Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood Rush Body Count Frame

MKDLMR

Question

The ones that increase speed are always good(valk, volt, nezha, nova and zephyr) Chroma is good too once that damage buff gets up there, the damage potential is insane. I've been using Equinox quite a bit as that slow with the augment is great for closing in on melee range. 

Any frame using Naramon Focus. Because it's not OP at all amirite guys?

Serious answer: I don't endorse blood rush because of how insanely unbalanced it is atm, but if you are going to be using body count it makes it so you don't need as fast a frame to get between targets. I suggest something tanky that's good at taking hits since you'll be focusing close range combat. Valkyr, Chroma, Frost, Atlas, Wukong. That sorta frame.

I use ash with Fatal Teleport and Rising storm. You get about 30 seconds of combo time with body count after one bladestorm and 200% more damage on red crit finishers gives you more melee options to kill heavy units with one teleport.

A lot of people are suggesting using finishers. I don't understand why you'd build for blood rush and body count then. You'll be oneshotting everything with either CL dagger or with any weapon and the augments that increase finisher damage.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

A lot of people are suggesting using finishers. I don't understand why you'd build for blood rush and body count then. You'll be oneshotting everything with either CL dagger or with any weapon and the augments that increase finisher damage.

Pbb main reason is, that not everytime u r able to make a Finisher, f.e. enemies under Nullibuble, scroumage of enemies, while u doing Finisher on one u become detected for anothers etc

Slap these mods onto a Tekko with Beserker and what not. You'll be doing red crits straight away, and the damage is phenomenal. As for a frame? Maybe Ash, with a general purpose build (I posted my general / duration build on another thread called 'Best Ash Prime Build?' or some such. His smoke is useful and his higher-than-average-for-a-stealth-frame armor is very good for an up-close and personal frame.

10 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

... soooooo I guess Valkyr but she is kind of squishy too. ...

Valkyr? Squishy? She's easily one of the hardest frames to kill, her armor is impossible to top and, aside from abilities like Rhino's Iron Skin, she's got one of the best survivabilities.

Okay, I think body count and blood rush are wasted on valkyr because they don't translate over to hysteria, so I guess wu kong or Rhino? I don't think it's a good fit for Ash; I think you'd want a convert lethality dagger instead. 

10 hours ago, 1deed1 said:

Wukong's passive stacks with body count giving a 25 sec long timer, and his Defy makes him a lot tankier than Excalibur.

your claim is false sir

taken from http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Count

Body Count does not affect weapons generated by Warframe Abilities such as Exalted Blade, Hysteria,Landslide and Primal Fury. This is because Ability-generated melee weapons use their own melee combo counter separate from the player's melee weapon, and its duration is capped at 3 seconds. The combo counter of the player's melee weapon will be preserved provided the player deactivates their ability before the combo counter refreshes

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Body Count does not affect weapons generated by Warframe Abilities such as Exalted Blade, Hysteria,Landslide and Primal Fury.

You are true, but that is only when Wukong activates Primal Fury. If he doesn't then the combo counter is 25 seconds long. If you took the time to read the note right above the one you quoted, you could see that.

Edited by 1deed1

1 hour ago, MKDLMR said:

Okay, I think body count and blood rush are wasted on valkyr because they don't translate over to hysteria

You are right that mods don't affect Hysteria but you are wrong they are wasted on Valkyr. Go to any higher DS surv or infested sortie surv with Hysteria build and you will be dead by 20 minute mark due to Ancient Disruptors and energy drain Eximi. Go there with Warcry build and crit weapon with body count and blood rush and it will be walk in the park.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

You are right that mods don't affect Hysteria but you are wrong they are wasted on Valkyr. Go to any higher DS surv or infested sortie surv with Hysteria build and you will be dead by 20 minute mark due to Ancient Disruptors and energy drain Eximi. Go there with Warcry build and crit weapon with body count and blood rush and it will be walk in the park.

