Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] What you should know about Conclave

Neah

Question

With the constant updates Conclave is receiving, it is hard to keep track of all the changes & all the differences it has to PvE, so here's a simple but (hopefully) comprehensive guide to all the Conclave differences / quirks to get you into the game. Know that this may not cover all the points, just most of the obvious (or not so obvious) changes.

*This guide is directed towards newer players who are unfamiliar to Conclave and are looking to get into it. It does not however, include guides on what to do (playstyles, meta etc.), but just general information on what you should know about Conclave that differs from the standard game. 

Google Document Link : here
Updated as of : The War Within
Note : This guide covers the Regular Conclave mechanics (Lunaro is not included!)

Contents :
1) General / Matchmaking
2) Affectors
3) Warframe differences 
4) Parkour / Maneuvers
5) Weapons
6) Bow (Flight speeds)
7) Melee
8) Energy & Health orbs
9) Ammo Pickups
10) Misc.

1) General / Matchmaking :
1. You DO NOT require Conclave Sigils to gain Standing in Conclave. 
2. Players that are ranked 2 and below in the Conclave Syndicate have an option in the Conclave tab called Recruit Conditioning, enabling this pairs you with players who are also rank 2 and below the Conclave Syndicate. They are essentially, new players.
3. Ascending above rank 3 automatically removes Recruit Conditioning, and there is no turning back. So be mindful of that and make sure to purchase some mods from Teshin before continuing further to help you along your way. 
4. Challenges do not count towards the Daily Standing limit.
5. There are a maximum of two Daily Challenges per game mode, click on the Challenge and it will direct you to the associated game mode. (Credits : Roboplus)
6. You have to complete all the weekly Challenges to get the weekly reward (not just one of them). Completing the weekly Challenge will reward you with 100,000 credits, 50,000 Standing, 10x Rare resource of a kind, and a Stance mod (Yes, Vengeful Revenant included). (Credits : Roboplus)
7. The AFK-timer in Conclave is significantly shorter, which is 120 seconds. If you are idle for more than 60 seconds, you are automatically kicked out from public matches.
8. You can play alone to explore maps, practice parkour in "Friends only" mode or any other private matchmaking mode. Kills & deaths in private matches are not counted in your profile stats.
9. Falling into voids (Teleport volumes) are fatal.
10. Credits in Conclave is proportional to the Standing you gain in the match, giving 6x the amount of credits per standing.
11. Upon reaching 2:30 / Player reaching 20 kills / Team capturing 4 cephalons, triggers a condition named "Energy Surge", which doubles the energy restored upon pickup (50 energy), and increases energy regeneration of frames to 1.5 per second from 1.0 per second. This condition will persist once activated until the match ends.

2) Affectors :
These are special 'events' that happen randomly (like alerts), games played while an Affector is active gives double Standing (This also includes the Standing gained from Challenges. i.e. if you have a 3000 reward Challenge done in that round ,it will reward 6000 instead, alongside the Standing earned in that game) & mission rewards (mods & credits). If you are already in a game, an icon in the top middle section will appear if any Affectors are currently active.

There are 5 types of Affectors : 
1. Energy Flux : Energy orbs respawns twice as fast (every 30 seconds) and restores double energy (50 energy per pickup). Frames also regenerate energy at double the rate, (2.00 energy / second) This also multiplies with the Energy Surge in game to restore 100 energy or regenerate 3.00 energy per second.
2. Showdown : Secondary weapons' damage are doubled 
3. Martial Law : Melee weapons' damage are doubled
4. Potency : Abilities' damage are doubled
5. Overpowered : Combines all four modes (Energy Flux, Showdown, Martial Law and Potency)

2.1) Status Effects :
1. Heat Status duration is 4 seconds in Conclave, usually 3 in PvE.
2. Freeze Status reduces overall Mobility by 50% in Conclave from 4 seconds.
3. Radiation Status duration is 6 seconds in Conclave instead of 3 seconds.
4. Corrosive Status is now 6 seconds in Conclave instead of 3 seconds. 
  4.1 Corrosive procs reduces Armor by 25%, effect does not stack with multiple procs.
5. Magnetic Status duration is 6 seconds in Conclave instead of 3 seconds.
  5.1 Magnetic Status only removes Energy above 50% of your total in Conclave.
  5.2 Magnetic Status HUD corruption FX is removed in Conclave.
6. Staggers don't force an uninterruptable animation, it disables jump and slows run speed for 2 seconds in Conclave.

