The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Failure Podcast will be Interviewing Rebecca and Steve at Pax East!

hey guys, I'm TJ from the General Failure Podcast. We're a weekly podcast that talks about really nerdy stuff and give our opinions on it. I've brought up warframe multiple times on the podcast because of how good the game is and asked DE if I could interview everyone from the panel at Pax East and they said YES!  Rebecca and Steve will be interviewed! I was wondering what kind of questions you guys and girls from the community would like to ask them?

Also I'll be at Pax East the entire weekend so if anyone wants to meet up i'd be more then glad to hang out and talk about warframe!

also check out the General Failure Podcast on Itunes!

TL:DR- We get to interview Rebecca and Steve! Bring on the questions you want answered!

UPDATE: Thank you guys for all the great questions!  I'll be interview them on friday and keep you guys posted when the episode goes up!

Remember you can find our podcast on iTunes and find us on facebook, twitter and instagram(i'll make sure to take pictures with our space mom!).

Edited by (XB1)Truteno Vannar
updated

Are there any plans to tweak or rework frames like oberon ad limbo

will they reduce mesa's peacemakers energy drain value

will they add new infested enemies types, or have more infested grineer/corpus

will they buff the 3 underperforming focus trees (unari, vazarin, madurai)

will the new frame passives and volt/mag rework come before U19 for consoles or will those be bundled?

Just now, (XB1)Truteno Vannar said:

I would be totally interested to see a new mission type!  Anyone got any good ideas for a new one?

Game modes like;

- Attack and defend, you could be in the relay and you have to defend the relay, for lets say 5 minutes, and then go out, sabotage a ship or something,

- You have to steal a case of objects, similar to finding caches in sabotage, you have lets say "5" caches in a map, one of them has a object in, all 5 guarded, with a mini boss or something, 4 of them will have a decent object/mod/warframe part, and the last cache would have a rare, object, If you find all 5 you get something "Better" like one of the mods from the acolytes.

- Would be nice to have more "raid" type missions, But instead of 3 puzzles and 1 boss, it would be nice to have a 8 man survival, or a team of 9 fighting a lot of bosses at once time, well, "stronger bosses" making teamwork key

That's all i can think of, i'l add more later :^

Where do they see the game over 10 years.

Will warframe ever get a competitive side aside PVP.

What keeps the dev team so energetic and passionate all the time any secrets ?

Will warframe start a project to attract more live streaming?

Are there any plans for fictional planets?

With many changes to the game there have been more optimization problems will these be worked on as the game progresses.

Could pets have a more natural way of progression, instead of the same mod system. For example actually feeding the pets training them interacting with them. With this could the dojo have pet training room.

Are there any plans on revisiting enemy types, many of them are broken in a sense of constant knock-downs, can we have more diverse enemy attributes that would work well in a group against the tenno sk00m ?

Chances of an visual overhaul to the infested, can we get them more scary? and the missions that they come with to be a darker environment along with creepy sound effects. I wanna feel uncomfortable when I'm facing them. 

Edited by TeaBegging

Warframe recently celebrated its 3rd anniversary.

Over the years, we've seen a number of amazing community creations like the Lotus-themed wine glasses, a 3-D printed Fieldron, a massive catalogue of beautiful fan art, fantastic cosplay... people love this game, and put a ton of work into showing it.

Warframe has its roots in pure passion. Those of us who have been around the longest will remember how much it means to the folks at DE that this game happened. How does it feel to see your love for this game returned, so emphatically, by so many people?

I would be interested in some stats on DE themselves, we always talk about the game, not the people behind it. How many new people did they hire since open beta launch? Did any important people leave? Where do they see the future of their company? opening a new studio to work on another game aside of Warframe?

Edited by Genoscythe

Are there any plans to update or even remove redundant mechanics or modes?

Examples might be Transmutation, which became almost completely meaningless as soon as Trading was introduced. There are many other 'flavour of the month' mechanics such as Invasions, Outbreaks, Synthesis, Darvo Deals, etc.

It seems as though these modes and mechanics are continuously piled up as the previous ones are left to stagnate. Are there any thoughts on this or plans to change moving forward?

I think that questions about some more personal stuff will be better rather than future features and tweaks.

What was their most remeberable moment in creating Warframe or they enjoied most?

What is the process of creating features to the game? For example: new enemies, new weapons, new frames and new quests.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Are there any plans to update or even remove redundant mechanics or modes?

Examples might be Transmutation, which became almost completely meaningless as soon as Trading was introduced. There are many other 'flavour of the month' mechanics such as Invasions, Outbreaks, Synthesis, Darvo Deals, etc.

It seems as though these modes and mechanics are continuously piled up as the previous ones are left to stagnate. Are there any thoughts on this or plans to change moving forward?

I disagree with the red. Transmutation is a nice alternative for trying at mods when you don't want to undergo the mundane farm routine of a specific enemy - gotten many rare mods with it.

It's quite small but...

Is there any chance of getting more appearance and warframe/weapon/mod tabs? Maybe freebies and also universal purchasable ones?

ABC is no longer enough so it's rather restrictive, especially with new cosmetics continually being released. Less so for mods but still slowly being increased. I'd love to get an answer on this because we've heard nothing but there's been multiple threads about it.

Edited by Naith

14 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I disagree with the red. Transmutation is a nice alternative for trying at mods when you don't want to undergo the mundane farm routine of a specific enemy - gotten many rare mods with it.

Yeah, it's why I said 'almost' completely useless. There's a rare occasion that it might prove useful, but it's not 99% of the time. It used to have a significant role in the game before Trading was introduced, but now that's lost. It's what I would consider a 'legacy' mechanic. 

I don't feel that it's extremely situational uses warrant its place in the UI that just serves to make the game more cluttered and complicated as a whole. It should be updated to be relevant or just removed.

But sure, we all have our opinions.