Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum Feedback: Fun but Deeply Flawed Game Mode

BlackCoMerc

2 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

This is the major problem I see with participating in the event. Most of the time I can survive in a group of these executioners due to my Inaros having Rage in his build and having Life Strike on all of my weapons, but once those Death Carabus (which I believe was their name, never lived long enough to really see) come in, you might as well just accept your death. Even with 4,620 health on my 'Frame, if one Carabus shot its laser at me, I'd either die on the spot or escape to die from the burn. Hell, I remember rounding a corner and running face first into five of those little flying bastards and was dead before I had any time to react.

If a simple drone (and some of the enemies based on other BS one shot kills I've had) can put down an Inaros at full health with no trouble, how are we expected to survive with anything other than a Valkyr? "Unfair trial" or not, something dealing that much damage is just poor game design and a terrible excuse for "difficulty".

Completely agree.

Of late, DE Seems to have gotten off track. Forgotten what Warframe is about. Being a Space Ninja. Infiltrating enemy bases and ships. Stealing secrets; taking down VIP's; taking out whole platoons. Running high risk missions normal soldiers cant. 

At some point, horde mode replaced ninja mode. Then, gimmicks replaced challenge. Now, the game is more Killing Floor than Warframe. And that was BEFORE events that made powers useless. 

Come back to Space Ninja, DE. Find a way to make THAT mode - you know, the mission mode - fun, challenging and engaging.

I still don't get why people is so angry with enemies killing them...
I mean, the whole point of one of these trials is to see if Grineer champions kill more than the Tenno. How are you supposed to lose if the Grineer team can't kill you once? 
This missions works different to any other mission in the game, the objective is the same you have on a TDM. The only way to fail the mission is by dying more than the other team, so it is almost impossible to fail the mission. 
I think people that are having trouble to survive (if it is your only goal in the mission) should play the easiest one. 

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

I still don't get why people is so angry with enemies killing them...
I mean, the whole point of one of these trials is to see if Grineer champions kill more than the Tenno. How are you supposed to lose if the Grineer team can't kill you once? 
This missions works different to any other mission in the game, the objective is the same you have on a TDM. The only way to fail the mission is by dying more than the other team, so it is almost impossible to fail the mission. 
I think people that are having trouble to survive (if it is your only goal in the mission) should play the easiest one. 

Being one shot, no matter which build you bring, on the 3rd tier, and end up losing quite quickly doesn't seem right to me. No, I don't want them to not be able to kill me, but I also don't want to be one shot when I'm playing a tanky warframe. The absence of energy makes this even more grueling. I don't know what some of you "pros" do, but as a decent player this has got to just be a one shot fart fest. 

Lol Ash can do it easily enough up until the Kela Boss fight. You run around a path you create to collect the energy orbs and with quick reactions your bladestorm turns you invincible and instantly restores your health back to full on the health depletion rounds. 

Anyone who thinks this event is to difficult needs to git gud. 

But honestly the rewards are trash for the effort needed to put in. Perhaps a new special syndicate mod for the Furax Wraith that would give it the ability to proc with whichever syndicate you chose's ability. ( For Hexis it would be +1 truth, Loka would be +1 Purity etc ).

13 minutes ago, Stouty22 said:

If you're dying with loki, you arn't using his abilties right. 

Did anybody mention that you start the mission with 0 energy and can't use energy pizzas? It's not about using his abilities right. We just flat out can't use them until we find an energy orb, and even that might take too long because Loki is made of wet tissue paper, fighting enemies that can melt Inaros in about a second. 

5 minutes ago, Rosalyn said:

Lol Ash can do it easily enough up until the Kela Boss fight. You run around a path you create to collect the energy orbs and with quick reactions your bladestorm turns you invincible and instantly restores your health back to full on the health depletion rounds. 

"Git gud" and "play Ash" sound pretty contradictory, if you ask me. 

Edited by Gurpgork

Just now, Rosalyn said:

But honestly the rewards are trash for the effort needed to put in. Perhaps a new special syndicate mod for the Furax Wraith that would give it the ability to proc with whichever syndicate you chose's ability. ( For Hexis it would be +1 truth, Loka would be +1 Purity etc ).

If by "git gud" you mean cheese it.

9 minutes ago, peekitea said:

Being one shot, no matter which build you bring, on the 3rd tier, and end up losing quite quickly doesn't seem right to me. No, I don't want them to not be able to kill me, but I also don't want to be one shot when I'm playing a tanky warframe. The absence of energy makes this even more grueling. I don't know what some of you "pros" do, but as a decent player this has got to just be a one shot fart fest. 

