Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinding For Ash Too Difficult

YellowFlash176

Question

Recently I just started playing Warframe. And after staring at the market for so long on Warframe caught my attention. It's name is Ash. I knew I had to get the frame. Through doing some research I've found out this ninja is almost impossible to acquire. It relies on defeating manics to get a part which I've heard has a low drop chance. Is there a efficient way to farm for Ash parts?

Edited by YellowFlash176

8 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Draco would be best place to farm ash if your not into nightmare LoR , mision is endless and manics spawn every round , also nekros could help with hes desicrate power .

I've only seen/heard a few Maniacs in Draco recently - I wouldn't say every round but maybe I wasn't paying attention and the teammates killed him before I saw him?

According to the wiki:

- A Manic will almost always spawn after 14 to 16 minutes in a Grineer Survival mission, or after about 5 Excavators in a Grineer Excavation mission.

- Titania, Uranus, the location of the Tyl Regor Assassination, seems to have a high chance to spawn Manics, at about 1 per mission. (Now spawns 4 or more during the Boss Fight)

45 minutes ago, Cenat said:

First off, Ash sucks. Use Loki. And new players shouldn't be aiming for Warframes that take time like Vauban, Ash and Ivara. If you are good enough, do either the Uranus boss fight or TLOR raid. I got all Ash parts in 2 raids. 

First off, that's an opinion, but his abilities do very good damage. 

Why should new players not go after something they think they would like?

You know he's a new player but then you suggest he goes to do a raid? What even...

On-Topic: there isnt exactly an efficient way other than just killing manic you come across, however like Jalastin said, if you know how to get they keys for him go ahead and start grinding in the void for his parts. Good luck :D

Ash is great. He is my main.

Saying people shouldn't try to play certain frames because of how they drop is poor form. Yes it is difficult to get Ash, Vauban, Ivara or Oberon but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Now to the OP the Manic will only spawn if the level's alarm is active, including missions where the alarm is active from the start (e.g. Excavation/Survivals).

Try missions where you can complete the objective but enemies can still spawn (Spy, Capture, Sab, Deception). Complete the missions objective and let the enemies activate the alarm. And just sit and see if the Manics spawn. Not 100% sure this will work but worth a try.

27 minutes ago, Jalastin said:

If you really want to get Ash, I found that trying to grind for Ash Prime was better than getting the normal Ash. (Prime Warframes/weapons are better version of pre-existing items)

My rule is to get the base version first so that I can get used to the weapon and also to get the mastery for it.

59 minutes ago, HadrosaurHero said:

My rule is to get the base version first so that I can get used to the weapon and also to get the mastery for it.

Ah, that makes sense, and it really is good for the long run. I just mentioned it as an option.

Okay, as a devoted aficionado of Loki, I STILL give props to Ash.  His invisibility is inferior, and he can only telelport to enemies.  HOWEVER, if you ignore the killing power of Bladestorm, you're doing yourself a disservice.

I think that there needs to be more ways to get Ash, he was one of the original, primary frames, and a lot of players like his aesthetics and abilities.  Locking him away behind Manics almost means that Ash Prime is just as easy to acquire.  Manics are not only too rare, but difficult to defeat for non-veterans, and I for one do not enjoy fighting them.

Oberon drops from ANY EXIMUS, so his parts can come from almost literally any mission.  

On behalf of the newer player, Ash needs a second method of acquisition.  But then again "Platinum sales" might be a motivator.

11 hours ago, Cenat said:

First off, Ash sucks. Use Loki. And new players shouldn't be aiming for Warframes that take time like Vauban, Ash and Ivara. If you are good enough, do either the Uranus boss fight or TLOR raid. I got all Ash parts in 2 raids. 

I disagree , loki isint for new players , second ash doesnt suck if you faild to see what ash truly offers besides press 4 when you have no right to speak about him , hes beast if played right .

Draco would be best place to farm ash if your not into nightmare LoR , mision is endless and manics spawn every round , also nekros could help with hes desicrate power .

If you wanna grind for Ash, then I suggest you farm Manics in Uranus. Specifically the node where you fight Tyl Regor, 2 Manics are guaranteed to spawn in each phase of the fight. Don't forget to get a Nekros/Hydroid(or both if possible) in your team to increase your chances of getting drops.

Sorry, I personally haven't got Ash parts from Drekar Manics too but I haven't really farmed them either(only time I ever killed them was when I was farming for Equinox). My bad, I just assumed that it's an effective way to farm them because they're guaranteed to spawn but that doesn't seem to be the case. Though, It looks like DE added Ash parts to Drekar Manics drops just recently/it's just really rare but it is possible to get them. Otherwise, just do raids if you're strong enough cause Manics spawn constantly throughout the mission.

