Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara BP is elusive

Cortanis

Question

So I've been farming the various high end spy missions trying to get Ivara's BP for the last three days. I've been running at least 30 of the missions per day. I have 9 helmets and no BP..... What am I doing wrong here? What eldritch god do I have to sell my soul to to find this thing? For reference, I've been running Eris- Cyath, Neptune- Sao, and Pluto- Oceanum.

19 answers to this question

RNG baby, RNG.

Not that it matters (probably), but I got the BP on Lex, Ceres, and it was actually the first Ivara part I got. If it makes you feel better, I thought I was never going to get the systems. It took probably ~70 runs for it to drop.

7 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Honestly, I'd just buy the BP from the market with credits and call it a day. I still need the helmet, but RNG hates me so I know it'll take a while. 

Ivara's is not purchased in the Market, you have to get it from T3 Spy missions. 

BTW, @Cortanis, here are my results from the last 146 T3 Spy runs I did--BP has an observed drop rate of a little under 10% http://imgur.com/l2AHkcy

5 hours ago, Klazik said:

What is the actual point of complaining about your luck in the forum? You know we have absolutely no power over droptables..

/Thread

Well, given the responses, it looks like Ceres seems to hold a higher drop rate on the bp. That could actually be an observable thing. That is why one posts such things.

8 hours ago, Husla said:

I find Corpus spy missions easier to do than Grineer. Maybe level up some weapons as you go along. So it balances out frustration as you're also leveling up a weapon.

I found the same thing as well. Let me guess, it's the control over the cipher area and not the stupid grineer picker wheel thing?

On this note however, It did finally drop. And yes, It was in fact on Ceres- Lex. It may be a thing that some pieces have different values based on faction so they try and make us play the different missions rather than stick to only corpus or grineer.

Note: droprate is same in every spy mission where the part drops, though I have no source that there's other factors on the droprates, but it sounds bit far-fetched that there's some system besides %-chance of drops, especially when we know that there are set droprates. 

7,52% is the droprate for the blueprint and helmet. So do whatever spy mission in tier 3 spy missions you find easiest for yourself. Congrats on the drop! RNG is horrible thing, I've done earth spy missions over 50 times without systems drop. Grr.

8 hours ago, Cortanis said:

I found the same thing as well. Let me guess, it's the control over the cipher area and not the stupid grineer picker wheel thing?

On this note however, It did finally drop. And yes, It was in fact on Ceres- Lex. It may be a thing that some pieces have different values based on faction so they try and make us play the different missions rather than stick to only corpus or grineer.

That isn't how the drop tables work, and if it were it would have somehow been proven by now.

RNG is RNG, I ran missions for a week solid before I got the helm and BP, last night I got 2 BP and 2 helms in maybe 7 runs while I was leveling weapons for the final push to MR 12. Yay credits.

Edited by Wopel