilities, and he need some changes of his abilities.

1. Spectral scream it does to small amount of damage, and status chance arent that good, its a turn ON-OFF ability. I prefer it to change to one press ability that cast realy fast and cost 25 energy.

Fire - 100% status fire and all fire damage deals 3x damage for 7seconds (make enemies weaker to fire element).

Ice - freeze targets for 3 seconds, and crushed enemies will explode applying 100% cold status in range.

Electric - 100% status electric and it can chain to other enemies in range.

Posion - 100% poison status and blind enemies for 3 seconds (blinds because of poison in their eyes)

2.Elemental Ward, is a good ability but it should work with team mates, it works but the range is too short:

Elemental Ward should have 25 meters radius, and works like Rhino Roar. If team mates are in range while using it, they will get elemental ward buff and they don't need to be in Chroma elemental Ward range to hold the buff.

3.Vex Armor is fine as it is now so it don't need any changes, only synergies with his powers and refresh in any time we want.

Vex Armor affect Effigy and Spectral scream. Armor multiplier affect Effigy armor and Damage multiplier affects Effigy damage, Spectral scream damage and Elemental Ward damage.

While Vex Armor is in use, you can use Vex Armor again to refresh its timer and buff multipliers. So if we are not in fight our shield is loaded to max and we have left Vex Armor 12 seconds, we can use it again to delete our buffs and refresh its timer. Many times I found it frustrating, that I can't refresh its timer when my Shield is regenerated and my Vex Armor duration ends in the fight.

4.Effigy is fine as it is now but energy cost is too big.

Change effigy energy cost from 10 per second to 5, because he have already a Huge disadvantage while effigy is ON, Half armor.

And Health regen 25 per second, affected by power strength. Right now without Life strike, Rejuvenation aura or health restores, chroma will just fall after time. So he should have any health regen. So this is little risky because you have half of armor. And now Chroma don't need Life strike and don't need to run with melee all the time.

Augment mod:

Effigy Partner:

Chromas armor move with him, works as sentinel. Or just make that we can press X on Effigy to make it folow us, and again X to make it stay in the place.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Looks awesome! And i mean it! :thumbup: 

2 minutes ago, Djego27 said:

Even if the blind on poison is debatable, given how powerful it is combined with Chromas damage and finisher attacks.

Well, it would make toxic viable finally. Most peope go ice or fire anyway so i see no problem with that.

49 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Well, it would make toxic viable finally. Most peope go ice or fire anyway so i see no problem with that.

Toxic is viable, it's just far too niche, because not many weapons are really held back by their reload speed. Toxin Chroma makes the Santi Tigris absurdly powerful. ~20k burst, boosted to preposterous heights by Vex Armor, with less than a second downtime? 

The problem is that really only the Sancti Tigris, and a few others that I could probably count with my fingers, get a tangible benefit from Toxin Ward, so it's just not worth using with an overwhelming majority of the weapons in the game. 

Edited by Gurpgork

no to the refresh of vexing armor, i know many people complain that it leaves them at a disadvantage but the thing is vexing armor its one of the strongest self buffs on the game, it needs a form of drawback/control to prevent it from geting out of control, it works perfectly fine as it is and also makes the player to be aware of his resources at all times, not just a press button to be indestructible (a la old iron skin).

Personally i tink spectral scream needs to be a single one shoot of each element with diferent after efects.

Fire:  classic fireball that explodes on place and deals damage

Lightning: Long range punchtrough atack (just like the mages classic lighting volt)

Ice: Ice ball that also creates a small area of cold (similar to frost)

Poison: same as above but instead creates an area of poison

All the above have diferent durations based both on duration and power strenght, this would give them a bit mroe variety and usefullness

Alternatibely DE could change spectral scream to self buffs OR move the elemental ward buffs here and instead strenghten elemental ward.

