Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Worrisome That This Game Still Has No Objective

Qb3rt

how could someone not agree? that's why all the updates worry me, they add more guns, and what's the point? what the hell are we supposed to do with those guns?

You use the guns to farm mats for the 10 melee weapons they introduce each time one gun is introduced. End game? Whoneeds it when you buy more swords!

As it currently stands, there isn't a huge story incentive to play. In fact, unless one reads up on it, listens to the streams, or picks up on what tiny fraction of information Lotus hands out- the story is almost non-existent in context to the actual game and how it works. You have, literally, zero impact on anything that goes on in the game and everything you do achieve can be done without any knowledge of the backstory or the characters. So that's out of the way.

I wouldn't say it's fair to compare this game to Monster Hunter. For one, there is a lot more world presence to Monster Hunter and less of "more of the same". Creatures like the Lagiacrus or the Durambaros have entirely different strategies and themes and are fought in completely different ways (undewater vs thick jungle/plains). The "areas" are more diverse than Warframe's current set of planets, meaning they are distinguished not only by what lives there, but what you can get from there- where our Warframes current level set is more of an "assortment", if you will. I will try to elaborate: the volcano area in MH3U is a dangerous zone. You need cold drinks just to make it through there alive if you don't have some major fire resistance charms or equipment. The creatures that live there ARE fire based or ones that are designed with sturdy hides/scales. It's one of the only zones where you can mine very rare (and very hot) materials. In fact, there is one mission that helps further the concept of heat in the volcano- like trying to transport hot rocks back to base. In Warframe? There is no such world presence. If a ship has a malfunctioning cryo-unit or is on fire, it's simply a hazard that gets in the way, and in fact, it is negligible at best. It has no impact on the enemies or how you play. Even if one is to consider the frozen lands of the Corpus, there is nothing about the environment that helps define the planet you are on. Corpus there are exactly the same as the Corpus anywhere else on the galaxy- and the fighting conditions aren't changed. It's just a coat of paint. Couple this with the fact that Monster Hunter is famous for having incredibly diverse bosses and a crushingly challenging difficulty and you have the reason why Capcom has made a ton off of that franchise alone (it practically sold the PSP overseas).

Warframe needs a lot more work on the gameplay end of things. I'm actually surprised they decided to base rank off of weapons entirely, though- since it would make more sense to base it on game completion. I was even expecting them to limit special missions if you weren't a high-ranking Tenno (like in an actual military force) and give players long lasting rewards for reaching rank milestones instead of using it as an arbitrary mechanic to limit weapon use. We'll have to see in the next few months what DE has planned...

The funny thing is that you say an MMORPG has a purpose, but Warframe does not.

Endgame in an MMORPG is the exact same as warframe. Beating down bosses over and over again for rewards. Many MMORPGs, like Warframe, also lack things to do after acquiring the boss drops. The only reason you may think it is different, is because it takes much longer in your typical MMORPG to max out somehting than it does in Warframe.

Those bosses are way more fun to fight though, ever played World of Warcraft? You have to think, yes, think to kill some bosses, Warframe is just shooting and wait until he dies :/

Those bosses are way more fun to fight though, ever played World of Warcraft? You have to think, yes, think to kill some bosses, Warframe is just shooting and wait until he dies :/

That is a very good point. We need more bosses like Lech Krill :)

Though I will say that I enjoy Warframe's fast paced shooting over WoW's hotkey rotation stuff.

You dont have to think you just have learn the pattern and counter it.

That same thing is done here with some of the bosses.

You dont have to think you just have learn the pattern and counter it.

That same thing is done here with some of the bosses.

These aren't bosses. they are resized Disrupters, Grineer, And MOAs nothing unique about them just bullet sponges plz don't call these bosses.

I agree.

Today, I found all the mods I ever wanted.
The only thing left is handspring.

As I went into the game, I thought "What do I do after this?"

And ever since I have not played defense for Grineer, because I am afraid of getting the last mod I want, and "Beating" the game.

I was thinking that too.  The Safety Dance was my favorite.

Because in Wow most of the bosses arent blown up standard units..... right?

Please speak your bullsh1t about more things that you have absolutely no idea about. We already know that you know S#&$ about:

*game design*

*fun gameplay*

*mmorpgs*

Anything else that I missed?

Please speak your bullsh1t about more things that you have absolutely no idea about. We already know that you know S#&$ about:

*game design*

*fun gameplay*

*mmorpgs*

Why so hostile? Is posting opinions of experience on former things so bad?

Because in Wow most of the bosses arent blown up standard units..... right?

*game design*

*fun gameplay*

*mmorpgs*

Good to see this thread hasn't advanced past petty squabbling since I left.

*game design*

*fun gameplay*

*mmorpgs*

What you think i know about game design or whatever else has nothing to do with the fact that a bunch of WoW bosses are blown up version of normal mobs

x210.jpg

Lower Black Rock

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I think Warframe still have a objective :/

Cmon it still Open Beta

With 4 months until they have to have it done for the PS4 release. At which point PS4 scrubs and console focused review community will rip this thing apart. People will remember Dark Sector and more recently the Star Trek game.

The problem with Bosses is they can be learned, perfected, and become boring. Some of the better PvE fights I've seen in any game were when CCP introduced the Sleeper AI to EVE-Online, which got the PvE ships fighting "smarter" and more like real players. This made the fights both harder and more interesting. Right now the Warframe AI is rather lack luster and relies on bullet spungeyness to achieve difficulty.

General unit AI > Bosses.

It's why I'd like to see a L4D style mode where players take on the role of current units, not even specialized ones. Add a PvP challenge AND start feeding DE postion/action data they can use to generate better AI.

1. Get rid of warframe class-mod limitations and let a frame equip any mod from any warframe so we aren't so cookie cutter.  Hell make these hero-warframes and make them earnable.

2. Add more team buff skills, mass invisibility, fire and frost team weapon buffs, hots, dots, ae sleep, etc.

3. Have the mobs use all these skills vs the players.  ae sleep vs teams, shield stripping-grenades, etc.

4. Have some mobs that are immune to each of frost, fire, physical, etc. and can see invisibility

5. Create PVP-esque challenges.  Races's with no actual pvp fighting: capture the flag pvp races, kill the most mobs races, etc. 

Edited by Ravenshroud

I have many objectives... collect resources... collect credits... build my dojo... collect alert rewards... Build BPs... Collect everything in the game... beat everything in the game... collect ever mod... Figure out best configuration for Mods to my liking... Have fun feeling awesome... wait for Excalibur Alternate Skin and heads... Wait for more melee, and throwing weapon related gear... Wait for double jump, faster melee, and melee based warframesto be released...

Loosen up and have some fun.. I am...