Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets See if Otaku's notice

Atreides.

As a Otaku myself i'v eseen a whole bunch of anime, but when i saw PAX East Conclave new game mode...i head a voice....a voice of a anime character....English Dubbed Character. Highschool DXD: Rias

Anyone else noticed/remembered her voice? Please be truthful.

12 minutes ago, Ham606 said:

Was that the red-head? Honestly I don't remember.

Also there might be a case of a lot of people (like me) who watch anime with English subs, so I really have no idea how English dubbed anime sound xD

Cant help it VOST is the best

24 minutes ago, Kundorak_Syndicate said:

As a Otaku myself i'v eseen a whole bunch of anime, but when i saw PAX East Conclave new game mode...i head a voice....a voice of a anime character....English Dubbed Character. Highschool DXD: Rias

Anyone else noticed/remembered her voice? Please be truthful.

You call yourself Otaku and mention English Dubs? Man please.

ps: Otakus will notice Blasphemies ;P

Edited by Manyc

1 minute ago, Manyc said:

You call yourself Otaku and mention English Dubs? Man please.

well let's not get into judgement

he can call himself whatever he want ,

Fact is VO is the best thing

Ill sugest OP to start watching anime in VOST 

11 minutes ago, Kundorak_Syndicate said:

Wait so i cant watch 1 series in eng? wow that's just disgusting <.<

You proclaimed 'okatu' and proceeded to reminisce about a dub. You're just asking for trouble there. 

Learn some Japanese like a real weeb. 

22 minutes ago, Kundorak_Syndicate said:

Wait so i cant watch 1 series in eng? wow that's just disgusting <.<

You cannot. We Otakus live for the sound of the Japanese language in our Anime.

Actually, the only reason I don't watch dubs is because the voices don't fit the characters well imo.

(Watch the Little Busters! dub.... it's the worst thing I have ever heard)

Edited by PoisonHD

4 hours ago, Kundorak_Syndicate said:

Highschool DXD: Rias

To be honest I'd rather cut one of my legs off without anesthesia and succumb to the blood loss than watch DxD.

Also, English dub...really?

kbyZg9.gif

Oh well, if it's your taste. Not much I can do about it. Though it shouldn't surprise you that a voice actress also does more than one thing.

Edited by Skycook3y

4 hours ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

OVA or bust if you mention HS DXD.

Anywho, I haven't seen the trailer yet, but with all this hype about it, it seems like I should give it a look.

Also, you do not mention "otaku" and "english dub" in the same sentence, that is unacceptable.

You cannot be an Otaku if you watch English dub

5 hours ago, n00b_m0m0 said:

otaku's?

Those who watch unfiltered anime in its purest form (denouncing subs cause not everyone can understand the entire conversation raw).

Sadly, I can't call myself an otaku because though I watch most anime subbed, I grew up with dubbed Dragon Ball in the late 90s into dubbed DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho in early 2k Toonami, and Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, and Hello Kitty all before I hit 9 or 10 those years ago, all in the morning and evening anime blocks.

But that's besides the point.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Those who watch unfiltered anime in its purest form (denouncing subs cause not everyone can understand the entire conversation raw)

Not really accurate. We just have a passion for anime, manga, and stuff of Japanese origin. DUBS are a sin for an Otaku, although the anime Ghost Stories is the funniest dub in the universe while the sub is dreadful. Only anime I prefer dubbed. Well, that and DBZ because I grew up on it, too. 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Not really accurate. We just have a passion for anime, manga, and stuff of Japanese origin. DUBS are a sin for an Otaku, although the anime Ghost Stories is the funniest dub in the universe while the sub is dreadful. Only anime I prefer dubbed. Well, that and DBZ because I grew up on it, too. 

I forgot to add in the manga and trending japanese culture of past and present. I'm still recovering from a hard trip to Subway and back on rollerblades in a very hilly area.

It's been such a long time since I last saw Ghost Stories though. I should add it to my watchlist sometime soon.