Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are the new tennogen skins arriving to the game ?

Rubric11

24 answers to this question

I've been wondering too and honestly I think probably on wednesday when we get the volt/mag rework as well. Those aren't "new content" in DE's eyes and they always give us new content, so it'll probably be Tennogen stuff

9 minutes ago, Rubric11 said:

DE should hire hitsu sam for the deluxe skins, he has done the best skins of the entire workshop

Also for you- Designing a SKIN in tennogen is an ENTIRELY different beast from a completely new MODEL like the deluxe skins. Just because someone is REALLY good at one (and man hitsu is good) doesn't mean that they're good at the other. They could be total garbage at the other even. There's definitely some people on these forums though that I feel would be a good addition to DE's team if the opportunity ever arose...

1 hour ago, Rubric11 said:

I have 20 buck ready to buy this skins 

I have better question. When all the tenno gen stuff will be available for PLATINUM IN GAME?

1 hour ago, Rubric11 said:

...HOLY FU*K!!!

This is the best skin : O

I'm waiting for this, but not buying until it will be in game for platinum -_-

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657212084

and this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590630820&searchtext=

Frost need skins, and those are the best looking.

Waiting for some Chromas skins too.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

4 hours ago, Rubric11 said:

Those are 2 nice skins, i agree :D

4 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Also for you- Designing a SKIN in tennogen is an ENTIRELY different beast from a completely new MODEL like the deluxe skins. Just because someone is REALLY good at one (and man hitsu is good) doesn't mean that they're good at the other. They could be total garbage at the other even. There's definitely some people on these forums though that I feel would be a good addition to DE's team if the opportunity ever arose...

Thanks Stratego :) This is an interesting topic! You're mostly correct, up to a certain point. What i mean is that your argument is true until you reach a certain design level in which making a skin instead of a remodel is much more difficult because you have to effectively bend the design to fit and work within the boundaries of the base model, that takes more time and it's way harder than having the possibility to just make the model fit the design. Once you know how to do that making the actual model it's not technically different than making a custom helmet, there are more things that you should know like how to make an animation friendly model but at that level those are notions that one already have or are easy(relatively) to gain especially if you already know a little animation or you are working with an animator :)

I hope you guys find this things interesting, i enjoy explaining technical stuff XD

And i'm quite excited for the release as well, there are so many good things! Gotta buy some Frost stuff as well :D

51 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

GET-BACK-TO-WORK-21-RIGHT-MEOW-21.jpg

b3904366388d9511593bf880e0fb75ea.jpg

I understand how challenging it could be, especially when looking at your Nova skin.

But someday, maybe someday, we'll get to that point when you guys will be able to touch the model with some restrictions of course in order to respect the original design.

Edited by matto

54 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Thanks Stratego :) This is an interesting topic! You're mostly correct, up to a certain point. What i mean is that your argument is true until you reach a certain design level in which making a skin instead of a remodel is much more difficult because you have to effectively bend the design to fit and work within the boundaries of the base model, that takes more time and it's way harder than having the possibility to just make the model fit the design. Once you know how to do that making the actual model it's not technically different than making a custom helmet, there are more things that you should know like how to make an animation friendly model but at that level those are notions that one already have or are easy(relatively) to gain especially if you already know a little animation or you are working with an animator :)

I hope you guys find this things interesting, i enjoy explaining technical stuff XD

Maybe they could allow us to upload highpolys and then do their retopo as they need it? That will make sense until your model is 3 GB heavy *muahahaha*

On the second thought...

They can issue some guidelines for body topology maybe? And then accept those that meet the requirements.

5 hours ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I have better question. When all the tenno gen stuff will be available for PLATINUM IN GAME?

Nope.. Never Happen... Since they Need To pay the Tennogen Designer by Cash..

I prepare 100 Buck for Hitsu - San Ceations..

19 minutes ago, Lucha said:

Maybe they could allow us to upload highpolys and then do their retopo as they need it? That will make sense until your model is 3 GB heavy *muahahaha*

On the second thought...

They can issue some guidelines for body topology maybe? And then accept those that meet the requirements.

DE is not there to teach you how to be good at a very hard career path though ^^ And those are informations you can find all over the internet already so it won't help cause the people interested in doing that sort of stuff are probably already trained in it. The problem is more about animations and rigging, a new model will require work from different departments and they are already really busy with the development of the game itself. Having custom models implemented into the game will make for a much much longer implementation time (i think that people already are impatient with a month worth of wait for the tennogen skins) and since it's more work for everybody the cost of those models will rise for sure. For something so complex that involves so many fields it's better hiring the artist so they get to direct the work at every step so i don't think we will see it coming for this tennogen but who knows ^^ Maybe they can find a solution in the future!

High polys is not an option for sure ^^

28 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

Nope.. Never Happen... Since they Need To pay the Tennogen Designer by Cash..

I prepare 100 Buck for Hitsu - San Ceations..

I remember that I think it was Steve, said that they will going to try make tenno gen for platinum in game, but they don't know if they will.

Just now, HitsuSan said:

DE is not there to teach you how to be good at a very hard career path though ^^ And those are informations you can find all over the internet already so it won't help cause the people interested in doing that sort of stuff are probably already trained in it. The problem is more about animations and rigging, a new model will require work from different departments and they are already really busy with the development of the game itself. Having custom models implemented into the game will make for a much much longer implementation time (i think that people already are impatient with a month worth of wait for the tennogen skins) and since it's more work for everybody the cost of those models will rise for sure. For something so complex that involves so many fields it's better hiring the artist so they get to direct the work at every step so i don't think we will see it coming for this tennogen but who knows ^^ Maybe they can find a solution in the future!

