The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health orbs should restore a percentage of missing HP

AdunSaveMe

6 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Health orbs are almost entirely useless, because they're rare, and they only restore a flat amount of 25 HP. Health restores are a joke and should never be something you have to completely rely on if you haven't brought one of the few frames that can heal you. This is especially harmful for solo play.

Since it's unlikely 25 HP is ever going to be a life-saving change, with a lot of enemies doing 30 times that amount of damage in a single shot (see: ballista), it should instead restore a certain amount of the health you're missing, on top of that flat amount. I see no way it would be unbalanced, just making the pickup actually worthwhile; you can take the risk of scooting out to pick up a health orb, rather than hiding in a corner for a few minutes.

As someone who mains banshee. I agree.

I like to do the syndicate missions solo, and they are a *@##$! I've gone entire missions without seeing a single health orb. Those that i do get are about as useful as me caressing my screen to sooth the my warframe booboo's. 

My build has 740 health, 15 armour. Enemies sneezing in my direction cause grievous bodily harm. What the hell use is 25 health? I literally need to scour the entire map to find enough health orbs to replenish my health.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

And I asked you what will most definitely happen if that does get implemented. Well, what do you think, will it happen? (hint, it's over 99%)

Your reasoning for putting down his idea is completely illogical... and has nothing to support it whatsoever. Just because people might ask for something unbalanced if we get this, is not a reason not to do it. Completely and utterly invalid argument sorry. 

Okay, here's an idea. Let health orbs scale off of missing health, but use THIS formula...

health gained = 25 + 75*(missing health/max health)

This would reward tanky and squishy frames equally. If you are missing almost all of your health, you will receive almost 100 health. If you are missing almost none of your health, you will receive just slightly more than 25. A frame with 5000 max health and 1000 current health would get 25 + .8*75 = 85 health. A frame with 225 max health and 45 current health would get that same 85 health, because he (or she) is missing the same percentage of max health.

This would avoid punishing squishy frames, but also avoid punishing tanks (which is what we do now).

*Edit: obviously we could debate the '75' part. Maybe 100? What do you guys think?

Edited by Lord_Azrael

As a soloist I can say simply that health has never really been an issue for me. Plenty of ways to dodge, take cover, use the environment and skills of the frame to survive. The few occasions where health was being effected an orb in that moment wouldn't of been my first go to choice to keep fighting. I run out of ammo more often than life, energy more often than ammo. 

But with that said a change to the orbs that drop to do % based regen rather than flat numbers is not a bad idea we could certainly do with better/more regen options.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Okay, here's an idea. Let health orbs scale off of missing health, but use THIS formula...

health gained = 25 + 75*(missing health/max health)

This would reward tanky and squishy frames equally. If you are missing almost all of your health, you will receive almost 100 health. If you are missing almost none of your health, you will receive just slightly more than 25. A frame with 5000 max health and 1000 current health would get 25 + .8*75 = 85 health. A frame with 225 max health and 45 current health would get that same 85 health, because he (or she) is missing the same percentage of max health.

This would avoid punishing squishy frames, but also avoid punishing tanks (which is what we do now).

This is essentially what I was saying. Makes health orbs more effective for everyone without nerfing health gain for squishies.

Though, I disagree with the formula. 85 HP for a frame with 5k max HP is going to be nearly as worthless as gaining 25. I'm not saying it needs to heal you to full, but it needs to be effective. Like 30% of your missing HP, as an example.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

On paper, this might sound beneficial to the players, but it can actually cause logistical issues as far as what is an "optimal" build, and will hugely influence the way Health modding is considered. 10% of health to a frame with 250HP is 25, but to a frame who has 1000HP, makes it 100, making health drops much more beneficial to high-health frames-- the same way that flat amounts (25, in this example) are more "beneficial" to low-health frames. I use quotation marks there because with flat recovery amounts, we all get the same mileage out of them. If they were changed to %-based, you'd see everyone polarizing frames for Vitality and Vigor, which constrains the meta.

So, just because a low-health frame will recover more of their maximum HP value for a health orb doesn't equate to high-health frames getting any less value out of them.

Besides, the longevity of a frame is more stringent regarding shields and armor. So long as you can find breathing room in the heat of battle, you'll always have your shield.

(Well, not 'always', but you get what I mean. It's the ideal case-scenario.)

26 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I didn't act that way at all. You just said "no, it doesn't make sense". You responded to a feedback thread but didn't actually contribute anything that we can discuss. You just essentially said "no" and didn't give a reason. "It desn't make sense" is not a reason, because it has no reasoning behind it, and you didn't provide anything beyond that, which means the comment can't be added to the pool of viable arguments.

Yes I did.  "It" refers to your argument.  Your argument didn't make sense to me.

How to help here?

1. DE rework some weapons to have Life Steal built in.
  2. More Life Steal augment for weapons/ frames.
  3. I agree with Health Orbs should restore more than 25 points only.
  4. Some frames should have a low chance of restoring health with certain abilities.
  5. Picking health Orbs up when your health is full increases your health par by few %?
  6. Life Link between frames and companion, if you deal damage it converted to health for your companion and if your companion deals damage it converted to health for you, but only small amount per damage!
  7. Health pizzas release all of its health in one go (same goes for energy pizzas) i never understood why i have to wait for it to finish 4 ticks to get all of it :/
  8. Some missions have Health Stations to restore health? (lol)

My ideas are bad XD

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Though, I disagree with the formula. 85 HP for a frame with 5k max HP is going to be nearly as worthless as gaining 25.

