The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Ult abilities?

TeaBegging

All things considered, Banshee's ult is kind of sad. Good stun, but it drains energy like crazy for minimal damage. Especially since Silence can also stun in radius, and Sonic Boom is a full-out knockdown, both being less costly. 

EDIT: I found that the augment for Sound Quake is fabulous, disregard this

Edited by Cazzzz

2 hours ago, Cazzzz said:

All things considered, Banshee's ult is kind of sad. Good stun, but it drains energy like crazy for minimal damage. Especially since Silence can also stun in radius, and Sonic Boom is a full-out knockdown, both being less costly. 

play banshee´s ult with the new augment mod and he is the best ulti off all 

i think the useless ability ever is zephyrs 

2 minutes ago, Doomauculas said:

i agree with nekros shadows being bad. they cant kill much. their AI is atrocious. needs redone

They grab enemy attention at the very least.

I can't stand how bad Mend is. No aura for having it channeled as you build up heal points, has to build up heal points by killing enemies in your radius, limited range, and heal points beyond a certain point are completely useless.

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

They grab enemy attention at the very least.

I can't stand how bad Mend is. No aura for having it channeled as you build up heal points, has to build up heal points by killing enemies in your radius, limited range, and heal points beyond a certain point are completely useless.

it's half an ult you've just mentioned

the fact that mend and maim can even be used as a heal, on top of it's top tier nuking power and cc makes it one of the best ults in the game

on topic:I don't know why, but the AI for rumblers whenever I play is basically "hey look a nullifier, better jump into them and delete myself"

5 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

it's half an ult you've just mentioned

the fact that mend and maim can even be used as a heal, on top of it's top tier nuking power and cc makes it one of the best ults in the game

It's not half an ult; Mend and Maim are on the same key but separate. I'd consider what you said to hold some truth if switching forms carried over the accumulated points, but it doesn't. You build up 1,000,000 for Maim and switch to Night form, you lose all of that and need to rack it up again. Mend is terrible, Maim is not.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I think asking for 'useless' ones is going to get more anecdotal responses than anything.  A number of frames have situational ones, but I kind of wish they all were.  World ending abilities are kind of blah.  Running around with ember's ultimate on the whole time isn't very engaging gameplay.  Using sound quake whilst someone revives though is more fun to me.  constantly mashing '4' while using ash is not fun because you can literally stop watching the screen for a while.  However, a well placed chroma flesh dragon can spare you a few moments while you reload or recover with a golden pizza.  Ultimates should be strong situational abilities that synergism well with other abilities. If they let you tune out while playing, then they're bad.