The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons Why Grineer / Corpus / Infested Weapons CAN & SHOULD Be Primed

3 minutes ago, Genitive said:

The Grineer? Unlikely, maybe apart from very few, like Vor. The Corpus are known to look for Orokin tech. I imagine they raid vaults for the same reason we do. For the loot. In the case of the Grineer it might also be to find a cure to their genetic disease.

There are cases of ripping technology off, like the Braton, but I wouldn't go too far with that. My point still stands - don't prime what shouldn't be primed.

It's not unlikely at all, they literally scour the towers searching for Orokin tech, the same as the corpus, and the same as we do. Void Sabotage comes to mind, and Derelict Sabotage, and Vor of course. As if they would go into an orokin tower and look for one specific thing and dismiss all the other tech around them if they don't find it, that's illogical as heck. If they see some tech, they'll grab it, it's pretty obvious. Anyone would do the same.

And I agree, if something can't be primed as is typically done so in Prime Access, just create a new orokin weapon that the old one is loosely based upon. Same theme, same general weapontype, just with a few differences to make it unique and better, like a prime, but not a primed version of the old one.

Edited by Master-Ouroboros

6 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Original weapons can still in theory have Orokin counterparts because a massive part of their development will have been based off of things derived from Orokin tech. They might not have primed versions, like Kohmak or Nukor prime, but they CAN have original orokin weapons that are extremely similar, that they are based on or at the very least, are a rough descendent of.

I don't think you've actually read past the title. Read the post. I've stated in my actual post that even if things can't be primed because they're original, that they can still have counteparts of different names, that they're at the very least, loosely based upon.

As for infested weapons. I highly doubt that all the while the Orokin were experimenting with technocyte, while they had many successful experiments with Warframes, they had absolutely ZERO with technocyte / infested orokin weaponry that at least implemented SOME biotech / nanotech capabilities into weaponry, giving that weaponry at the very least, subtle "infested" capabilities.

If you build a gauss rifle based off of various things derived from orokin tech it does not make that thing a ripoff version of another specific weapon.

Those "counterparts of different names" wouldn't even be close to the same design either. It would be nothing similar and so... it's not a prime of the other thing? If they're not at all related then there's no point in calling one thing the prime of another. That's completely against everything taht makes a prime a prime...

Perhaps they did. I'll give you that one. Like the dakra prime- it could be an infested "prime" weapon- that there's no normal version of. But at that point it's still not a prime version of an existing weapon so my point still kinda stands. An infested weapon can't really be "prime(d)" but there COULD be an infested-orokin tech weapon that would be classified by us as "prime".

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

Because Braton is a weapon sold by the Corpus, not used by the Corpus, while the Snipetron was the weapon you could see on Sniper Crewmen ;)

The thing is though, I'm not, and if you actually read my post with an open mind, you'd see that. Well, at least I think you would, but I'm not entirely sure considering your grammar (not a grammar nazi, it's just I find it hard to believe that someone who's grammar is like that will be able to understand the points I'm making with ease).

Just now, Master-Ouroboros said:

It's not unlikely at all, they literally scour the towers searching for Orokin tech, the same as the corpus, and the same as we do. Void Sabotage comes to mind, and Derelict Sabotage, and Vor of course. As if they would go into an orokin tower and look for one specific thing and dismiss all the other tech around them if they don't find it, that's illogical as heck. If they see some tech, they'll grab it, it's pretty obvious. Anyone would do the same.

They do, but that doesn't mean they are going to build new weapons with this tech.

Also, primed Corpus weapons wouldn't work because they use energy weapons, the type you don't find among the Orokin arsenal.

10 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

@Master-Ouroboros: Because Braton is a weapon sold by the Corpus, not used by the Corpus, while the Snipetron was the weapon you could see on Sniper Crewmen ;)

Ah yeah, that makes sense!

9 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

If you build a gauss rifle based off of various things derived from orokin tech it does not make that thing a ripoff version of another specific weapon.

Those "counterparts of different names" wouldn't even be close to the same design either. It would be nothing similar and so... it's not a prime of the other thing? If they're not at all related then there's no point in calling one thing the prime of another. That's completely against everything taht makes a prime a prime...

Perhaps they did. I'll give you that one. Like the dakra prime- it could be an infested "prime" weapon- that there's no normal version of. But at that point it's still not a prime version of an existing weapon so my point still kinda stands. An infested weapon can't really be "prime(d)" but there COULD be an infested-orokin tech weapon that would be classified by us as "prime".

Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. If you actually read my post I state that even if things CAN'T BE PRIMED, they can still have prime counteparts that are the originals to which they're derived from. Prime counterparts that are extremely similar, but also different. The same general theme but different details, different side functions, different characteristics. I even made an example of what I'm saying with Gorgon Prime, saying there could be something extremely similar that isn't called Gorgon prime, but that lore-wise is what Gorgon was based upon. 

As for your point about infested prime weapons, yes that's a possibility, but I also like the idea that the Orokin did manage to utilise nanotech and biotech into actual Prime weapons. Creating weapons very similar to say, Torid, creating something somewhat akin to a Torid Prime, and perhaps that's why the technocyte manifests in such a way now, that it commonly allows for the creation of infested weaponry from blueprints, because it has a memory of what once was, back in the day when the orokin utilised technocyte. In other words, that one day there was a torid prime, and now the infested hive mind has either a genetic memory of it, or some other kind of memory engrained into it's nanotech hardware or however it connects itself to it's different colonies, which allows it to copy the original template. But the memory template has somewhat eroded over time and that's why we don't have the original yet.

