Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo?

Duhktape

The current Wii U could not handle this game by a long shot, but I heard that Nintendo is working on a new more powerful console. Maybe when that happens, but Nintendo is not known for being super friendly when I comes to third party devs. I really wouldn't hold my breath.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

The current Wii U could not handle this game by a long shot, but I heard that Nintendo is working on a new more powerful console. Maybe when that happens, but Nintendo is not known for being super friendly when I comes to third party devs. I really wouldn't hold my breath.

Bruh, look at the system requirements. Core 2 Duo. 

3 minutes ago, MadHatHacker said:

Bruh, look at the system requirements. Core 2 Duo. 

I call bs on the system requirements. They may have held true when the game was first released, but not now. I mean 2gs of ram, 5g HDD space 2.4 dual core cpu, and Radeon HD freaking 3600. Not a freaking chance.

3 minutes ago, MadHatHacker said:

I ran it on a 2008 HP 6930p business laptop. It worked, and I wasn't even meeting those requirements. 34 FPS and minimal frameskip. The Wii U may not be a hardware monster, but it could absolutely run Warframe. 

As hard as that is for me to believe, only a fool would lie about something like that and you don't strike me as a fool so I guess I eat my words. If the Wii really can run it I wonder why DE hasn't made more of an effort. The more the merrier.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I call bs on the system requirements. They may have held true when the game was first released, but not now. I mean 2gs of ram, 5g HDD space 2.4 dual core cpu, and Radeon HD freaking 3600. Not a freaking chance.

It would run easily on a Wii U. Its all a question of what Res its running at. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

As hard as that is for me to believe, only a fool would lie about something like that and you don't strike me as a fool so I guess I eat my words. If the Wii really can run it I wonder why DE hasn't made more of an effort. The more the merrier.

same reason why many third parties ignore the Wii U, regardless if its powerful enough for the game or not.

my question is, if that were to happen (likely not, I mean who really gives a toss about the Wii these days?), would they be updated the same time as other consoles? or would they have to wait till consoles have an update and THEN they get it?

I think it's hard enough for DE to polish everything for 2 consoles as it is.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

my question is, if that were to happen (likely not, I mean who really gives a toss about the Wii these days?), would they be updated the same time as other consoles? or would they have to wait till consoles have an update and THEN they get it?

I think it's hard enough for DE to polish everything for 2 consoles as it is.

"polishing" for the xb1 is the same amount of work as it is for the ps4. why would you assume it would be more work if they are shipping the same build ?

What hurts Nintendo its online services. Nintendo has been able to erect a odd system that relies heavily on DRM and an almost self-contained "internet." It vigorously defends itself against infringement and views its audience as toddlers with credit cards incapable of dealing with an open connection to the rest of the swearing, violent, bullying world. For a game like warframe that needs to constantly update. It would just be a giant headache. Its not the overall audience they are seeking. Not that they don't exist on the platform. Like Bayonetta 2, Darksiders II, Assassin's Creed III... and... and Bayonetta 2... Its a long shot.

37 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Yea cause we know how nintendo is. It's already bad enough that there are contractual exclusives for xbox and ps4. Nintendo will see that and start asking for crazy S#&$ like an exclusive frame that is basically mario. 

Nintendo is a lot more open than you think, a lot of the mario items in the third party games are mainly there to boost the popularity the game itself, devs themselves ask nintendo if they could use things like a mario costume, nintendo doesn't make it a requirement, also nintendo is a lot more open to indies than you think, they have a ton of indie games on their console for a reason.

If the NX is as strong as current gen consoles (or more?) then it'd be doable.

Problem would be DE actually getting a dev kit AND going through Nintendo's bs policies for their online store. They have weirder rules than a craiglist sex party.

Edited by Heatnix.

I don't see it happening without censoring things like gore and the dismembered body parts. Maybe more clothing Saryn or Valkyr to preserve their family friendly features like they've been doing with localized releases of every game so far.

If you've seen the amount of complaints regarding censorship with Nintendo, getting a game on there without changes more than likely won't happen, new console or not.

3 hours ago, p_ar7hur said:

Lmao with this thread.

Imagine crazily swinging your Wii controllers around to pull off all those stunts from Movement 2.0 or the combos from your melee stances. I'd hit everyone around me in the face when activating Exalted Blade.

You know there's a standard non-motion gamepad right? If I can handle Skyward Sword without breaking anything, most people can. You just flick your wrist instead of swinging your whole arm. Some ppl got way into motion controls though, so I can actually see someone doing what you said lol.

5 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Yea cause we know how nintendo is. It's already bad enough that there are contractual exclusives for xbox and ps4. Nintendo will see that and start asking for crazy S#&$ like an exclusive frame that is basically mario. 

wPtRhED.gif