High polys is not an option for sure ^^

Yeah, I never meant DE should take tennogen artists' hands and show them the way and teach everything. I mean, what they could (I don't see any other option here) do is this - set some visual wireframe limits. They try to make the essential information accessible to anyone who tries their hand at this sort of 'activity'. If they do allow this modelswap kind of skins for warframes, they will try to make their best to engage as many tennogen artists as possible. That is the point. I'm not sure but I believe those awesome delux skins were modeled by DE, and it took a while (and it was expectable) for them to do so ...yes, they won't allow us to make new warframe topologies unless they are 100% sure they won't be sitting there with red eyes trying to clean up custom topologies. 

Noone was speaking about some 'career', oh noes. We are just content creators after all - giving some variety to the looks of game using the power of imagination and aquired skills, right? :) It was more like a speculation comment to be honest ;)

Spoiler

I am not a pro for sure, I am a duck XD

P.S. I know! They will give a set of standard skeleton and a couple of extrem poses and tag it #skin and animate with your topology if you dare XD

Edited by Lucha

1 hour ago, Lucha said:

Noone was speaking about some 'career', oh noes. We are just content creators after all - giving some variety to the looks of game using the power of imagination and aquired skills, right? :) It was more like a speculation comment to be honest ;)

P.S. I know! They will give a set of standard skeleton and a couple of extrem poses and tag it #skin and animate with your topology if you dare XD

Wrong :) There is a good number of professional artists working on Tennogen. It's very similar if not identical to what you would do if you were working on a outsourcing software and art house (ex, go see what Airborn Studios do), with the difference that you might not get paid for the work as a con if the result is not up to par but you can do it at your own pace in your spare time as a pro ^^

I'm saying it's only normal if DE expects us to be already trained artists ^^ The quality level already raised a lot from the beginning after all :D

Ps. Yeah... that doesn't help much ^^ It's unfortunate cause it will be very cool but there's no easy way to do this, it still will require lots of time from the studio and they can't afford to spend time filtering the amount of things they'll get. Plus rigging and animating is not necessarily something a model can do well (it's a animator work) and with all the time necessary and all the persons needed it will cost so much in time and effort that's no more a viable product. It's way too hard to do it like this, it would be much simpler for DE to hire an artist, nda included. The tennogen skins are a good compromise between time spent and reward for now ^^ it's too early to complicate things!

7 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Wrong :) There is a good number of professional artists working on Tennogen. It's very similar if not identical to what you would do if you were working on a outsourcing software and art house (ex, go see what Airborn Studios do), with the difference that you might not get paid for the work as a con if the result is not up to par but you can do it at your own pace in your spare time as a pro ^^

I'm saying it's only normal if DE expects us to be already trained artists ^^ The quality level already raised a lot from the beginning after all :D

Ps. Yeah... that doesn't help much ^^ It's unfortunate cause it will be very cool but there's no easy way to do this, it still will require lots of time from the studio and they can't afford to spend time filtering the amount of things they'll get. Plus rigging and animating is not necessarily something a model can do well (it's a animator work) and with all the time necessary and all the persons needed it will cost so much in time and effort that's no more a viable product. It's way too hard to do it like this, it would be much simpler for DE to hire an artist, nda included. The tennogen skins are a good compromise between time spent and reward for now ^^ it's too early to complicate things!

So it's kind of freelance job you take, right? I saw it in a different way, sorry. I thought it's more like modding, a controllable one, with a reward system to motivate or smth like this. And it's quite natural experienced guys take part in it. Actually I wasn't thinking about it as a side job. Dunno, if it was meant to sort out talents and experienced potential employees, then I guess it would end in a contract. It is very exciting XD, coz pros can create content for favourite game and then become a member or the dev team. Now it sounds like some career though.

Nevermind, it's just speculations of a former modder XD

I think it's hightime for me to shut up and go :-) 

Yeah it's both :) I don't think that somebody who's doing it just for the money opportunity will go far, you really need to understand the game and make something the community will love for it to be successful and it takes a big passion for this game to do that. It just can be much more if you want to take it next level or you can just make things for fun but it's hard to keep going if they don't get selected when in other games with modding you can just make them and have them already in the game, it's more rewarding for a beginner.

Anyway yeah enough of this XD Reinforcements comes tomorrow or today?

Just eyeballin' the new Mesa helmet ;-)

But that Alata Skin looks pretty rad as well, let's see how much will be left in my wallet by then...

Edited by no_stripes

On 5/24/2016 at 8:56 PM, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

And? They can work out some deal. 

How exactly do you expect them to do so?

I mean DE can't even offer Gift of the Lotus as a plat discount on console....

OT: I seriously giggled at you saying it wasn't "fair" given that they are Steam Exclusives and a way to drive sales and downloads through Steam.

22 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Yeah it's both :) I don't think that somebody who's doing it just for the money opportunity will go far, you really need to understand the game and make something the community will love for it to be successful and it takes a big passion for this game to do that. It just can be much more if you want to take it next level or you can just make things for fun but it's hard to keep going if they don't get selected when in other games with modding you can just make them and have them already in the game, it's more rewarding for a beginner.

Anyway yeah enough of this XD Reinforcements comes tomorrow or today?

It always comes on wednesdays