Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I see Rhino and other tank frames...

Mighty-Rhino

38 minutes ago, Distruco22 said:

well rhino can tank better than mostly all warframes Including chroma

Rhino has

CC immunity

Knockback Immunity

Proc Immunity

drain wont negatively affect him

and 80k iron skin

Can he heal himself, buff allies (except for damage boost) or get anywhere fast like other tanks can?

7 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

Can he heal himself, buff allies (except for damage boost) or get anywhere fast like other tanks can?

Life Strike lets him heal himself, yes he buffs allies, his arcane vanguard helmet makes him stupidly fast.

22 minutes ago, Reitrahc said:

Life Strike lets him heal himself, yes he buffs allies, his arcane vanguard helmet makes him stupidly fast.

One im not talking about mods on other things because then I could include health plates,companions,syndicate procs, life strike,winds of purity,etc I mean with just his abilites.

I said buff other then damage so he could compete with chroma and nezha.

And not many people have an arcane vanguard helmet so that doesn't really count.

Just now, shadowfire380 said:

One im not talking about mods on other things because then I could include health plates,companions,syndicate procs, life strike,winds of purity,etc I mean with just his abilites.

I said buff other then damage so he could compete with chroma and nezha.

And not many people have an arcane vanguard helmet so that doesn't really count.

Most self healing in the game comes from Life Strike. Whether you like it or not, Life Strike is a method of self healing available to Rhino.

Damage buffing is generally more useful than tanky buffing because giving squishy frames a large percentage of armor won't really matter since it's only raising their miniscule base armor by a percentage of itself, resulting in a still small amount of armor, while damage buffing is a straight buff to damage. Like it or not AGAIN, Rhino buffs. And he buffs better than Chroma.

Rhino is not slow even without the Vanguard helmet. If Chroma wants to outspeed Rhino, he needs to give up his ability to be a tank.

All of your arguments against Rhino are invalid. I'll also point out that Rhino has literally one of the best crowd control abilities in the game, making him amazing for utility.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:23 AM, Trichouette said:

The difference being in a pvp you can play a tank by being in front, in warframe a tank has literally no use as "being tanky" (unless for the fact he survives better)

In warframe a tank has no way to take damage for his teamates. And no i'm not talking about a taunt like in an MMORPG, with the aggro/threat system blablabla.

Just talking about giving a warframe a real TAUNT and this would deserve to be called a "tank" to me.

eh...The "front" in a pvp scenario can be just as random as i is in a pve scenerio. Other players can attack from any angle. Likewise in warframe the enemies can attack from any angle. In both cases the core idea of tanking would be to put yourself in between your allies and the enemy. Initiate, Impede and survive....basic tanking tactics. I wont speak for anyone else but I personally find such tactics quite useful when I play Warframe with friends. Still..I would like to some well placed taunts as well.

13 hours ago, Reitrahc said:

Most self healing in the game comes from Life Strike. Whether you like it or not, Life Strike is a method of self healing available to Rhino.

Damage buffing is generally more useful than tanky buffing because giving squishy frames a large percentage of armor won't really matter since it's only raising their miniscule base armor by a percentage of itself, resulting in a still small amount of armor, while damage buffing is a straight buff to damage. Like it or not AGAIN, Rhino buffs. And he buffs better than Chroma.

Rhino is not slow even without the Vanguard helmet. If Chroma wants to outspeed Rhino, he needs to give up his ability to be a tank.

All of your arguments against Rhino are invalid. I'll also point out that Rhino has literally one of the best crowd control abilities in the game, making him amazing for utility.

Wait what are you saying? Chroma's ability to replenish life via lifestrike far exceeds rhino's due to Chroma's synergy with the rage mod. And not counting the Vanguard helmet, Chroma inherently has higher base movement speed than rhino and equal to rhino prime. Ive never had to give up my speed to tank as chroma.

Indeed Chroma's support buffs are poorly implemented ( I think DE needs to tweak them) and Rhino is better for CC overall. This does not mean that either frame couldn't use some work on them....

14 hours ago, shadowfire380 said:

Yes to all...  I am ignoring your *(except for damage boost)* caveat as a buff is a buff.

Iron Skin's ability to be re-applied acts as a Heal as it stops damage as opposed to just merely reducing it.