On 4/10/2016 at 10:38 AM, viamont said:

no to the refresh of vexing armor, i know many people complain that it leaves them at a disadvantage but the thing is vexing armor its one of the strongest self buffs on the game, it needs a form of drawback/control to prevent it from geting out of control, it works perfectly fine as it is and also makes the player to be aware of his resources at all times, not just a press button to be indestructible (a la old iron skin).

I'd agree with you, but given how we have Wukong and Valkyr who both have literal God Modes built into their kits (and Wukong's Defy gives him up to ~14 seconds of full invulnerability) while Valkyr's Ultimate is a full-on toggle, I don't think the whole "drawback/control" argument holds up as well. Perhaps there could be a short window after Vex Armor expires where Chroma can recast it to receive a percentage of the buff back, instead of starting from 0. It'd make him more aware of his surroundings, but not make him flee for cover (I'd say 50% is a good starting point, but it could scale with Power Strength up to 75% or something).

I agree with everything except with the recastable vex armor, vex armor applies the armor buff after other armor modifiers (i.e steel fiber) and the damage buff is insane, i literally kill level +100 enemies with body count and blood rush like they are butter, the only limitation is when the ability wears off and i have to get the bonuses again, making it recasteable would be terribly OP.

32 minutes ago, Rhaenxys said:

I agree with everything except with the recastable vex armor, vex armor applies the armor buff after other armor modifiers (i.e steel fiber) and the damage buff is insane, i literally kill level +100 enemies with body count and blood rush like they are butter, the only limitation is when the ability wears off and i have to get the bonuses again, making it recasteable would be terribly OP.

At the same time we got Valkyr toggleable immortality...

On 4/10/2016 at 5:52 AM, IfritKajiTora said:

1. Spectral scream

I like your changes.

2.Elemental Ward,

I don’t think it really needs the help, but I wouldn’t mind it.

3.Vex Armor

Perhaps it could use a QoL-boost like this, thoujgh I don’t think it’s entirely needed. What does need to happen is Concealed Explosives/Thunderbolt being affected by Vex Armor’s damage buff.

So he should have any health regen.

Fire Chroma’s Elemental Ward heals him. Perhaps instead of simple health regen, the Effigy could store a % of the damage it deals and heal you by that amount when you deactivate it.

1 hour ago, KorpusKrewman said:

At the same time we got Valkyr toggleable immortality...

And wukong, trinity 99% blessing and much more but that doesnt mean we can give chroma recasteable vex armor, he can easily reach 3000 armor, he is like the perfect candidate for a quick thinking + primed flow build, with vex armor damage buff + a melee with blood rush and body count he can easily surpass hysteria damage.

Edited by Rhaenxys

10 hours ago, SquidTheSid said:

I'd agree with you, but given how we have Wukong and Valkyr who both have literal God Modes built into their kits (and Wukong's Defy gives him up to ~14 seconds of full invulnerability) while Valkyr's Ultimate is a full-on toggle, I don't think the whole "drawback/control" argument holds up as well. Perhaps there could be a short window after Vex Armor expires where Chroma can recast it to receive a percentage of the buff back, instead of starting from 0. It'd make him more aware of his surroundings, but not make him flee for cover (I'd say 50% is a good starting point, but it could scale with Power Strength up to 75% or something).

heres the thing...chroma keeps his ranged weapons unlike valkyr, furthermore vexing armor buffs ALL his weapons...he literally can turn a stick on a weapon of mass destruction and i have done it, back when prisma skana was released i took it to a T2 tower and just using vexing armor i made it viable to kill enemys 40+....with NO mods on it.

Valkyr on the other hand altought it can do a lot of damage and negate many tyhing thanks to it shes still heavily vulnerable to energy drain based units, nuliffiers, manics and thigs like that, unlike chroma she cant just pull back pull out her ranged weapons and deal with this enemys without having to first shrug off trhe damage she has acumulated on histeria, as much as people complain about valkyr she still has many things that hold her back, specially his underwelming CC

Having vexing armor being recastable doesnt make players be "more" aware of their resources, its the contrary, It will make them become lazy, the point of vexing armor timer and not being recastable its to make you the player away that altought its a tremendously powerfull buff you still need to be smart and know when it will drop.