This can be fixed by increasing the 75 multiplier. The point is that if two frames are missing the same *percentage* of their max health, then they get the same *amount* of health back. By what you are suggesting, if a Loki is missing 50% of his 225 health, he gets 25 + .3*112 = 58.6 or 59 health. If a 5k health frame is missing 50% of his health he gets 25 + .3*2500 = 775. So this scheme gives the tank WAY more health than the squish.

My scheme awards both equally, and only cares about how hurt you are relative to your max health. For example, we could make it 25 + 150*(missing health/max health) so that a 5k health frame with 50% missing would get 100 health, and so would a 225 health frame with 50% of *his* max health gone.

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yes I did.  "It" refers to your argument.  Your argument didn't make sense to me.

And I want you to tell me why, so a discussion can come out of it.

Do you just disagree, or does it not make sense in the way you straight up don't understand what I'm saying, and therefore can't agree with it?

3 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

How to help here?

1. DE rework some weapons to have Life Steal built in.
  2. More Life Steal augment for weapons/ frames.
  3. I agree with Health Orbs should restore more than 25 points only.
  4. Some frames should have a low chance of restoring health with certain abilities.
  5. Picking health Orbs up when your health is full increases your health par by few %?
  6. Life Link between frames and companion, if you deal damage it converted to health for your companion and if your companion deals damage it converted to health for you, but only small amount per damage!
  7. Health pizzas release all of its health in one go (same goes for energy pizzas) i never understood why i have to wait for it to finish 4 ticks to get all of it :/
  8. Some missions have Health Stations to restore health? (lol)

My ideas are bad XD

They may or may not be bad, but they're ideas nonetheless.

I'd say there's no such thing as a bad idea but I just know someone's gonna throw Hitler at me.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

This can be fixed by increasing the 75 multiplier. The point is that if two frames are missing the same *percentage* of their max health, then they get the same *amount* of health back. By what you are suggesting, if a Loki is missing 50% of his 225 health, he gets 25 + .3*112 = 58.6 or 59 health. If a 5k health frame is missing 50% of his health he gets 25 + .3*2500 = 775. So this scheme gives the tank WAY more health than the squish.

My scheme awards both equally, and only cares about how hurt you are relative to your max health. For example, we could make it 25 + 150*(missing health/max health) so that a 5k health frame with 50% missing would get 100 health, and so would a 225 health frame with 50% of *his* max health gone.

Look dude, I can't do numbers. I'm just going to smile and nod and let you convince smarter people of the idea.

43 minutes ago, Perral said:

Thing is, in the long run, DE HAS stated that they think that it shouldn't be necessary to have a specific build for a task. There are too many things in the game for that, and it just leads to everyone using the same builds, ignoring everything else.

You shouldn't need to have arcanes, You shouldn't need Trinity, Nekros, or some other healing frame to survive in the long run.

Things like life strike are also out purely because of how rare it is.

Having health orbs give percentage makes perfect sense, since it would make little difference in the beginning, but keep them relevant at the end, while not needing anything specific that requires grinding to get to it.

Saying "Ah yes, but with this specific weapon and mod combination, I am fine!" does not help one bit, as not everyone is using "this specific weapon and mod combination".

Did they really say that? Sounds sort of "lower the grind" tier.

Though if they actually want to do it, I think buffing health orbs is a great step.

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They may or may not be bad, but they're ideas nonetheless.

I'd say there's no such thing as a bad idea but I just know someone's gonna throw Hitler at me.

Certain people seems to have a thing for me whenever i came with a "bad" idea that's why i left a "note" to/ for them so they leave me alone.

Ok on points, i hate low drops of health orbs, at this point you can get a rare mod but health orbs feels even rarer than a rare mod, that's sad.

9 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Life Link between frames and companion, if you deal damage it converted to health for your companion and if your companion deals damage it converted to health for you, but only small amount per damage!

Just throwing this out there, a small "pack leader" style link *between players* would really help survival missions. People would want to stick together more because they have to be close enough to get heals from ally damage. People who run off would miss out on the heals. We already have a life-link from a player to his kubrow, and people have brought up heal mods for kubrows before. But between players... maybe just for survival missions... I like it!

2 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Just throwing this out there, a small "pack leader" style link *between players* would really help survival missions. People would want to stick together more because they have to be close enough to get heals from ally damage. People who run off would miss out on the heals. We already have a life-link from a player to his kubrow, and people have brought up heal mods for kubrows before. But between players... maybe just for survival missions... I like it!

It would work for companions. Not players. Who's going to gimp their build just to give health to nearby allies when they melee stuff?

Plus, mods are a bandaid. Bandaids are very very bad.

10 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Well i meant sentinels, kubrow and kavats but a good idea is good idea, i wish DE would give us extra mod slot that "specialized" in frame to frame support!

7 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It would work for companions. Not players. Who's going to gimp their build just to give health to nearby allies when they melee stuff?

Plus, mods are a bandaid. Bandaids are very very bad.

How about a frame with a "support" ability (almost all frames have support ability of sort) have a chance to occasionally trigger health regen for little bit?

What do i mean by support ability? well lets use Rhino's Roar as an example, if can support the team!

But the chance is small so the health regen don't feel spammy, but that's just me on making an ok thing to have without OMG it will [add BS here]!  

Edited by Prinny13