Kinda like how Phorid manifests at different places at different times and always looks the same etc, it's a specific part of the hive mind, and it's memory and it causes specific mutations to occur for a specific result.

8 minutes ago, Genitive said:

They do, but that doesn't mean they are going to build new weapons with this tech.

Also, primed Corpus weapons wouldn't work because they use energy weapons, the type you don't find among the Orokin arsenal.

Well, I never said they'd build new weapons with the Orokin tech. But it's pretty obvious that they'd back engineer it, study it, find out how it works, and then use the knowledge they gained from doing so to develop new weaponry for themselves. Quite likely even copying the concepts they understand, but not being able to make exact copies because they still lack some understanding, so instead we end up with grineer weaponry that seems original but it still based on orokin tech.

Also, energy weapons would work with Primed weapons. Orokin towers have energy weapons installed into their turrets, and the death orbs lasers are energy weapons too.

1 minute ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Kinda like how Phorid manifests at different places at different times and always looks the same etc, it's a specific part of the hive mind, and it's memory and it causes specific mutations to occur for a specific result.

... I'm pretty sure the infested would learn to cause a different mutation after Phorid being murdered thousands of times. Lol.

First, I was under the impression that Alad V is the nut responsible for mutating the virus, allowing machinery to get infested. So I do not see how there would be Orokin stuff of that nature.

As for Priming things. There are Vandal, Wraith, and Prisma (to name three) that can be used to provide improved versions of weapons in the future.

27 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Grineer and corpus weapons CAN be primed. Proof- Braton prime, braton is a corpus weapon. Reason- the corpus and grineer can easily try to rip off an orokin design of a weapon.

So we have ripoff Braton that Corpus doesn't even use. And you say it means that every other tech is a ripoff.

What a logic.

I'm happy with the current system of priming weapons. I see no reason why we should have prime variants of Grineer weapons as their design style obviously took a left turn away from the elegant gold stylings of the Orokin. A few choice Corpus weapons could get a prime because they look as though they could be direct rip-off of Orokin tech. 

I'm not seeing it. It's been a long, long time since the Orokin fell. Plus, the Lotus is constantly sending us on missions to destroy this prototype or that advanced technology, it's clear the factions are doing their own research. As for the Infested, the whole problem with them is that they grow and advance uncontrollably. There's little reason to assume any of the factions' technology is closely related to any possible Orokin progenitor.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I'm happy with the current system of priming weapons. I see no reason why we should have prime variants of Grineer weapons as their design style obviously took a left turn away from the elegant gold stylings of the Orokin. A few choice Corpus weapons could get a prime because they look as though they could be direct rip-off of Orokin tech. 

There's only one reason as to why they should be given orokin / prime counterparts (not prime versions, different weapons that the older weapons were based on), and that is FUN. This idea opens up the game for so many more new weapons, so many more new upgrades and sidegrades, and so much more lore immersion and a much more abundant Warframe world in general. And for me personally it'll make the game much more enjoyable over time. But of course, it's not necessary as such, just an extremely good idea in my personal, open-minded opinion.

But as for reasons why grineer weapons could be given prime counterparts, look at my previous responses. The look means nothing. It's all about the backstory of how they develop weapons and how they back-engineer orokin tech. (Seer comes to mind.)

6 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I'm not seeing it. It's been a long, long time since the Orokin fell. Plus, the Lotus is constantly sending us on missions to destroy this prototype or that advanced technology, it's clear the factions are doing their own research. As for the Infested, the whole problem with them is that they grow and advance uncontrollably. There's little reason to assume any of the factions' technology is closely related to any possible Orokin progenitor.

There is one reason, and one reason only, the only one that's needed. Logic.

I can't believe there are people here actually protesting an idea that opens up many more realms of possibility for new content in the future. Why do people play this game if not to enjoy the new content and have FUN? Why would anyone who loves a game willingly shut down an attempt to open up the game to many more possibilities. It's nonsensical.

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Also this would be an awesome visual change. Imagine orokin design and grineer aesthetics mashing together.

Yeah a bit like Seer but more refined seeing as the alterations have been made by the automated systems of the tower and not a Grineer tech who lacks the proper knowhow.

It'd be even cooler if the tech the neural sentry uses to control the corrupted is a form of uncorrupted technocyte, so the changes in the corrupted units are actually as a result of nanotech infestation.

Just now, Master-Ouroboros said:

I can't believe there are people here actually protesting an idea that opens up many more realms of possibility for new content in the future. Why do people play this game if not to enjoy the new content and have FUN? Why would anyone who loves a game willingly shut down an attempt to open up the game to many more possibilities. It's nonsensical.

It's more the tone and the way in which you present your ideas. You don't leave a lot of room for feedback,and look how you're approaching criticism!

You have to keep calm and politely explain your point of view and agree to disagree if it still doesn't work out. Aggressively attacking is the best way to wreck a discussion. 

16 minutes ago, Repligon said:

So we have ripoff Braton that Corpus doesn't even use. And you say it means that every other tech is a ripoff.

What a logic.

I need to tell you something mate. Something important. You have a skill. A skill for taking things completely out of context and not reading the and making yourself look like a fool.

I SPECIFICALLY said in the post you took CONTEXT out of "but ORIGINAL grineer/corpus designs such as the kohmak, nukor, etc CANNOT be primed because they are not a ripoff of orokin design- so there's no prime they ripped off".

If you're a troll, try harder. If you're not a troll, read better.