Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay attention to your broken sortie rewards DE

Dr.Evergreen

Well, maybe this is just a mere rant post, but please.

I sincerely playing daily sortie but...too much RNG makes our game worse.

The bright green checkbox is just a losing ticket.

I can imagine the next sortie mission, just the same, put some new goods on the checkbox-side,

luring me 'Hey, you can get some guaranteed good things!'

But you know, usually that is just a guaranteed 25 Fusion Cores, regardless of your effort, or difficulty of today's missions, etc. 

For now we have to spend al least 12 days for complete the checkboxed things. 5 lenses, 3 nezha parts, 4 vandal/wraith parts.

Isn't it enough? if you are super lucky, you can have that in 4 days, but many average players will spend full 12 days.

At least give some priority for those checkboxed items so I can get the new one in guaranteed 12 days,

and put DAT Freakin' gold fusion cores to drop table on and after day 13,

if you are willing to change this horrible situation!

DE said that they are thinking about token system for sortie reward, but when?

Maybe sortie tokens are primevaulted with the Excalibur Umbra I guess...

We've all been in the same boat. This is what I did. Bought the parts I needed but I still did the sorties. When I did get the last two parts I needed for the Sniptron Vandal. I just sold them and made my money back.

I have everything but the blueprint for the Snipetron Vandal, all the lenses, and a full Nezha set... I've been running it for days trying to get it, but nothing but cores... I almost don't even want the bp now. I don't have the weapon, but I told myself that if I didn't get a whole set for it by the end of this sortie season, I'll just sell all the other part for BANK. speaking of that, when does this season end?

OP, there is still RNG involved in the rewards, then there is the fact whether or not you're doing the last sortie mission in a group or solo.

If it's the former, you should probably expect 25/50 cores more often than anything else.

If it's the latter - well, RNGesus is not in benevolent mood for you today.

That is all there is to it.

Edited by TMHowler

I agree that the system needs to change. Currently all the vandal/wrath stuff are repeats so veterans are selling spares. But what happens if it's a new item? Everyone will hoarde their parts and people won't be able to buy any because nobody will have spares.

P.S. groups don't matter. Did a spy run with just me and my friend on invite only. I got 25 cores and he got 50 cores. So the myth about getting 25 cores as a replacement in a squad that gets a checkboxed item that you already have is a myth busted. Its pure RNG solo or otherwise.

21 minutes ago, TMHowler said:

OP, there is still RNG involved in the rewards, then there is the fact whether or not you're doing the last sortie mission in a group or solo.

If it's the former, you should probably expect 25/50 cores more often than anything else.

If it's the latter - well, RNGesus is not in benevolent mood for you today.

That is all there is to it.

Solo or group has no effect on what reward is rolled. You can be the person that gets a part and others in the squad get cores because they already have it and vice versa. How it works from the patch notes:

Spoiler

Sortie Changes

• Season 4 is here - but why the long wait, you ask? Read on to find out!
  • We've categorized Sortie Rewards in two: repeatable and non-repeatable. The world state window now displays these two categories.
  • Non-repeatable Sortie Rewards have a check box in-front of them. Once you receive that reward, the box is checked off, ensuring you won't receive it again in the currently active Season.
  • When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle.
  • Repeatable rewards can be received multiple times, as the name implies.
  • Please note that repeatable and non-repeatable assignments could change depending on feedback and more. For example, while many players are frustrated with getting repeat Lenses, some recipes rely on duplicate Lenses to craft. We will be watching and reading over the next while to assess.

As for making it easier/guaranteed to obtain the non-repeatable items from Sorties, that's fine until you get to when rewards need to be cycled through again. New players will have a chance at the items, but players that already have it will just say "I already have all this, there's no point for me to even do Sorties at all this season." It was already happening the first 3 seasons with just the Karak Wraith and Dera Vandal. It's becoming quite obvious when Baro Ki'Teer brings back items others may not have as well.

Edited by Maicael

I played several sorties, and have been disappointed by the rewards 90% of the time, because I would prefer cores for my trouble at the moment, but I always get a random part, in many cases for a weapon I have already built and maxed. Given the difficulty has been climbing steadily of late, I'd rather not play again until sortie tokens is implemented.

59 minutes ago, Chantepleur said:

For now we have to spend al least 12 days for complete the checkboxed things. 5 lenses, 3 nezha parts, 4 vandal/wraith parts.

Let me tell you this, Soltie rewards are pure and simple S#&$e pile. Season 6 have started march 31, i still have gotten only 9 out of 12, rest were 25 and few 50 cores. Haven't missed a day.

25 cores are nothing more but a consolidation prize and not a reward for a time and/or hard work.

Its super frustrating.

Getting 25 R5s is annoying, getting 50 R5s makes me want to punch a puppy because it's just 50% away from a Legendary Core that has at most like 1100% of its value.

And all I'm getting are damn R5s, my overall fusion core count is way beyond tens of thousands and I've got nothing to waste these things on, no matter whether the sortie reward pool is coming to an end or brand new, RNGesus decided I'm in desperate need for excessive amount of fusion cores.

1 hour ago, Hemmo67 said:

am i the only one who doesn't mind free gold cores from such easy missions? :|

That's a terrible generalisation. Today's sortie: exterminate/rescue/spy was indeed easy, but two days ago that ******ing Europa Interception with multiple bursas running around was just a nightmare. Getting 25 cores for that was just not cool. Had it been 50 I would mind less. Still, better than getting one of the lenses or another Nezha part that no one wants to buy anyway.

Now, granted, I dont play the sortie every day, depending on the missions, I tend to avoid excavation missions like the plague, and if they ever have a Assassination 3rd mission with the Jordas Golem, F*** that...

But still, I would expect at least a lens or Nehza part, but instead I got 25 cores, 25 cores, 25 cores, 50 cores, and today, another 25 cores... F*** man... Yeah, I can alwasy use cores, but at least give me a legendary one... I want to max my serration mod without breaking my bank and core stockpile (which you know would drop to nothing after rank 6).

22 minutes ago, Lijka said:

That's a terrible generalisation. Today's sortie: exterminate/rescue/spy was indeed easy, but two days ago that ******ing Europa Interception with multiple bursas running around was just a nightmare. Getting 25 cores for that was just not cool. Had it been 50 I would mind less. Still, better than getting one of the lenses or another Nezha part that no one wants to buy anyway.

Then dont do difficult sortie missions if you dont find them fun. If the reward is the only thing you want out of sorties then you are bound to be disappointed more often than not.