Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where did Solar Landmark go?

sir_deadlock

Question

I was just wondering what happened to it. Is it hidden somewhere now?

I did pay good money to buy a solar landmark. It never mentioned an expiration date or a condition that my purchase may be discarded with future updates.

Most of the time I just glanced at it, but it was mine as much as excalibur prime.

I'm surprised more people aren't upset about the seemingly disappeared Solar Landmarks as much as they have been when somebody suggests DE reopen the availability of founder pack items. We shouldn't have to give up anything we paid for. Not even if it's small are frequently ignored.

I remember mine was on Io/Jupiter. If you had one, where was yours?

17 answers to this question

Solar Landmarks disappeared with the new star-chart, but, the new reworked start chart 3.0 that's coming up is similar to the old one, using linear progressive paths versus radial selections. So, those landmarks might behave like they used to once more. I don't see why they couldn't behave like they used to in Starchart 3.0, anyway.

Edit: Less disappeared, more changed.

Edited by AtoKitsune

4 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

What do you mean "click on your founder status"? Could you guide me to where you're talking about?

Am I allowed to be upset if they don't bring back Solar Landmarks when they update the star chart? Am I allowed to be upset right now because they aren't there right now?

Will being upset help anything at all?

Took a pic off the internet see just near the Grand Master icon there is the place where the mark is and if you click on the Icon you will have the lovely Miss Ford Voice saying Thank you.

PS: i dont know Dirty_Dwarf and dont own any right on this screen shot but still thank him for founding warframe.

LanJukB.jpg

it'll always be on your profile (and for now can be found in the list of names that scrolls on each Node), but don't be surprised if they change.

Steve talked about them once, that they may change in the future with how the game is changing.
but if they change, they would become more prominent and... 'impressive', rather than less.
the last i heard, was if things changed, they may become statues in the Relays, or things of that sort.

I dont have a solar landmark but when you go to your profile does it says that its not existing anymore ?

I must admit i never heard of any tenno losing their Founder benefit aside from being banned of course(wich is not your case as i see ^.^ ).

Edited by trunks013

1 minute ago, sir_deadlock said:

It is a Solar Landmark, not a profile icon. It's supposed to be located on the star map.

Yeah but when you click on your founder status its suposed to say where it is located and a thank message from the lotus no ?

Edited by trunks013

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

What do you mean "click on your founder status"? Could you guide me to where you're talking about?

2 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Am I allowed to be upset if they don't bring back Solar Landmarks when they update the star chart? Am I allowed to be upset right now because they aren't there right now?

Just now, sir_deadlock said:

Well, being upset doesn't really help. If Star Chart 3.0 doesn't bring back their functionality, there are plenty of Founders who'd probably join you in the Feedback section about it, since there's no reason that feature should be gone. But, for now, sitting on it is probably the best way to go.

Firstly- it's not gone, as a person above has shown you.

Secondly- people ACTUALLY would get upset about this? Seriously? Wow. Now I understand why DE is having such a big issue with the new solar map. They're probably afraid of actually fixing the problem and removing all of the WAY too many nodes that exist because founders will take up pitchforks over something that REALLY shouldn't matter to them.

23 hours ago, trunks013 said:

THERE YOU GO !

Thank you for the visual aid, it's exactly where you say it is ^_^ honestly was having trouble finding them last time I looked. I don't know why. It just seemed like it disappeared.

Not as easy to find as it used to be though :(.

23 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Secondly- people ACTUALLY would get upset about this?

Somebody destroys your home, you don't get upset? Somebody decides to take your grandfather's name off the WW2 fallen soldiers memorial, you don't get upset? Somebody takes your name out of the credits for something you helped make, you don't get upset?

Whether you care to respect it or not, I did my part to help make this game when the devs were asking for help and I am entitled to a place of recognition for my contribution. I'm not begging for attention here, I honestly thought the Solar Landmarks had vanished. I hadn't seen them in a long time, and when I went looking for them (I don't know why) I couldn't find them or even mine.

