Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reminder: No Prime Time Tomorrow! (April 21)

[DE]Megan

1pm ET is :

• 5pm GMT/UTC - Greenland/Iceland/Ghana/Guinea
  • 7pm CEST/CAT - Austria /Belguim /Germany /Italy /Netherlands /Switzerland /South Africa /Botswana 
  • 10am PDT - California/Washington
  • 12am CDT - Florida/Louisiana/Michigan/Nebraska/Ontario

(gosh damn.. these countries with their Summer times and winter times... why you gotta make things complicated D:)

On 20/04/2016 at 6:30 AM, Leahzar said:

1pm ET is :

• 7pm CEST/CAT - Austria /Belguim /Germany /Italy /Netherlands /Switzerland /South Africa /Botswana 

(gosh damn.. these countries with their Summer times and winter times... why you gotta make things complicated D:)

What about AEST?

On 4/20/2016 at 4:30 PM, Leahzar said:

1pm ET is :

What?!  I'm not sure you understand where Ontario, Michigan and Florida are but (with exception of a bit of the upper peninsula )Michigan is EST, as is all of Florida and Ontario.

2 hours ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

What?!  I'm not sure you understand where Ontario, Michigan and Florida are but (with exception of a bit of the upper peninsula )Michigan is EST, as is all of Florida and Ontario.

This is where the daylight savings-stuff comes in. According to the website I used to convert the times, it's currently EDT, which is the same as CDT at the moment. There are a variety of areas in the same timezone with different names for that same timezone. 

But 1pm Ontario time is 1pm EST regardless of daylight savings time.   So saying it starts at 12pm in Michigan, for example, was incorrect.  That's what I was getting at.   

I would like to submit this as another reason we need to get rid of daylight savings time.  it is nothing but a hassle, a waste of resources and totally pointless.  Actually I'd like to just stay on daylight savings time permanently but that's another thread in another forum section.   :)

5 hours ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

Are you a yooper too?