Disclaimer: not my screenshot

latest?cb=20160329064556

Edited by Quadriga
Added some clarification

23 hours ago, Cenat said:

Almost any frame can be good if player correct. lor raids are the best ways to get ash i would say. but seeing as he is fairly new i'd say the uranus boss fight would be the best option.

On 5/3/2016 at 0:15 PM, PHW0AR said:

Yes it is difficult to get Ash, Vauban, Ivara or Oberon but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

I agree Ash is great. But is Oberon really that hard to get? I thought he was one of the easiest frames to get. Or not any more?

6 hours ago, Quadriga said:

If you wanna grind for Ash, then I suggest you farm Manics in Uranus. Specifically the node where you fight Tyl Regor, 2 Manics are guaranteed to spawn in each phase of the fight. Don't forget to get a Nekros/Hydroid(or both if possible) in your team to increase your chances of getting drops.

i don't think those manics drop any ash parts - i know i haven't got a single one while farming equinox (70 or so runs xO)

23 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

I disagree , loki isint for new players , second ash doesnt suck if you faild to see what ash truly offers besides press 4 when you have no right to speak about him , hes beast if played right .

Incorrect. Manics do not spawn every round in Draco. They have a very slight chance to spawn at all. The normal LoR raid is the best bet to farm him without spending a ridiculous amount of time to do so. The other decent place would be Titania, the Tyl Regor fight.

15 hours ago, PHW0AR said:

- Titania, Uranus, the location of the Tyl Regor Assassination, seems to have a high chance to spawn Manics, at about 1 per mission. (Now spawns 4 or more during the Boss Fight)

For the sake of avoiding confusion, please edit your post about this above. Tyl Regor's fight spawns Drekkar Manics, which don't have Ash on their drop table.

Only Grineer Manics do, which can still spawn in said mission due to alarms raised, but it's a whole other thing and only 1 is spawned at a time.

I've picked up Ash's parts mainly in the Law of Retribution raid.  I think after 7 runs, I have 11 fulls sets. :X  

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Law_of_Retribution

Running LoR isn't hard when you have at least 4 experienced players on your 8 player team.  You can also start up a raid key with the specific intent of farming Ash; ran with someone that did that for their new newbie clan members.

If you aren't up for farming, you can always wade into the Trade system and purchase him fully built (with a slot) from the Market.  I personally avoid Trade Chat, but if you're savvy, it wont take long.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_System

Look to acquire full Prime sets; Warframe, Weapon and Sentinel. Carrier Prime will probably sell faster than Wyrm Prime, Nova Prime, Trinity Prime, Loki Prime are good sellers IIRC as well.

3 hours ago, Manyc said:

For the sake of avoiding confusion, please edit your post about this above. Tyl Regor's fight spawns Drekkar Manics, which don't have Ash on their drop table.

Only Grineer Manics do, which can still spawn in said mission due to alarms raised, but it's a whole other thing and only 1 is spawned at a time.

Although that certainly used to be the case, there may have been an update to that.  The Wiki claims that Drekkar Manics drop the chassis and the systems (but not the helmet).  I'm not on my XB1 right now to check the codex, however.

12 hours ago, Manyc said:

I got that from the Wiki (copy paste) :)

2 minutes ago, PHW0AR said:

I got that from the Wiki (copy paste) :)

The wikia can be edited by anyone, even to troll or spread false information.

I just now checked the ingame Codex, Grineer Manic still mentions dropping all 3 pieces, Drekkar Manic shows none.

From certain sources at reddit I'd support my info that Drekkar yet still doesn't drop them. 

The Wiki is confusing - but like Manyc states it can be edited by anyone so...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ash

"Component blueprints drop from Manics" - note it states "Manics" nor Drekkar Manics.

But:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Manic

"Dashing in for quick strikes before falling back to the shadows, the Grineer Manic is difficult to catch and deadly to ignore. Although only a few Manics will spawn in a given Grineer mission, its speed and damage make it a devastating enemy to face.

Manics have a chance to drop Ash blueprints upon death"

Also in the Variants section:

Drekkar Manic

Other Drops Ash Chassis Blueprint

Ash Systems Blueprint

Note how the top part states "Grineer Manics" but the 2nd states "Manics". This could be a simple mistake on the editor not understanding the difference, or it could be that all Manic Types are included in that 2nd statement?

If people are running Tyl Regor and killing Manics and not getting any drops after multiple runs then we can assume the Wiki is wrong.

The Codex has also been wrong in the past.

LOL

On 2016-05-04 at 1:22 AM, CheeseHasLeafs said:

I agree Ash is great. But is Oberon really that hard to get? I thought he was one of the easiest frames to get. Or not any more?

I agree that he should still try but grinding for a better frame via bosses is much better for getting into the game. I suggest you go for rhino, go around unlocking places while collecting mods and go to raid or tyl when you understand the game better