23 hours ago, taiiat said:

Steve talked about them once, that they may change in the future with how the game is changing.
but if they change, they would become more prominent and... 'impressive', rather than less.
the last i heard, was if things changed, they may become statues in the Relays, or things of that sort.

Something should be done. Apparently right now the scrolling names just confuse people since it's not explained what they are.

I'm not suggesting something intrusive. It could be a lost memorial site/exterminate mission somewhere or even a subtle object hunt like the Kuria hunt that people stumble across  while exploring the star chart , but people should at least be able to know what they're looking at.

On 4/19/2016 at 0:02 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Uhm ...

So that's how everybody else sees me.. situated right between DrButtface and NightStigma... I kind of wonder who these players are.

Apparently DrButtface doesn't exist anymore, but the friend request to NightStigma sent just fine.

Just checked their profile. From the look of it NightStigma abandoned the game after the Fomorian Sabotage event. That was a while ago.

I wonder how my other fellow Io founders are doing.

Albatrosse: GUDNE (given username does not exist)

Ahrtimmer: check and still active

Ninnybottoms: check, still active

Sabal: check, still active. Nice style too!

DiGiovvani: GUDNE

Pocketmouse8: check, last event participated in was Arid Fear.

chuckyFEZ: check, not super active. Most recent weapon looks like atomos

Ralsan: check. Interesting observation: they don't have any of their founder gear in their inventory. Never participated in an event.

Warhead961: check, last event was Cryotic Front. Has recent gear, so probably still active. Lots of non-maxed gear and rank 16, they probably don't care about mastery rank.

Dovahkiin_imoyan: check, still active

High-Five: check, still active

Lost-Knight: check, still active. Looks like they don't play as much as they used to though.

TheStalker_00: check, last event was Cicero Crisis, looks somewhat inactive.

Comiquette: check, still active

Z1000: check, still active

frozZzty: check, last event participated in was Gate Crash. They look mildly active

postum: check, looks like they took a break, then started playing again. last event was Eyes of Blight. Guess they're taking another break.

HiMAC4T: check, in the same clan as high-five, looks like they're taking a break since two events ago.

Spintflis: check, last event participated in was Cicero Crisis. Has a broken war, so probably came back to see what second dream was about.

LoadingMaster: GUDNE

Sheji: check. Plays sporadically it seems. Has a Saryn prime, so probably still somewhat active.

Velius315: check, last even was Tethra's Doom. Looks inactive.

Drednayt: check, last event participated in looks like gradvius

Kernkrieg: check, last event played was Fusion Moa.

r3n4m3: check, looks like they took a break between Gradvius and False Profit. If still active, probably not playing much.

Zinouga: check.... rank 0, no founder gear, like Ralsan. What's up with that?

Spawngregory: check, last event participated in was Cryotic Front. Doesn't appear active.

XaeroSignal: GUDNE

Shyapiere: GUDNE

Well, that's me paying my respect to my fellow Io founders. Thanks to everybody who helped me in this thread.

Edited by sir_deadlock
Sent friend requests. Saying how that went. Checked their profile, saying what that taught me.

2 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

Apparently right now the scrolling names just confuse people since it's not explained what they are.

they've literally always been like that though.
so that's a pretty contrived complaint, that somehow they're different now than they were years ago.

they've always been an unexplained list of names on each Node. if you're saying they've confused people since the program started, mkay maybe - but if not, then that's an empty complaint.

either way, i've already noted the last information of possible plans i heard of in regards to this subject.

20 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you're saying they've confused people since the program started, mkay maybe

Yeah. I haven't ever really asked in depth about how non-founders see the solar landmarks, but in this thread the responses I've seen were that one person also thought they had been removed, one person thought they should be removed, one person thought they were showing who was currently playing the mission, one person could care less and one person actually knew what and where they are. These results are not as consistent as they should be.

Is this the way it's always been?

P.S. I think I found out why I haven't seen them in a while. I normally log on, play a few alerts, call it good and log out. It seems that Solar Landmark names don't appear when a location is selected via alert.

Edited by sir_deadlock
Found out a thing.