Wukong immortality isnt that good, its great but it also demands you to keep away of your energy life and other factors, it keeps you aware of what are you doing.

So no, vexing armor doesnt need a refresh, its perfectly fine as it is.

4 hours ago, Rhaenxys said:

the only limitation is when the ability wears off and i have to get the bonuses again, making it recasteable would be terribly OP.

What I mean with recasting VEX ARMOR is that, when you recast it all your bonuses reset just went to 0.

What I want is just, when I'm not in fight and my shield got regenerated I don't want to go to another fight with 9 seconds VEX ARMOR left. I want to Recast it to have 40seconds of it and get again damage to my shield to gain armor.

Thats just it.

Chroma is my main warframe. I think he is incredibly powerful, and that those changes would make him too strong.

Spectral Scream is nearly unusable, and the only thing that would really help it is range. There's barely any reason to use it over a good melee weapon. I'd also like to see its status chance boosted. It could also work if it got a  huge boost in damage, but I'd rather spread status at a distance.

Elemental Ward is fine, in my opinion. I do like the fact that it works like an eximus aura, so I wouldn't want it to be like Rhino's roar. I do think it could use a slight boost in range though. Too much range would make it overpowering with certain warframes.

Vex Armor would definitely be overpowered if it was recastable. I'm pretty sure the point is to have high health and shields every minute or so, to make the best use of it. Timing it with Elemental Ward is key in maximizing its usefulness at high levels, and what I love about it. I wouldn't mind it being recastable, if the bonuses degraded over time, so to have the maximum damage bonus, you'd need to have just taken damage, if you shields don't recharge, you'll eventually loose the armor bonus.

I think Effigy is fine as it is. I wouldn't mind seeing its energy usage reduced though. I would really love to see an augment that makes it work like a specter.As useful as the ability is, I think it's boring to use, especially as a fourth ability. I think an alternative, cool augment would be one that lets you switch between playing as the effigy and main Chroma. Maybe not even as an augment, and just something to Spectral Scream's main function while Effigy is in use.

I also think Chroma could use a slight resistance to whatever element he's using.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I also think Chroma could use a slight resistance to whatever element he's using.

Maybe DE will put it as his passive : P. Chroma already have passive that he is changing element depending on his energy colour, but yeah, its not helping in the fight.

50% elemental Resistance, depending on what element you are use.

Fire = 50% less damage from fire status and damage.

Poison = 50% less damage from poison status and damage.

Cold = 50% less slowness from ice status and auras or ice on the ground, and 50% less shield reduction from ice maps.

Electric = 50% less damage from electric, but I see almost no electric damage from enemies and its status doesnt do any bad thing, so :/ it need something more in that case, maybe +50% faster shield recharge.

On 4/10/2016 at 8:52 AM, IfritKajiTora said:

Chroma is a good powerfull Warframe but need a good control of his abilities, and he need some changes of his abilities.

1. Spectral scream it does to small amount of damage, and status chance arent that good, its a turn ON-OFF ability. I prefer it to change to one press ability that cast realy fast and cost 25 energy.

2.Elemental Ward, is a good ability but it should work with team mates, it works but the range is too short:

3.Vex Armor is fine as it is now so it don't need any changes, only synergies with his powers and refresh in any time we want.

4.Effigy is fine as it is now but energy cost is too big.

good post... these changes would improve chroma dramatically... and i play chroma now quite often. 

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

2 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

good post... these changes would improve chroma dramatically... and i play chroma now quite often. 

Yeah I maded decent build I can go with him on Sorties 3 level 100 and its not that easy to survive, but he is realy hard to kill if you control his Vex Armor and thats make him awesome, and if he lose health he gain a lot of damage boost so he makes almost all weapons viable. So I found him realy awesome, but his 1 is useless and 4 eats too much energy, 4 is good to defend something or someone for a short time.