Charge has always been a viable movement skill with little modding and now shares decent synergy with the modding on the other skills. 

The tanks in this game aren't really comparable to each other as they do their jobs differently and have different flavors in the process.

The one area I'd look at as comparable is how effective they are in short, medium, and long range.

Objectively, I'd call Valkyr the weakest as she has the least flexibility of the bunch in that respect.

Personally, I still play Rhino in sorties, but I stopped playing him as a tank when he got the rework. When that happened I was able to kit him out as a solid CC frame that can lock down a room instantly and keep it that way, and then clear a path for the group when the spawns get so large they block choke points. It's invaluable on the rescue sorties and when combines with a limbo, they become the easiest mission type for my group to do, no matter what the handicap. I think a lot of players still view rhino today as he was before the rework.

That being said, for pure inmortality and team synergy, Inaros is probably the tankiest atm in skilled hands, in my opinion. Built right he can do solid healing w/o constantlt watching health bars, CC groups, one shot them and instantly heal from it, clear paths with no worries, and with a rage mod, never worry about energy management. But that's the trick, "skilled hands." Any frame will shine when played by a person who knows it, and any frame, no matter how good, will be lackluster if the player never learned to play it.

İnaros says hi...After i get the inaros i just trashed the rhino :D quick thinking + rage is makes you almost immortal and if you bring healt steal too there is almost no chance to die...Rhino's iron skin fails to hold on after lvl 60+ without augment mods... You will get max 7.2 k (or somewhat close) armor from it but  that bombards will just take it down wit 4-5 hit...

Since it has become a rhino discussion I'd like to chip in why I prefer him over even Inaros (which is my second favorite frame)

my reasons are pretty simple:

1. Looks. We all know endgame is fashion. Rhino is bulky af, especially with the palatine skin. He looks great.

2. Diverse skill set. Good/great room cc, movement/oh crap skill with charge. Decent/good invulnerability skill though better with ironclad charge as it can give him a really large iron skill armor pool. Great team buff. With my build I can give everyone in a good radius 3x damage multiplier that lasts for 40 secs. Saw many people thank me for that. 

A starter can die with any frame. An experienced player can make, almost, everything work.

IMO, it's a fun frame to play with. It was my first build frame. And loved it. I have tinkered a lot woth the frame on how to mod it and feel that I have the perfect mod setup for my allround play style. Sure, other frame have better god modes. Sure, other frames have better cc (Booben my fav cc frame). And sure, others might have a different, better (subjective in certain cases) team/self buffs. But rhino has a good variant of em all. 

I will try to show my build tomorrow when I am on my pc again. If I remember to do so.

anyways, I feel that DE has done a good job on making dicferent types of tanky frames with different team effective skills and different mechanics on how they work. We have a wide variety to work with. Choose which is to your liking.

p.s. I LOVE ironclad augment. I love skill synergy and this mod gave it. It feels great charging into the thick of it to gain more armor and then go ham with a melee weapon with your iron skin freshly applied. It's a fun play style.

Edited by DLGrave

On 5/13/2016 at 2:55 PM, WARLOCKE said:

Except Rhino stops being a tank when sorties and t4 start getting run.. Sorry, I had to.

Yeah, if you don't know how to mod him. Ironclad charge Rhino can easily go past 70 min on T4 run.

6 minutes ago, Danfu said:

Yeah, if you don't know how to mod him. Ironclad charge Rhino can easily go past 70 min on T4 run.

Yeah... I snickered at that one too.

Sorties and T4 are roughly about the only times I feel like Stomp starts to matter.

And I find it funny how people think tanks have no role in this game.

Tanks exist here to run objectives that squishy frames can't. 

My Mirage doesn't want to pop life support unless the nearest enemy is a tile away. My Chroma laughs at their petty bullets while popping one.

Tanky frames also dish out more sustained dps as they can stay in tge firing line for longer. 

How do you guys are managing all that IS health with ICS? I don't know if PS4 is bugged or what but everytime I charge at a large group of enemies it only picks like 4 or 6 and instead of sending them flying Rhino gets stuck in animation in the group... Please explain or show video.

Personally I feel that we need more utility frames than tank frames. A tank doesn't really fit into the ninja category, as such...but we already have several. Ah well.

Semi-relevant to OP

Just imagine the Heavy as a Chroma, and the Medic as a Trin/Broberon