Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro and old players...

can he bring something new for old players already?

i havent bought anything from him 5 or 6th time in a row 

or make 2 separate traders: 

one that bring old stuff every week

and one that bring new stuff every 2 weeks

also the kubrow armor  looks like some one just smashed 2 metal plates onto my kubrow head, its so lazily done that it hurts my eyes

How about if he just sells everything all the time, with new things added each time he comes back? I guess it would destroy the value on people who make plat with the weapons but then everyone would be able to have everything. I still don't have many of the Prime Mods. Sure, I don't absolutely need them, but you can't say the added damage bousnes aren't nice.

Just now, peekitea said:

How about if he just sells everything all the time, with new things added each time he comes back? I guess it would destroy the value on people who make plat with the weapons but then everyone would be able to have everything. I still don't have many of the Prime Mods. Sure, I don't absolutely need them, but you can't say the added damage bousnes aren't nice.

That wouldn't really fit with baro, he sells the items he sells because there are not a lot of them left, according to him ;)

Wouldn't really make sense for him to have all items all the time.

Just now, deadslave said:

That wouldn't really fit with baro, he sells the items he sells because there are not a lot of them left, according to him ;)

Wouldn't really make sense for him to have all items all the time.

Let's not make debates on what make sense about a game which involves children space ninja.

There's the salt merchant thread.  I was starting to get worried. 

Spoiler

You know what's behind this door.

Spoiler

ZYakUku.png

Personally, I took a look at what he has for you all, and I'm relieved the only thing I'll need ducats for is the kubrow armor - I've got all the primes (except Vectis), and I'd much rather spend my time farming arcanes, forma'ing, and farming focus than farming the void for trash to sell to Baro's kiosk.

19 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

The reason that he doesn't bring new stuff every week (besides giving new players a chance at getting the old stuff) is that back when he did just bring new items after new items after new items there was massive complaints on the forum that it was too much of a grind and that it was too hard to keep up with his stock and that DE should slow him down so he brings less new stuff so that they have time to get ducats instead of being forced to grind 1K+ ducats every two weeks.

DE listened and now everyone complains that he never brings new stuff.

SMH

No matter what Baro does people will complain left and right.

There are two options for Baro:

1) He brings new stuff all the time, but it's stuff that has at most two weeks of time and thought put into it.

2) He brings lots of repeat items but, when new things are added, they're not just some rushed junk.

You can't have DE hurry up and take their time creating new items, so I prefer the second option. I'd rather have good things than lots of things, plus the availability of old items means there's less incentive for everybody to stockpile and scalp them.

I personally don't care what Baro brings for newbies, I had a feeling bringing Primed mods was a bad idea to begin with.

If we are really lucky, there might be a new Primed mod in the future, but honestly, I am much more interested in Cosmetics and Special Weapons from Baro.

Maybe the least DE can do for older players is to sell them boosts, which I will probably grab whenever it is on sale to go farm materials. 

18 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

or make 2 separate traders: 

one that bring old stuff every week

Don't get me wrong but this probably a bad idea because Prime parts value changes when new Prime parts introduced to the void, which means you are going to burn yourself out with "bad" drops and you won't have the time to do other things in this game.

Don't forget that when Star Chat 3.0 goes live we won't have free access to the Void as we do now which means not enough Ducats to buy whatever he will bring in the future.

When you acquire Prime parts you either keep if for yourself, sell it for plats or ducats it, what will you do when you have only one set of anything and you wanted to keep it for your friend but you don't have enough Ducats on you? you will have to make a tough call then, Ducats it or cry!

Having him come over every 2 weeks is not that bad and not bringing anything new is not bad either, you are saving Ducats while farming more Prime parts to Ducats at the same time for when he brings something worthwhile :D

4 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Having him come over every 2 weeks is not that bad and not bringing anything new is not bad either, you are saving Ducats while farming more Prime parts to Ducats at the same time for when he brings something worthwhile :D

i havent bought anything from him for 5 or 6th time in a row , how much longer you want me to save my ducats?

Why can't DE promise ALL new items every 2 rotations? There is a difference between waiting on new content, and waiting 6 rotations (12 weeks, 3 MONTHS) for new items. Baro needs new WEAPONS, not just a kitears Sydnana every 4 rotations.

Just now, -BE-VoltageKg said:

Why can't DE promise ALL new items every 2 rotations? There is a difference between waiting on new content, and waiting 6 rotations (12 weeks, 3 MONTHS) for new items. Baro needs new WEAPONS, not just a kitears Sydnana every 4 rotations.

4 weeks still seems short for DE to churn out new stuff, very unlikely to be top quality.

I don't really see what's so bad about the current system. It's not like you lose something when he brings old items. And, it's fair for people who either missed it or were not capable of getting it before. Save up for when something new comes, buy new copies of this old stuff to sell later when it's rare again, there's plenty of use for every arrival.

2 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

i havent bought anything from him for 5 or 6th time in a row , how much longer you want me to save my ducats?

Don't worry bro, that day will come and maybe will hit so hard that you will cry " i don't have enough Ducats for all of this!!!", just be patient, your day will come! 

2 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Don't worry bro, that day will come and maybe will hit so hard that you will cry " i don't have enough Ducats for all of this!!!", just be patient, your day will come! 

how dafuq 8-9k~ducats would be not enough lul

4 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

how dafuq 8-9k~ducats would be not enough lul

You never know, do you know that on the day Baron brings new things some of your friends won't ask you to cover for them?

Happened to me and i almost cried for not having enough Ducats on me and ended up in the Void for hours to the point i got burnt up :/