The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

I don't think it's a good idea because it would be too much work to get it to not look weird when wall-hopping, jumping, blocking or doing anything really. Look at Atlas. They tried to make him bigger than most frames and bulkier and now he looks strange when doing certain actions like blocking. A fat frame would need custom animations and an entirely new rig for a single frame. 

So no. Too much work for just "a little more diversity".

This is either out of a desire to fulfil a fetish, or out of some notion of 'fairness'. Either way, there is absolutely no reason at all for warframe bigger than the ones we have now. I'm not voting for more like nekros, but there's no need or reason for anything like in the OP.

1 minute ago, Iceheart125 said:

This is either out of a desire to fulfil a fetish, or out of some notion of 'fairness'. Either way, there is absolutely no reason at all for warframe bigger than the ones we have now. I'm not voting for more like nekros, but there's no need or reason for anything like in the OP.

the artwork is just added because its the only type of warframe related artwork I could find. ;)

5 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

the artwork is just added because its the only type of warframe related artwork I could find. ;)

And yet, I remain unconvinced. If my body type was implemented in a frame (6'1, 300lbs, fair amount of muscle), as a supersoldier robot, it'd have a .65 runspeed at most. There's no instance in which this fetish needs to be added outside of fanart. 

Edited by Iceheart125

2 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

Ninja's are also not: Rhinos, Pirates, Cowboys, Faries, Mummies, Lobsters, Magnets, Magicians etc. etc.

Sooooo really anything is possible with Warframe.

Fix the quote. I didn't write that

... No.

* Warframes aren't people.

* Parkour 2.0 is a thing.

* "Large" and "Fat" are different things. I have no problem with "Large", nor do DE: Atlas, Rhino, Chroma, Hydroid and Vauban all already exist.

Edited by Chroia

Thats nonsensical as has been said already. Elite forces dont accept obese people for a reason. YES, i know, an IRL comparison but one that makes sense. 

If you really want 'fat' then rhino is your best bet. Rhino's the 'strongman' type.

Just now, marshmellory said:

diversity is not a bad idea, but everyone already threw a temper tantrum when soprana banshee was """too fat""" so obviously that's never gonna happen

I liked her.

2 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

You can highlight parts of a post and still quote it.

Example:

This is the guy you quoted and then replaced his name with mine.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Gray Silhouette said:

Ninjas aren't fat.

Being bulky has FAR too many disadvantages to it, especially if the name of the game is to be stealthy and agile.

1 minute ago, That1Cactus said:

You can highlight parts of a post and still quote it.

Example:

Deshiel never said that quote at allthough. Go back to the first page you'll see the quote was by someone else disagreeing with deshiel. You accidentally transposed the quote, I've accidentally done it myself with the new forums.

Just now, Deshiel said:

This is the guy you quoted and then replaced his name with mine.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Deshiel never said that quote at allthough. Go back to the first page you'll see the quote was by someone else disagreeing with deshiel. You accidentally transposed the quote, I've accidentally done it myself with the new forums.

Well then blame the Forums still because I quoted it from there.

Either way. There really isn't much of a limit to a body shape or Ninja theme in Warframe with a lot of bulky Warframes that can do the same amount of mobility as any other.

Look at hydroid, his body type seems to match that nova up there. As for those saying "not ninja" uh...again, Hydroid is a freaking pirate...look at Rhino, he is very NOT ninja, big and bulky and ect. I'm sure we could fit in a sumo wrestler kind of warframe at some point...

1 minute ago, That1Cactus said:

Well then blame the Forums still because I quoted it from there.

Either way. There really isn't much of a limit to a body shape or Ninja theme in Warframe with a lot of bulky Warframes that can do the same amount of mobility as any other.

Like I said I've done it myself without realizing and I still haven't figured out why it's happening. New forums have a lot of buggy stuff quotes often end up truncated or otherwise deceiving. I miss the old forums. : (

To the original post picture, was that the fat frame you were talking about or more of a beefier version of a rhino? If it is the latter then the two pics or so is kinda misleading. Also in my perspective even though DE can put what ever they want into their game; they still follow some type of theme which I would say is a military theme because of having tenno as a spec ops force for the orokin. I would believe that a conventional military will overlook very buffed guys, my image is that of body builder Arnold Schwarzenegger,  dues to the possibility of acting as a positive moral boost for the soldiers while a spec ops division or something similar to it would probably have a certain body they want or a general idea of one for the variety of missions that these men or women have to go under. The other way I see it is that since the tenno were made during the great war by the orokin; the orokin would try to cut corners as an example would be how much can I cut down on materials to make this warframe assuming that the warframes were assembled rather than grown based of how the foundry works and the orokin were very idealistic of the word perfection in my opinion.

Just now, Dewsitine said:

To the original post picture, was that the fat frame you were talking about or more of a beefier version of a rhino? If it is the latter then the two pics or so is kinda misleading. Also in my perspective even though DE can put what ever they want into their game; they still follow some type of theme which I would say is a military theme because of having tenno as a spec ops force for the orokin. I would believe that a conventional military will overlook very buffed guys, my image is that of body builder Arnold Schwarzenegger,  dues to the possibility of acting as a positive moral boost for the soldiers while a spec ops division or something similar to it would probably have a certain body they want or a general idea of one for the variety of missions that these men or women have to go under. The other way I see it is that since the tenno were made during the great war by the orokin; the orokin would try to cut corners as an example would be how much can I cut down on materials to make this warframe assuming that the warframes were assembled rather than grown based of how the foundry works and the orokin were very idealistic of the word perfection in my opinion.

This is a good point. Thanks for sharing it with me.

IMHO asking for an overweight frame is not asking for diversity. It is glorifying an unhealthy lifestyle. I was overweight as a child up until I was about 16 and went to military school. I lost so much weight and gained so much muscle, that I feel so much more alive and healthy. I am a husky person in general. I will never be able to wear any shirts below an XL, I might be able to squeeze into a Large but never something smaller. But saying that we need a "fat" frame for the sake of some warped notion of "diversity" and "representation" is a very stupid thing. Being fat is not naturally occurring, being fat simply means that people lack the, Drive, knowledge, and willingness to better themselves.

Warframe is all about speed, agility, and physical toughness. And WF already has Bulky and Husky characters. Rhino, Vauban, Atlas, Hydroid, all are bulky frames. Hek even Nova has some pretty nice curves on her.

We shouldnt glorify unhealthy living and obesity. We should encourage and help those people better themselves and their lives. Im not saying everyone needs to look like models and body builders. Hell in todays society I would be called Obese. Even though I can bench about 200 lbs and run 5 miles easy. Im just a large person. But Unhealthy life styles should, again, NOT be glorified, just because some people want to justify their unhealth choices. Hit those problems head on, dont go crying to other people to include peoples eating disorders.

Fatter warframes = larger exposed surface area and takes up unnecessary space + unnecessary increase in mass = significant decrease in mobility and increase in building cost.

Just now, Madho said:

Fatter warframes = larger exposed surface area and takes up unnecessary space + unnecessary increase in mass = significant decrease in mobility and increase in building cost.

Yeah. +1 nitain extract for the extra size would make me regret this thread fo sho.