Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro in relay notification

Spiros78

Where is Baro?

What relay is Baro in?

Why can't you just tell me where Baro is. It would take you like 2 words. Why do you have to be rude and tell me to look at the on-screen notice that shows up bi-weekly. You hate me, you hate new players, and are rude.

Nothing DE does will ever stop the flood of people asking where and when Baro is. DE could make a pop-up that stays on screen and requires 3 capita confirmations to clear, and people will still ask.

It won't stop until DE updates the the KickBot script to both

1. Inform people who ask where he is, how to find that information (by going to any relay and looking at his kiosk).
  2. Kicks said people from the chat.

There are people who are unable to follow clearly marked Quest Icons. People won't read News for event mechanics. No amount of hand-holding UI or notifications will help these people. Only quick sharp boots out of chat rooms, with clear reasons why they are getting the boot.

2 hours ago, Zookes said:

Just check the relay terminal every day or so. Let it be part of your Warframe login ritual.

Warframe Login Ritual:

Get Daily Tribute
Polish up guns and armor
Go to Relays (Simaris-Baro)
Do Syndicate Dailies
???
Profit.

Sounds legit :D

12 hours ago, spyros78 said:

Would be nice to have a notification, same as alert style, when Baro spawns in relay, during:

• game log in
  • mission end and return to ship

But there literally already is one.

You go into the relay right, then you go to the kiosk, and it says Barro surfacing at "relay" in "Hours"

Then you go to that relay and then, holy butts there's barro. It's like the kiosks know!

I suggested specific notification and u spoke of visiting relay? How didn't i think of that before you i wonder! If you have mood to go to relay every day, go ahead, not everyone has this mood though. Your replies are usefull as dust and u can go buy tents to camp in relay if u want. I never liked such "smart" replies, especially from kitties like Brasten.

You can also make temples and perform rituals for Baro, don't be limited to your....login ritual as u said.

Since Baro appears quite regularly and there is a easy way to check it I don't see a reason make a specific commercial for everybody to see.

It's part of the game, remember the pattern he appears to, remember to grind (grin) ducats and credits, remember to visit him and then - be rewarded. It's not always the case the "rewards" are good but it's another story.

There are really bigger problems with this game than this.

15 hours ago, Brasten said:

Where is Baro?

What relay is Baro in?

Why can't you just tell me where Baro is. It would take you like 2 words. Why do you have to be rude and tell me to look at the on-screen notice that shows up bi-weekly. You hate me, you hate new players, and are rude.

Nothing DE does will ever stop the flood of people asking where and when Baro is. DE could make a pop-up that stays on screen and requires 3 capita confirmations to clear, and people will still ask.

It won't stop until DE updates the the KickBot script to both

1. Inform people who ask where he is, how to find that information (by going to any relay and looking at his kiosk).
  2. Kicks said people from the chat.

There are people who are unable to follow clearly marked Quest Icons. People won't read News for event mechanics. No amount of hand-holding UI or notifications will help these people. Only quick sharp boots out of chat rooms, with clear reasons why they are getting the boot.

For the sake of Profit, when and where will Baro be showing up next?? 

>.>

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Profit... Profit.

I don't see why we shouldn't have this.

I think people forget that almost nothing in the game tells you to actually go to a relay until your curiosity gets the better of you, let alone that most new players don't even know that Baro exists until they finally start venturing into general chat at the proper time and start hearing about him. A little icon that would generate interest would both stop lazy players from constantly asking where he is as well as inform newer players that he actually exists and that his stock is something they might want to start planning to partake of.

Yes, I can make loading into a Relay part of my login ritual, I mean, who doesn't love multiple loading screens and a slow walking 'frame just to find out something that can easily be advertised via email. 

How would this be detrimental to anyone?  Seriously.

All DE would have to do is send out a short email; "Greetings Tenno.  I'll return from my trip to the Void in 12 hours.  I think you'll enjoy what I've found this time. (insert teaser image) Meet me at the Kronia Relay tomorrow, and bring your checkbook this time, Tenno."

Bam.  Done.

Baro gets a bit more fleshing out and people don't have to spam Region asking when, where and what, and everyone is happy.  

My only complaint/feedback was, when Baro appeared at a Relay locked behind MR 8 requirement ... it'd be fair (or more like, nice) if newer players had access to him too & that he would not spawn at Relay locked behind rather high MR requirement.

PS: Yep, I know the location where he appears are random, I'm merely suggesting for him to always appear at one of the Relays with lesser MR requirement, or, ideally, Larunda. My friend had a nice idea I really liked too, that Baro should have his own location, unique to him, to appear at. I mean.. fancy fella bringing us fancy goods would deserve some fancy location too. But, I know, I know. Dev-time is precious. :)

1 hour ago, jodarkrider said:

My only complaint/feedback was, when Baro appeared at a Relay locked behind MR 8 requirement ... it'd be fair (or more like, nice) if newer players had access to him too & that he would not spawn at Relay locked behind rather high MR requirement.

PS: Yep, I know the location where he appears are random, I'm merely suggesting for him to always appear at one of the Relays with lesser MR requirement, or, ideally, Larunda. My friend had a nice idea I really liked too, that Baro should have his own location, unique to him, to appear at. I mean.. fancy fella bringing us fancy goods would deserve some fancy location too. But, I know, I know. Dev-time is precious. :)

But that removes one of the few incentives to clear out the map.  

2 hours ago, jodarkrider said:

That sad moment when baro was meant for vets to get rid of junk prime parts in exchange for other stuff and new people want to be included. There is absolutely zero progression in this game ._.

Seriously, is it that hard to remember to check the relay every 2 weeks ? You can blindly set that every second Saturday you will meet him at usual place. If not there then there will be a message saying on which relays he is.

I wouldn't compare Baro and alert/invasions as these are very different things.

Don't get me wrong, if DE will add such indicator - I don't care. But IMHO there are more important flaws in the game that Baro indi.

1 hour ago, _jorgi_ said:

Seriously, is it that hard to remember to check the relay every 2 weeks ? You can blindly set that every second Saturday you will meet him at usual place. If not there then there will be a message saying on which relays he is.

I wouldn't compare Baro and alert/invasions as these are very different things.

Don't get me wrong, if DE will add such indicator - I don't care. But IMHO there are more important flaws in the game that Baro indi.

This. It's not like this is some mmorpg with big open world and 100 cities... Not that hard to find him.