Okay, what do you recommend as far as a weapon and frame mod load-out? 

35 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

Okay, what do you recommend as far as a weapon and frame mod load-out? 

On the frame Steel Charge aura, Eternal War, Steel Fiber and Vitality are a must. Beside of that as much power strength as you can get, even at the cost of efficiency. The only thing is if you go much below 100% efficiency you will need energy drop or pizza for your first cast of Warcry (or recast in case of death). I usually take also Antitoxin against infested.

For the weapon I prefer Dual Ichor with pretty much standard crit build sporting blood rush and body count + corrosive damage. I think Scindo Prime or Fragor Prime would be good as well, but I'm yet to see Berserker drop to actually test it.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

On the frame Steel Charge aura, Eternal War, Steel Fiber and Vitality are a must. Beside of that as much power strength as you can get, even at the cost of efficiency. The only thing is if you go much below 100% efficiency you will need energy drop or pizza for your first cast of Warcry (or recast in case of death). I usually take also Antitoxin against infested.

For the weapon I prefer Dual Ichor with pretty much standard crit build sporting blood rush and body count + corrosive damage. I think Scindo Prime or Fragor Prime would be good as well, but I'm yet to see Berserker drop to actually test it.

What about something like the Tekko or Nikana Prime? 

1 hour ago, MKDLMR said:

What about something like the Tekko or Nikana Prime? 

If you are fine with Tekko's short range it's good. Nikana Prime as well, but take a look at the crit table on Blood Rush. You need at least 20% base crit chance for 100% crit at x1.5 multiplier and at least 30% base crti chance for all red crits at x2 multiplier.

For a weapon with 20% base crit chance you will need combo multiplier of x3.5 to get to full red crit area. That's 405 hits. However Nikana Prime or Scindo Prime hit like a truck regardless so even with occasional red crits it's still viable.

Just don't go for anything lower. At 15% base crit chance you will need 45 hits (x2) for slim 3.2% chance for red crit and for 10% base crit chance you won't see red crits at all (sorry Orthos Prime).

EDIT: all above with assumption you are using full True Steel.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

you are wrong about orthos prime>> with true steel and body count at 2.5 multi  with maiming strike ( no blood rush) you will get consistent red crits>> if blood rush is in the build you will red crits in quick melee >> with body count alone no true steel or other crit mods all you need is a 3.5 multi.  Orthos p is still king of melees  in my eyes as you can pull off some pretty insane numbers when paired with the right frame>>

Edited by ranks21

2 hours ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Thanks for all the info!

What stance and mod load-out do you have on your ichors? They don't really get good damage boosts from their stances.... 

4 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

with maiming strike ( no blood rush) you will get consistent red crits

Yes, maiming strike gives +90% flat base crit chance while sliding. I would say personal preference here as I often find there is not enough room for slide with infested swarming around you. I also didn't said Orthos Prime is bad weapon (far from that!), it's just not suitable for Blood Rush + Body Count combo that is discussed in this thread.

7 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

What stance and mod load-out do you have on your ichors?

I use Swirling Tiger mostly because it matches polarity and I didn't bother to forma the stance (yet?). The last jump on Winding Claws combo is a little annoying but anyway... Stance is mostly matter of personal preference, if you find the other more fluent then go for it.

Well if you have the mods and build I have a setup that is pretty decent melee.

Saryn

Constitution

Steelfibre

Vititality

Redirection

Streamline

Stretch

Continuity (Primed if you have it)

Contagion Cloud

Jat Kittag

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

True Steel

Body Count

Heavy Truama

Blood Rush

Vulcan Blitz

Cast Toxic Lash for a Toxin damage Multiplier

Everytime you kill the Jat causes them to explode, all those who die from that explosion also die and explode. Those who die leave behind a cloud of poison that does 150 poison damage per sec, affected by pwr str.

The cloud effect stacks, duration keeps them up longer, soon only poison resistant or high health mobs are the only things reaching you.