The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within Teaser - Thoughts and ideas

Skinner1818

Highly doubt that those are ''The Queens''

Voices in the reveal video are different from this video.

*inb4 they just improved the audio. Yea?.......then why the hell do they sound completely different. Those are not ''The Queens'' .2 different speech types.

Vor and the queens'' video has serious but simple words.

Reveal has ''poem and all that'' words like - dreamers, and ''answer to the prayer''....I dont know who are those 2 ladies in the reveal......but they are expecting us to come for them. the plot thickens

For me the interesting thing is that they know the Tenno will come for them now they are awake. They are known to the Tenno but in what capacity, will the Tenno come for them to kill them or maybe to rescue them from something or someone?

i have a feeling this is umbra related, they seem like a dark version of the Tenno and lotus.

8 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with the Stalker, not cause i think he's cool but because the second dream didn't explain enough for me and what i saw in that place in the teaser had this Stalker feel to it. And with what you sad about that room looking a lot like the room of our operator with the chains serving the same purpose as those vines. Could that little girl then be the operator of the Stalker?

What you say about the "sister" being a religious term is probably right on. 

And with the "dreamers" she is probably referring to our operators, but what did that old lady mean when she said "they will be coming for us like the answer to a prayer". Also let's listen to what that little girl said about being scared, i think the title "the war within" signifies that girl's inner struggle cause if she's scared she shouldn't really be that evil, just a pawn, it's even shown by that old lady calling her a worm as she basically tells her to shut up, if that old lady is indeed a surviving Orokin, could she not be manipulating that kid with her mental mind powers?

And what i also want to know is how does that door in our orbiter tie into what we saw in that trailer, and then we have those 2 guards at the end, new faction? Or just a new boss battle?

I don't have answers, only questions and theories.

Reveal hidden contents

Also until i hear their proper names i'm gonna refer to them as snail eyes and dildo head

I like this ^

I do think that as well, that they have their own Tenno captive or turned aginest, but my qeastion is, where is her Warframe?, and why whuold the Grinner help the Stalker? 

2 hours ago, S0ulre4per said:

*inb4 they just improved the audio. Yea?.......then why the hell do they sound completely different. Those are not ''The Queens'' .2 different speech types.

Reveal has ''poem and all that'' words like - dreamers, and ''answer to the prayer''....I dont know who are those 2 ladies in the reveal......but they are expecting us to come for them. the plot thickens

Spoiler

That audio was from four updates ago (U14) and months before their partnership with the Chinese company was announced and gave them funds for new things. Four updates before that, Grineer soldiers spoke English:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/9/9b/Greneer_I_think....ogg/revision/latest?cb=20130317142415
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/0/0b/Greneer_Try_to_get....ogg/revision/latest?cb=20130317142522

I also don't think the Queens were revealed(maybe not even concepted) to have Orokin origins at that point.

Edited by Maicael

22 hours ago, Skinner1818 said:

5.      The conjunction. This to me sounds like what DE are going to call the collapse of the Void, with the Void and real space merging back together. This would take some power, and as we know the operators are living conduits of void energy. Could this woman be using these ‘Beasts’ to lure the operators out?

Im sorry but I dont seem to remember the "collapse of the void" to be part of lore , DE stated the "void blowing up" is just void rework ( were will be void gates in each node/mision and you will need to use void keys to open whem , the keys will function as "TF2 crates" , atleast whats how I get it )

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

Im sorry but I dont seem to remember the "collapse of the void" to be part of lore , DE stated the "void blowing up" is just void rework ( were will be void gates in each node/mision and you will need to use void keys to open whem , the keys will function as "TF2 crates" , atleast whats how I get it )

I think they actually said that it WOULD be part of the lore, can't really remember which dev stream it was though, it was a while ago owo

Edited by DJ_Vauban

12 hours ago, S0ulre4per said:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Maicael said:

That audio was from four updates ago (U14) and months before their partnership with the Chinese company was announced and gave them funds for new things. Four updates before that, Grineer soldiers spoke English:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/9/9b/Greneer_I_think....ogg/revision/latest?cb=20130317142415
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/0/0b/Greneer_Try_to_get....ogg/revision/latest?cb=20130317142522

I also don't think the Queens were revealed(maybe not even concepted) to have Orokin origins at that point.

I had an epiphany just now. Call it farfetched, but here's my spin based on both trailers and the Kuria Poem.

It could be as if the voices of the Queens in "The Call" is a propaganda tactic. And the guards in The War Within are actually posing as the "Twin Queens."

Edited by EndlessHallucinogen

19 hours ago, Lucha said:

This question might seem stupid, but what are the words the girls speaks? "The conjunction grows in here", "the conjunction draws near", "the conjunction goes near" or what? 

