The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Proto-Armor should get PBR now!

Cyborg-Rox

Since Excalibur Prime's PBR treatment last week, the Excalibur Proto-Armor is now the only piece of Excalibur's arsenal that doesn't have PBR. It's also the only Deluxe Skin without PBR, and the Proto-Glaive, which I guess you can call the "Deluxe Weapon skin" does have PBR. Because of all this, I think the Proto-Armor deserves to be given some priority.
Our technocyte hero needs some love ;-;

What do you guys think?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

6 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Is it not already PBR?, same for the Nyx Skin

The Nyx Nemesis skin, along with the Proto-Glaive, was released after the period where they started adding PBR to all new content.
The Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin is a year older, and DE haven't updated it with PBR.

Just now, Genitive said:

Don't worry, everything will get PBR'd eventually. I think all the primes have new textures finally, so now the rest will get them.

Sure, sure, but I'm just so excited for it! I mean the metallic technocyte on the Nemesis skin just looks soooo awesome, but on the Proto-Armor it looks more like polished plastic.

Just now, ArionLightning said:

Sorry for my ignorance but.... what is PBR? xDDDD

Simply put, it's a visual upgrade on textures. With PBR comes a lot of realistic-looking materials and surfaces, whereas without PBR everything just looks like plastic.

2 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Sorry for my ignorance but.... what is PBR? xDDDD

When textures are updated with PBR they no longer look plastic and trashy. The corpus helmet, for example, looked like lego before it got the PBR treatment, while it now looks metallic and shiny, That's not a great explanation but it should clear things up :P

1 hour ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

My Obsidian Excalibur skin doesnt have PBR either though does it? 

Oh... right, didn't think of that. To be fair though, that's not available anymore, and it's only for PS4-Tenno.

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Physical Based Rendering:

https://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-theory

On Warframe, what PBR looks like (first shot is old materials, second shot is PBR):

Warframe0243.jpg

Warframe0627.jpg

Ummm... I'm pretty sure that Nyx hasn't hasn't received her PBR yet unless that bottom photo is an official preview. The best way to spot a frame or weapon with PBR is the fact that you can now color the gold bits on a prime, so the photos you are showing aren't useful unless you show the color choices. All non-PBR'd frames and weapons will finally get their PBR U19.

DistortedInconsequentialEkaltadeta-size_

Edited by (PS4)LenKun98
PBR Nyx is extremely sexy

5 hours ago, (PS4)LenKun98 said:

Ummm... I'm pretty sure that Nyx hasn't hasn't received her PBR yet unless that bottom photo is an official preview.

Nyx Prime on PC has received the PBR treatment, can confirm.

15 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Since Excalibur Prime's PBR treatment last week, the Excalibur Proto-Armor is now the only piece of Excalibur's arsenal that doesn't have PBR. It's also the only Deluxe Skin without PBR, and the Proto-Glaive, which I guess you can call the "Deluxe Weapon skin" does have PBR. Because of all this, I think the Proto-Armor deserves to be given some priority.
Our technocyte hero needs some love ;-;

What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/gdAqzdU.gif