Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way anyone is going to be able to earn Excalibur Prime in the future?

NebbyOtt

Question

This question is more to DE than any players because everyone is going to say "No don't be stupid of course not". I just feel that it's unfair that people who participated in the founder program way back when were rewarded for donating the money and buying the founders packs, but i'm being punished for not knowing about the game back then, its not like there are (or were) any Warframe commercials on TV.

Now heres the part i don't like, the part that makes me sound spoiled and like i think i'm entitled to everything i want, that's not the case, but I honestly think I, along with people who have given alot to DE, deserve Excal Prime, as a gift, idk about you, reader, but I have donated, as i type this,  $778.46 to DE, and there's no end in sight, For the founders program, and this makes me dizzy just thinking about it, you only had to pay FIFTY DOLLARS for excal prime! I have to pay more than that just to get a normal prime access that i can go and farm for if i wanted. I think people who give over a certain amount total should receive some benefits, as, oh i don't know, maybe a thank you for giving you all their money. And i don't know about you, but all i want in this game, the only thing i want, is an Excalibur Prime. Thoughts? Opinions?

Just to be a little more clear, i'm told they can't legally release excal prime again, which sucks and it's still unfair and not the best decision in my opinion, but i think i, and others like me, deserve something, don't you agree, like i said earlier,  as a thank you for giving them all your money

Edited by Kiracub

20 answers to this question

No. That is not simply an answer the players give, that is the official word from DE on the subject. 

It's not unfair, its not about your money or time spent in game since founders ended. It's what they did for founders. If you are not a founder, did not participate in the founders program and/or were not here when that program was available you will not get any element of that founders package.

30 minutes ago, Kiracub said:

Wait what do you mean they can't legally that makes no sense? It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, they can make Excalibur Prime Prime if they wanted.

It's called Excalibur Umbra and it is coming soon to all players.

And no, if a say, clothing brand offered a limited edition design for a limited period for their customers, and explicitly listed it as a limited edition one time only offer, it would be a dck move to re-release it, effectively making their limited time offer a "false advertising" for their so called "limited edition" product.

DE isn't dckish like that and they have made their stance clear they will not release Excalibur Prime again. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

DE has already said no to this many times.

As someone who is a collector/100%er/completionist in games and doesn't have it, I'm not really all that upset about it. They supported the game and are pretty much the reason it exists today, they deserve some skins and I call them that because that is basically what they are. Excalibur prime doesn't have any stat differences and the weapons are so bad that the buffs they have, while still a little strange, aren't problematic in any sense of the word.

That said, I wouldn't even say they are 100% exclusive to founders, As impractical a method this is, I'm serious when I say something like Make-a-Wish foundation could get DE to cough up those items to a non-founder.

I heard that they can't legally so the argument logically ends there. The fact that people didn't know about the game during the founder package's time here isn't a very good reason. when I found warframe it was through a youtube ad so there were advertisements out there 3 years ago. founders were given these special items because they risked investing money into something that even DE wasn't sure would succeed.

If I got any information wrong please let me know, also this argument never starts or ends well on the forums so good luck.

Just now, Kiracub said:

Wait what do you mean they can't legally that makes no sense? It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, they can make Excalibur Prime Prime if they wanted.

meaning I heard they have a contract with founder players that the items would not be released again, again this is what i have heard so don't take what im saying as 100% fact.

Your question is to DE, and they already have an answer: No. They've said it multiple times already -- the Founders program is permanently closed, will never return, and the associated items will never come back.

Not only that, but bringing up how much money you've spent on the game? Irrelevant. You spending money on the game doesn't make you any more deserving than someone who hasn't, and it just makes you look very entitled.

You've never been made to pay for anything in this game. You've never been asked politely to spend your money on the game, or "donate it", or however you want to phrase it. You don't deserve anything.

Edited by Vargras

Founders paid into the game to help it get off the ground with the exchange being their exclusive access to founder primes. Because of this, that is a contract. DE could get rid of each of those founders but couldn't give anyone else the items exclusively the Founders. Look at it like this, the Founder players gave DE money with the only real promise being that gear. A pretty good deal for DE. It wouldn't be exactly fair to break that promise and legally it wouldn't be cool either. For the rest of us, we get to get everything else! So it doesn't make sense to hold such a small deal against the Founder players for having a shiny that we can't.

3 minutes ago, Implodingbanana said:

I heard that they can't legally so the argument logically ends there.

Edited by Kiracub