P.S. I had many argues about this in my native language commnunity. So I decided to ask here. The answer will bring the light, thank you!

P.P.S. I think this "war within" has nothing to do with the Kweens, nothing points at it except for "sister" which is also doubtful (in the meaning of family relationship).

She says 'The Conjunction draws near' I believe.

On 4/22/2016 at 2:27 AM, Implodingbanana said:

I find it hard to believe that these are the twin queens based on the architecture of the room and the entrance we see before the sumo freaks show up. it seems very Orokin/tenno like, it seems too smooth and polished.

The Queens ARE orokin though.

20 hours ago, S0ulre4per said:

yeah,the voices are different,but we always heared them through a transmission,and perhaps, because of these transmissions the voices were distorted

Edited by TheKurtiStryke

1.  Huge Big Daddy/Little Sister/Bio-shock lost civilization vibe here.

2.  A LITTLE BIT of " Kumbai-ya/Warframes aren't really alive and mama Lotus takes care of the void children" set-up here as well.

We are products of the pinnacle of Orokin Decadence and arrogance: weaponized god-children enslaved in a dreamstate.

Only now we are awake.

And the costs of being child-soldier-slaves constantly at war for the Orokin or the Lotus or for whatever other reason you see fit are about to come due.

Just ask the Engineer Corps known as the Grineer...

Most children want to grow up to be adults.

These children have exprience and lifespans beyond normal adults.

Most adults want free will.

And I suspect what the Tenno truly are and how they relate to the Warframes probably hides a terrible secret.

3.  If DE has the guts, I hope they make us face a choice that has very cool, Tennoverse-and-gameplay changing ramifications.

...an exclusionary choice one way or another that grants new options but eliminates others.

THAT is what I hope The WAR Within is hinting at.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I thought I might put my own ideas on the matter here rather than starting a new thread.

The sisters are commonly thought to be the Twin Queens of the Grineer. I found it odd that their is such an age difference so I figured clone like every one else. I feel like it's kind of like a Sith style leader ship. That there aren't twins, but in fact a single person just cloned, and only 2 clones of the original queen can be alive at one time. One is an older clone grooming the younger clone to take her place.

As for another idea. I don't now if people figured this out, but the two guards are female, not male. I believe they are strongly modeled after fertility statues. th?id=OIP.Mcc2e96ade23f0ab165afdfa540cc0th?id=OIP.Mcc2e96ade23f0ab165afdfa540cc0

I wonder DE is giving us a hint about reproduction. Maybe the Queens found out how to give real birth rather than stick with cloning? The Grineer are dying and decaying. Just imagine how powerful the Grineer are if they are born healthy. Just my thoughts.

On a side note, I just thought about the Corpus. You never see a female corpus, how do they reproduce?

6 hours ago, KaeseSchnitte said:

I am pretty disappointed by the hint that they know what the Tenno really are. It seems like everyone except Alad V knows the truth, which makes it very underwhelming.

No...we THINK we know exactly what we are and how we relate to Warframes and the Orokin.

Bank on a terrible and dark secret about [the costs of] what we really are forcing us to make a decision...

52 minutes ago, CadenFall said:

I thought I might put my own ideas on the matter here rather than starting a new thread.

The sisters are commonly thought to be the Twin Queens of the Grineer. I found it odd that their is such an age difference so I figured clone like every one else. I feel like it's kind of like a Sith style leader ship. That there aren't twins, but in fact a single person just cloned, and only 2 clones of the original queen can be alive at one time. One is an older clone grooming the younger clone to take her place.

As for another idea. I don't now if people figured this out, but the two guards are female, not male. I believe they are strongly modeled after fertility statues. th?id=OIP.Mcc2e96ade23f0ab165afdfa540cc0th?id=OIP.Mcc2e96ade23f0ab165afdfa540cc0

I wonder DE is giving us a hint about reproduction. Maybe the Queens found out how to give real birth rather than stick with cloning? The Grineer are dying and decaying. Just imagine how powerful the Grineer are if they are born healthy. Just my thoughts.

On a side note, I just thought about the Corpus. You never see a female corpus, how do they reproduce?

Makes the most sense, especially with Grineer officers typically being female.

To see the inspiration for the Grineer, look no further than the Zentradi from Season 1 of the Americanized Japanime Robotech Macross Saga from the 80s.

The ships look the same, the females were almost considered a separate species as officers, and they were clones that were originally miners that were turned into a militarized juggernaught by their decadent Robotech Masters.

As multi-generational clones their weakness became their inability to perform repairs or any kind of skilled labor beyond combat and their massive war machine fell into disrepair.

Look it up.