Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Wind - Mod

BiancaRoughfin

So iv been thinking allot lately when seeing my teammates fall and many times die at a distance and thought there should be a way to extend that time we have to try in ressurect them.

My Idea is a mod that would allow a fallen player to stay alive longer by recovering its death bar when an enemy is killed.

The Second Wind mod would be a D polarity mod with initial cost of 4 and at max of 8 where the player would recover 3/6/9/12/15% of their death bar when they kill an enemy.

Additionaly have it also contribue to the player`s ressurection speed, recovering 1/2/3/4/5% of the ressurection bar when he kills an enemy and a Teammate is ressurecting him. This would give the player in high rank or wave stages a reason to continue shooting and killing wile being ressurected to get back to safty quicker, not to mention keeping his teammate less time exposed to enemy fire.

Whilst an interesting concept, I'd say the numbers are pretty high at the moment. If they were 1HKOing enemies they would be able to recover much faster than they needed with automatic weaponry. I'd suggest the maximum bleedout time added be around 5-10% per kill, otherwise you could stay in bleedout almost indeterminately instead of delaying the inevitable.

I support the idea :D

Edited by Azure_Kyte

No, Sentinels have the Sanctuary mod that generates a protective shield around its owner wile he ressurecs another player.

I'm talking about Guardian...

Why do we need a Second Wind when we have this...?

This game is already easy enough...

I'm talking about Guardian...

Why do we need a Second Wind when we have this...?

This game is already easy enough...

Because if you're already down then Guardian does nothing...

Although I do agree that we really need some endgame difficulty. My first T3 Void run was the most fun I've had in a while...

Because if you're already down then Guardian does nothing...

Although I do agree that we really need some endgame difficulty. My first T3 Void run was the most fun I've had in a while...

If you go down regarding HP then you've been a bit careless...

I wont accept this until the game becomes more difficult...we already overpower the endgame anyway...

Because if you're already down then Guardian does nothing...Although I do agree that we really need some endgame difficulty. My first T3 Void run was the most fun I've had in a while...

Place guardian in your first slot. I have to be doing something really silly to die unless its a high wave toxic

Nah. Not cause I don't think the revive function doesn't need anything, but because it's a bad idea over all to have a mod made for this. Equipping a mod that only helps you when you're dying means the wearer is planning on dying. Buffing defense mods that work when you're living would be a better idea.

That being said, I would like to see more development in the basic user interface and standard mechanics of the revive function.

If you go down regarding HP then you've been a bit careless...

I wont accept this until the game becomes more difficult...we already overpower the endgame anyway...

Pluto normal missions don't count as endgame content, try Pluto/Eris defense past wave 20 first.

Creative Idea.

+1

I also wanted to throw the idea out there while on this topic.

How about a mod that increases movement speed while downed? (After they fix when you can't move. That get annoying)

But before that, there need to be a way to encourage players to move to cover rather than having teammates revive them while in the middle of a gunfight...