3) Warframe differences :
1. Shields have a 5 second timer before recharging after it is damaged, receiving further fire during this time does not reset the timer. However, if you are hit after regeneration has kicked in, the timer is reset to 5 seconds.
2. Shields have a regeneration rate of (10 + (0.05 * Max Shields)) per second.         i.e. (Limbo with 100 shields will regenerate shields at 15 per second)
3. Health, Shield and armor values of Warframes differ from their PvE counterparts, their relative EHP difference is still there, but the difference between both high and low ends are not as significant compared to PvE. Frames' base EHP range from 245~320 EHP. For a more comprehensive breakdown, take a look at Kontrollo's post here.
4. Energy is capped at 100 energy base for all warframes
5. Frames have an innate 1.00 energy regen per second, increases to 1.50 during Energy Surge.
6. Warframe health types are comprised of : Ferrite armor, Shields and Flesh (instead of Alloy armor)
7. All frames have innate Handspring, so you recover faster from knockdowns
8. All frames have innate 4 second immunity after first Stagger or Knockdown, the immunity is exclusive to the specific conditions, meaning you can be Staggered, and then knocked down in the space of 4 seconds.
9.  Dodge rolling only reduces damage from environmental damage (Fire, Electric floors etc.) by 75%, but does not reduce damage received from gunfire. There is a mod (Armored Evade) that can do so at the cost of mobility. Rolling & dodging does not prevent knockdowns (Update: Lunaro 3)
10. Channeled ultimates require 100 energy to cast, even if activation energy is below 100.

4) Parkour :
1. The velocity of your parkour abilities depend on Mobility, this includes : Bullet Jump, Rolling distance, dodging distance and slide distance. Distance Reference here
2. Jumping height, wall hopping distance, sprint speed, are independent of Mobility.
3. Wall latching lasts 6 seconds, reset upon touching solid ground, you do not have to wait for it to recover, touch ground, and you immediately have 6s wall latch again.

5) Weapons in general : 
1. Although most weapons have their damage stats changed in Conclave, nearly all of them function mechanically identical to their PvE counterparts. (Meaning accuracy, shot spread, rate of fire, reload speed are the same) The exceptions to this rule are melee weapons, which has significant changes to their PvE counterparts, listed below. 
2. Most AoE weapons have a very harsh falloff with distance, and have their AoE range reduced. Exception to this rule is the Staticor, which deals the same damage regardless of where you are from the point of impact {the AoE range however, is reduced (having ~3m range)}. However, direct body hits deal more damage and is independent of AoE.
3. Headshot damage. Instead of having Critical chance & damage, only headshots deal bonus damage. AoE weapons like the Castanas, Ogris, Penta etc. do not have headshot bonuses and cannot use headshot specific mods.

For comprehensive stats of weapons in Conclave, look here (stats are written in csv for easy exporting to Excel spreadsheets).

6) Bows :
Base charged arrow flight speeds are faster than their PvE counterparts : 

Dread : 100 m/s 
Mk-1 Paris : 114.75 (115) m/s
Paris/Cernos : 150 m/s
Paris Prime : 180 m/s
Daikyu : 202.5 m/s

7) Melee system :
1. Charged, slide, jump slam, and directional aerial attacks do not have their own damage, but instead deals the same base damage
2. There are no Slam attacks on quick melee, meaning no AoE damage nor knockdowns. The exception to this rule are Fist type weapons only, with a 2m knockdown radius. 
3. 'Pause' combos get a stagger on the attack input before the 'pause' while the attack following the 'pause' gets 2x damage. (Credits to Nazrethim)

Spoiler

Example:

E>E>pause>E = Attack>Attack (Stagger)>pause>Attack (2x damage).

If the input after the pause triggers a multihit attack all hits get the 2x multiplier:

E (1 hit)>E(1 hit)>pause>E(5 hit, 2x damage).

