The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE Made A Frame Obtainable Through PvP. Would That Stir A Problem?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

yes it would, it would be a HUGE problem for those who have no interest in PvP, which isn't even the main direction of the game anyway. at the end of the day Conclave is just a tacked-on mode to satisfy the competitive. Warframe's core aspect always has and always will be PvE. technically it's bad to have skins and cosmetics locked behind PvP, but I guess without them there wouldn't be much for the Conclave fans to work towards, aside from the satisfaction of winning. I'd promised myself I'd try Conclave if the Syandana lookedgood: it wasn't my kind of thing. would have gone for the Sybaris skin maybe if it weren't for the Dex version looking so damn good.

2 hours ago, Larsurus said:

One word: yes

A few more words: pvp is not part of the main direction of the game. Putting a frame behind a pvp wall would raise all kinds of hell from the players who have no interest in pvp, which is a vast majority.

true, I haven't played pvp since the archwing update came out. None of my friends play pvp either.

Wow, some of you are ridiculous.  You would quit the game over ONE frame made available in a mode you simply CHOOSE not to play? How does one frame affect the game you're playing right now? Most of you hate the newer frames anyway.

This game has enough content that I think they could afford to place a weapon or frame anywhere they want in the game and not detract from the overall experience. 

I think its a good thing to reward those players that show dedication to various parts of the game. Especially when there is soo much content thats practically given to us for little effort already. 

Its childish to act like you're entire world has collapsed because 1 or 2 items take a bit of effort to get. Thats like my son crying that his entire trip to the amusement park is ruined because he couldn't get that 1 cheap toy, even though he has an armful of toys and face stuffed with cotton candy (true story)

If the devs did make ONE frame attainable through PvP its not the end of the world and its not going to lead to a slippery slope of EVERYTHING being PvP focused.

It reallty irks me when a small vocal part of the player base tries to hold the devs hostage for any choice they make. It holds the game back more than anything. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You would quit the game over ONE frame made available in a mode you simply CHOOSE not to play?

Yes.

Many items in the game take "a bit of effort" to obtain. The difference between those items and a potentially PvP locked frame is that none of those other items require you to fight AGAINST other users to obtain them (certain cosmetic and PvP specific mods but the point remains) You can work together with other users, or go solo to obtain them.

Nobody is acting as if "their entire world has collapsed" by saying they would walk away from the game if it required you to fight other users in order to obtain an item in game. Your statement is a massive exaggeration. Finding a new game to play is hardly "the entire world collapsing"

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Wow, some of you are ridiculous.  You would quit the game over ONE frame made available in a mode you simply CHOOSE not to play? How does one frame affect the game you're playing right now? Most of you hate the newer frames anyway.

This game has enough content that I think they could afford to place a weapon or frame anywhere they want in the game and not detract from the overall experience. 

I think its a good thing to reward those players that show dedication to various parts of the game. Especially when there is soo much content thats practically given to us for little effort already. 

Its childish to act like you're entire world has collapsed because 1 or 2 items take a bit of effort to get. Thats like my son crying that his entire trip to the amusement park is ruined because he couldn't get that 1 cheap toy, even though he has an armful of toys and face stuffed with cotton candy (true story)

If the devs did make ONE frame attainable through PvP its not the end of the world and its not going to lead to a slippery slope of EVERYTHING being PvP focused.

It reallty irks me when a small vocal part of the player base tries to hold the devs hostage for any choice they make. It holds the game back more than anything. 

Such a decision could be the nail in the coffin - while DE is a great company and Warframe is a great game, there have been many, many bad decisions that could boil to a tipping point of no return (as in not returning to the game).

(No I probably wouldn't leave the game right away if at all but I definitely would consider switching my review to Negative because after 3.25 years of loyalty, I'm sick of being :poop: on by different things.)

[Furthermore, everything in this thread is all hot air from a hypothetical situation.]

Edited by Lanieu

PVP is not like another PVE-Mode, ost ppl that are good at long survivals are good at long defs too, but PVP is somehting completely different... 

If you could get it from one spot, even if you lose, maybe but not only on win pls

YES! it is a TERRIBLE idea.

I have no interest in PvP, EVER!

Please don't give DE any ideas to force players to play a part of the game they have no interest in or penalize them for not doing PvP by withholding a frame unless the PvP.

Alerts, missions, quests, are fine but not PvP. It handicaps players who have poor connections or old PCs. at least with PvE missions or quests a team can help if it is too difficult to solo.

Absolutely. Warframe is a pve oriented game. Pvp was added as an extra for players that do enjoy it. But its no big part. Gamers that are attracted to warframe are attracted to its pve origins. 

If a pvp exclusive warframe would be added I would lose my sh*t. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

So I was thinking about how frames are obtainable in different ways. We obtain frames from

-Quests

-Bosses

-Time Limited Bosses (Nyx parts)

-Sorties

-Quests

-Alerts

-Spies

-Eximus Units

-Clan

-Quests (PvE)

-Bosses (PvE)

-Time Limited Bosses (Nyx parts) (PvE)

-Sorties (PvE)

-Quests (PvE)

-Alerts (PvE)

-Spies (PvE)

-Eximus Units (PvE)

-Clan (PvE)

everything listed above the main focus of the game, PvE. You know what isn't the main focus? PvP. to those who say "reward the players that play that mode." they get skins and the ability to whack each other with sticks. nothing more. Locking a skin to PvP only is a horrible idea, basically forcing the mass majority of the population to buy something which isn't warframe's thing.