I'm not talking about being pro or bad here. 
As I said, this is like a TDM, and in TDM you are supposed to die sometimes  (unless you are a god in terms of skill). 
Let me ask you something... have you lost any of these trials? 
because at the moment I think if they don't obliterate your team in the final scoreboard, the mode is well balanced. 
I saw that even people that was getting rekt, was killing at least 2 or 3 grineer champions before dying, and in the final scoreboards the results were pretty favorable to the players. Results like 30 - 4 / 25 - 7/ 15 - 2 ... etc... Grineers weren't even close to make the mission fail...

3 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Did anybody mention that you start the mission with 0 energy and can't use enery pizzas? It's not about using his abilities right. We just flat out can't use them until we find an energy orb, and even that might take too long because Loki is made of wet tissue paper, fighting enemies that can melt Inaros in about a second. 

It takes all of 10 seconds for them to spawn... I don't understand at all why anyone is having trouble with this event... unless you stand still.  loki or valk makes this sooooo easy. Inaros is pretty well off too.

Edited by Stouty22

Just now, Rosalyn said:

The tools are offered to us, they will be used until they are changed for the worse or removed. 

Alright I'll give you that, might as well use them since apparently that's all DE wants us to do these days.

Every time a Loki or Valkyr player complains or brags about things being too easy I grin. I just can't help myself.

Side note: The boss battle was fun, but I hate having to grind back up to face her again.

Edited by SinReplica

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

I'm not talking about being pro or bad here. 
As I said, this is like a TDM, and in TDM you are supposed to die sometimes  (unless you are a god in terms of skill). 
Let me ask you something... have you lost any of these trials? 
because at the moment I think if they don't obliterate your team in the final scoreboard, the mode is well balanced. 
I saw that even people that was getting rekt, was killing at least 2 or 3 grineer champions before dying, and in the final scoreboards the results were pretty favorable to the players. Results like 30 - 4 / 25 - 7/ 15 - 2 ... etc... Grineers weren't even close to make the mission fail...

Played tier 3 once and lost. Tier 2 until I cheesed out and took Mirage and a tonkor, and got pretty lucky. But as soon as I entered tier 3 I immediately died when it started. No amount of jumping around like an idiot or hiding behind hall of mirrors helped. Tonkor didn't kill them sufficiently enough either. I tried knocking them down with sonicor, only to have my back turned just quickly enough for the Drakgoon guy to pop me a new one. Was playing with one other competent player. Had Energy Siphon on. The guy I was playing with was playing Rhino, and he too, got one shot. It was even for a little bit, as we were spending more time trying to not die than trying to kill them. Eventually they caught up and it was over.

Also, there appears to be some glitch where if the enemy has 24 kills we weren't able to make any of ours count. Not sure if anyone has this problem of not.

Just now, SinReplica said:

Every time a Loki or Valkyr players complain or brag about things being too easy I grin. I just can't help myself.

Ok then use inaros, or atlas, and rhino. Litteraly anything semi tanky will work. Inaros is my pick there.

8 minutes ago, Stouty22 said:

It takes all of 10 seconds for them to spawn... I don't understand at all why anyone is having trouble with this event... unless you stand still.  loki or valk makes this sooooo easy. Inaros is pretty well off too.

The fact we are specifically limited to the most cheese capable frames in the game isn't exactly a good sign when it comes to Rathuum's balance at the moment.

1 hour ago, kilerskull said:

Why is it that enemies dealing OP amount of damage is considered as skill or challenging? Cant they come up with other creative ways of making things challenging?

No, they can't. That's why we keep getting it.

The executioner's design is beyond average to begin with. One of them is just a hyekka master, and her HITSCAN ignis instakills players, along with her random firebombs. One of them spawns drones, and these drones do an absolute crapload of damage in LESS than a second, feels like it's doing close to 800 damage right off the bat, in ONE TICK. One of them fires missiles, but I only know he fires missiles because the actual missile projectile effect gets stuck in midair for a second, before you suddenly die, assuming you haven't already been frozen to oblivion. One of them drops mag proc mines which you're going to be lucky to see before you walk near them, further proving the fact that the effect of magnetic procs is fundamentally stupid mechanic. And one is a ballista, which speaks for itself.

This event honestly feels like a flagship for DE's fleet of frustratingly bad design choices; it's full of instakills, bullet sponges, and overall, a complete cancellation of player skill. Just like every new enemy and almost every event that gets released nowadays, your skill is almost irrelevant, cheesing is practically encouraged, and all that matters is the numbers on your gun.

Edited by AdunSaveMe