4. Slide attacks no longer staggers opponents. Fist and Sparring weapons are an exception and does stagger or knockdown enemies hit.
5. Jat kittag slam radius is 5m instead of 10m
6. Glaive type weapons' explosion on channeling has 1m radius instead of 5m, this does not deal bonus damage.
7. Stance damage multipliers are different from PvE, they do not have bonus damage multipliers. (Credits to Nazrethim)
8. As of The Silver Grove : Hotfix 3, blocking angle is now reduced to 45 degrees to each side from the center of your crosshair (90 degrees total, previously was 180 degrees)
9. Energy cost for Channeled blocking is 10 damage per point of Energy, meaning you have ~1000 effective health at 100 Energy.

8) Energy & Health orbs :
1. Initial Energy orb spawns 30 seconds into the match, while Health orbs are spawned readily when the match begins.
2. As of Update : The Index Preview, Energy orbs now spawn based on player count. 1 for 2-3 players, 2 for 4-6 and all for 7-8. They are also marked on the minimap.
3. Energy orbs respawn every 60 seconds after pickup, and restores 25 energy on pickup
4. Upon triggering the Energy Surge condition, energy restored upon pickup is doubled to 50 energy. (Refer to General for Energy Surge's explanation)
5. Health orbs respawn every 20 seconds after pickup, and restores 30 health on pickup

9) Ammo pickups
There are no specific ammo type pickups, however, each weapon gains differing amounts of ammo upon pickup. Ammo pickups respawn 30 seconds after being picked up.
LMGs / Assault rifles / Crossbows : 60 ammo per pickup
Shotguns : 10 ammo per pickup
Sniper rifles / bows / grenade launchers : 5 ammo per pickup
Secondaries (all types) : 40 ammo per pickup 

10) Misc : 
1. You cannot chat (written or voice) with the opposing team in Team Annihilation or CTC modes, nor can they see waypoints placed by your teammates & you. 
2. Many Frames have their ability effects changed, and a few weapons with 'special' mechanics are changed but it is too numerous to name them all, if you have questions about specific frames or weapons, ask about them below!

If there's anything I missed, feel free to correct me below!
P.S : If you like Conclave and wish to seek advice from Conclave regulars, visit this forum thread here, and join the community Conclave Discord server!

Edits :

Spoiler

Edit #1 :
Update Lunaro :
・Base energy regen of Frames are now tripled, from 0.25 / second to 0.75 / second
・Base Shield regeneration delay for Frames is now reduced to 4 seconds from 10

Update Lunaro 3 :
・Base Shield regeneration delay for Frames is now reverted to 10 seconds
・Rolling and dodging no longer prevents knockdowns.

Update Specters of the Rail :
・Health orbs now restore 30 health instead of 50, and respawns every 20 seconds after pickup instead of 120

Update : The Silver Grove 
・Shields now begin to regenerate after 5 seconds, and at a decreased rate of (10+ (0.05*Max Shields) , instead of (10+ (0.05*Max Shields)*(1+0.9) (used to have Fast Deflection)

Update : The Index Preview
・Status procs have been udpated, and energy regeneration have been changed from 0.75 base to 1.00 base and 1.50 during Energy Surge (same as before).

Edited by Neah

19 answers to this question

Melee:

-Stance multipliers: Disabled all pve multipliers. 'pause' combos get a stagger on the 'E' input before the 'pause' while the input following the 'pause' gets 2x damage.

Example:

E>E>pause>E = Attack>Attack (Stagger)>pause>Attack (2x damage).

If the input after the pause triggers a multihit attack all hits get the 2x multiplier:

E (1 hit)>E(1 hit)>pause>E(5 hit, 2x damage).

Nikanas NO LONGER have a 2x multiplier, all pause combos deal normal damage (All 3 stances affected)

-Slide attacks don't stagger opponents. Exception: Fist weapons.

Edited by Nazrethim

10 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Nikanas NO LONGER have a 2x multiplier, all pause combos deal normal damage (All 3 stances affected)

To confirm, does this mean that Nikanas dealt 2x damage on the attack before the pause, and 4x damage on the attack after (before being changed), and is now doing normal damage like other melee types?

Just now, Neah said:

To confirm, does this mean that Nikanas dealt 2x damage on the attack before the pause, and 4x damage on the attack after (before being changed), and is now doing normal damage like other melee types?

