Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem trusting 3rd party market listing... i can't even report him

DiePainPain

I dont see a problem here, or why you would even want to report this person...

are the prices too high for you or something? If thats the case, just move on and look for another seller, or put up a buy order. Nothing wrong here that I can see.

3 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

yeah, market manipulation the greatest evil in warframe.....

Wow you serious? You think THIS is market manipulation then Whew Lad...Havent seen the WoW AH have you? This guy was probably just undercutting the guy above him to get a quick sale and just forgot about it. 

All I see here is OP crying that prices for something they want are too high? I mean its a seller's market. If you aint got the money or think the price is too high, you just get to do without. Its that simple, no use in crying on the forums about it, especially when the site that its happening on is not affiliated with DE at all.

Edited by armedpoop

First off OP,blackout that name,name and shame is not allowed.

Second what he is doing is flipping,which is buyng cheap and selling higher.

Third but not least,the seller choose how much he wants to sell his items,be it 2000 plat for a R5 core or 1 plat,nothing can be done about it.

TL:DR -  OP doesn't understand how trading works and thinks that flipping is an offense worth of a report.

2 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Wow you serious? You think THIS is market manipulation then Whew Lad...Havent seen the WoW AH have you? This guy was probably just undercutting the guy above him to get a quick sale and just forgot about it. 

All I see here is OP crying that prices for something they want are too high? I mean its a seller's market. If you aint got the money or think the price is too high, you just get to do without. Its that simple, no use in crying on the forums about it, especially when the site that its happening on is not affiliated with DE at all.

Erm.... i think u are lost, i'm a seller. Look at the picture the guy is a fake seller with 10 prime contiunity @ 120p. He actually wants to buy @ 150p

2 minutes ago, Brokenrune said:

Still don't understand ELI5 plz?

dude's selling prime continuity for 120 plat (fake)

but also buying it for 155 (probably real)

the idea is by selling it for 120, it sets a price that other sellers would price it at instead of pricing it for the 300-500 plat it's currently worth (based on what everyone else is selling primed continuity for)

basically, they're trying to manipulate the market price of primed continuity to make it cheaper.

also is this not naming and shaming? warframe market usernames are identical to those in game, so I think the usernames should be censored out.

Firstly, pretty sure despite the person in question having done NOTHING wrong at all- and OP just whining about prices they don't like on a free market- that this falls under the whole "don't name and shame thing" so at the least black out the name.

Secondly, on the topic of nothing having been done wrong. OP- this is a free market. people can charge however much they want. Whether the buyers choose to accept their price is up to them. If they feel ripped off after making a purchase? Too bad. Buyer's remorse. They have the internet available to them to price check. They have the option to wait around and try to find more sellers. If you don't like the price- move along. Don't sit there and complain about it in what is essentially the seller's place of business. It's rude.

2 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

Erm.... i think u are lost, i'm a seller. Look at the picture the guy is a fake seller with 10 prime contiunity @ 120p. He actually wants to buy @ 150p

Why does it matter if it says he has 10 P Continuity? How do you know that they dont have 10? Also you should update your OP to state that. Nobody knows what this picture means.

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

Unless I misunderstand, he's not even flipping correctly. He's buying high and selling low. What exactly would you report him for? Losing money?

Yep my bad I did read (confused Buy Order with Sell Order) too fast,he is actually manipulating the market,but even then I think nothing can be done about it since the site is not related to DE in anyway,many games don't allow the manipulation of the market but I don't know about WF.

4 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

dude's selling prime continuity for 120 plat (fake)

but also buying it for 155 (probably real)

the idea is by selling it for 120, it sets a price that other sellers would price it at instead of pricing it for the 300-500 plat it's currently worth (based on what everyone else is selling primed continuity for)

basically, they're trying to manipulate the market price of primed continuity to make it cheaper.

also is this not naming and shaming? warframe market usernames are identical to those in game, so I think the usernames should be censored out.

Blacked the name, but whoever using warframe.market to search will still see it lol

3 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Why does it matter if it says he has 10 P Continuity? How do you know that they dont have 10? Also you should update your OP to state that. Nobody knows what this picture means.

isn't its obvious? He's trying to buy @ 155p? unless u really think he wasting credit and plat to trade....

2 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

isn't its obvious? He's trying to buy @ 155p? unless u really think he wasting credit and plat to trade....

Who knows maybe he want to sell all those mods THEN buy one copy of the same mod. You ask me why not sell only 9 of them and keep one? Well because he CAN.

A Free market is a free market at the end of the day and there isn't really anything that can be done about it.

Although to anyone who uses that site for either buying/selling and or price checks it's just plain common sense to scroll through the entire list to get an approximate pricing for any items listed, if you had done that instead of singling out this particular trade post you would see there are many others who attempt to manipulate the values, as said above Warframe has a free market and this thing is and should be expected.

I have more respect for the guy who does "market manipulation" and separates suckers from their plat appropriately than I do for people who actually believe this nonsense about set prices in a game with no set prices.

Edited by VKhaun

Every player has a right to TRY to sell or buy any tradeable item for any price they please. 'They are free to try' is the operative part of that statement. Because while they are allowed to price their goods how they want, they wont sell much if they aren't in the ballpark of what everyone else is asking for.