It never had a 2x multiplier on the attack before the pause, the 2x multiplier was always on the hit after the pause, which is the dash, which is actually a 5 hit attack, so that combo was dealing 10 hits worth of damage, good unchanneled, broken channeled, now it deals normal damage on all combos on all hits on all 3 stances. It was a whooping 50% damage nerf to that weapon type since no other combos have multipliers. Other melee still have the 2x multiplier on the hit after the pause, that's why Shattering Storm Hammer-stab and Swirling Tiger's Winding Claws deal so much damage and why weapons without pause combos are so sh*tty in general for combo fight.

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

It never had a 2x multiplier on the attack before the pause, the 2x multiplier was always on the hit after the pause, which is the dash, which is actually a 5 hit attack, so that combo was dealing 10 hits worth of damage, good unchanneled, broken channeled, now it deals normal damage on all combos on all hits on all 3 stances. It was a whooping 50% damage nerf to that weapon type since no other combos have multipliers. Other melee still have the 2x multiplier on the hit after the pause, that's why Shattering Storm Hammer-stab and Swirling Tiger's Winding Claws deal so much damage and why weapons without pause combos are so sh*tty in general for combo fight.

I see, thanks for clarifying! I have always thought that Guiding Light dealt 500% damage on the dash attack but not 5x hits. From the animation I assumed that it was a single hit with a massive damage boost. 

48 minutes ago, N64Gamefreak said:

AutoHotkey is allowed, right?  And it can give you an advantage in Conclave, right?  Since I don't use it and have no interest in doing so, how do I avoid players that do use it?

If there is somebody using macros in Conclave, generally there's no avoiding it other than not playing with the guy (you think is) using macros. 

Since DE is very vague about the specific conditions that warrant a ban in the context of macros, there is nothing much we can do as players, other than reporting it if you think that they are violating the general rules of the game, i.e. exploiting faster-than-human key presses to achieve certain maneuvers, etc.. Generally (or at least I think that) there is an unwritten rule that disallows usage of macros in Conclave, but it is up to the individuals to decide for themselves.

The daily challenges are for specific game modes. Clicking the challenge will select the mode it must be completed in.

Completing a weekly challenge does nothing, but completing all 3 will get you, among other things, 50,000 conclaive rep.

On 13/4/2016 at 10:38 AM, Neah said:

Nikana Stances do not benefit from the 2x damage boost with the attack after the 'pause'.

The bonus was removed due to Blind Justice¡s Guiding Light, since the removal of PvE Stances from Conclave and addition of Conclave stances the 2x damage on the hit after pause is back for Nikanas, as Fateful Truth's Sudden Spring combo can nearly oneshot anything squishy.

9 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I have two questions.

1. How do people get so damn good at aiming? Half the time I wonder if it's aimbot or not.
  2. Gunblades, they don't have a special Conclave stance. So how do they work?

1. Practice, lots and lots of it. That's about all there is to it. You wanna get better, play more.  
2. Gunblades are currently not available for use in Conclave.

7 hours ago, Neah said:

1. Practice, lots and lots of it. That's about all there is to it. You wanna get better, play more.  
2. Gunblades are currently not available for use in Conclave.

1. Well good to know people ain't cheating.
  2. But I wanted to redeem myself with the Redeemer :(

7 hours ago, Extroah said:

I kinda want to give it a shot, but im a fulltime melee player and dont really plan on changing to secondary or primary, even though i dont suck with them, so i doubt that i will go far in the conclave.

Trust me, there are ways for fulltime melee players to go far-ish in Conclave...

Not ones I personally approve of, but there are ways.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:46 AM, Extroah said:

I kinda want to give it a shot, but im a fulltime melee player and dont really plan on changing to secondary or primary, even though i dont suck with them, so i doubt that i will go far in the conclave.

Melee only is supported by specific melee only mods redeemable from teshin, and melee block and reflect are very effective. In general, make sure you redeem the conclave stances from teshin.

Melee only can work against 90% of players in general, and is even effective against the remaining 10% as an ambush weapon.

Add subject525 and observe his play in conclave with a skana ;)

Edited by Pythadragon